Reviews for The Distance
The Red Leper chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
very nice filler! adorable!
Sylarfan chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
I could easily see your "lost scenes" fitting into the movies. Loved it.
Qualia Des chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Fantastic in-betweener! I love how you hinted at and built up the tension between O'Connell and Evie. :)
ophelietta chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Oh, this is /wonderful/. The characterization is dead on, and this seems to fit so seamlessly with the movie (and makes me want to watch it all over again!). I love the little details (the locket! the oranges! the gory story of what happens to Osiris' man-bits!), and how the story and the relationship progresses from the beginning to the end. I'm also quite fond of Jonathan, and pleased that he hasn't just been shoved to the margins, in favour of Evelyn and Rick's relationship. Brothers, man, brothers. Thanks for writing this.
mrphishie chapter 1 . 10/20/2010
I LOVE THIS. I love it I love it I LOVE IT.

I should write you a more detailed review and maybe one day when I reread it (AGAIN, 'cause this is like my third time through) I'll write you a nice one about HOW and WHY I love this one. Because I LOVE IT.

that's all.
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Oh my lord, this is one of the best-written Mummy fics I've seen on this site. Your characterization was flawless, and your building of the relationships was fantastic. I could absolutely see your writing fitting within the movie. Bravo!
Tinsnail chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
A most excellent concept, and admirably well-written. The only thing that popped out at me was this: "The machines could be oiled, of course, but wet ammunition was dead weight and had to be discarded. The same went for wet explosives."

The explosives that he'd be carrying would have almost definitely been dynamite. Funny thing about dynamite, which is a more stable form of nitroglycerin, is that it becomes more volatile when made wet, rather than useless like the gun powder.

I really liked your story!
Frailly chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
oh i simply loved it, in every way! Beautiful!
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
It's difficult to say what my favourite part is because it's all so good.

Jonathan's way of warning Rick off Evie was funny, because obviously there's no point in threatening the man. Evie and Rick's little heart to heart about their circumstances was very sweet. I love the whole Warden chewing his tie thing - but I'm a huge Omid Djalili fan so I love any mention of the poor Warden lol. Rick trying not to fall for a woman so much better than he deserves - and failing miserably was also sweet. Everything Jonathan said or did was brilliant, but then you really seem to *get* him.

Overall, excellent as ever.
there wont be a sequel chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Your fillers are quite awesome :D I loved the ending! Awesome dialogue, and flawless characterization (as usual). It's so easy to imagine this really happening. Kudos!

Kenzay
MgcGurl chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
This is a really good story! I like all of your Mummy stories that I've read, but this one is my favorite so far. You really captured the characters personalities well. You should keep writing more stories, they're really good!
Luling chapter 1 . 10/20/2007
SO SO SO sweet! OMG! I totally squealed when I read "And Rick O'Connell lost his heart." _ It was absolutely fantastic!
Canne chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Just found this story, and I loved it! The dialogue is very well-written and some of your phrasing is truly brilliant. I particularly loved this passage:

Evelyn Carnahan, cloistered with her dusty books and her long-dead Egyptian nobility, had no interest whatsoever in voting or in going to jail. Her brother shouldered both of those responsibilities on behalf of the family, and that suited her perfectly.

Well done!
Rick evie 4ever chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Amazing fanfiction! i want to read more! i want to know what happens next! Dont stop now!
Rhinemaiden Number 4 chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Characterization is spot-on, your prose is divine, and the story flows so perfectly. Dang, this is perfection.

-MHIR