Reviews for The Ball is in Your Court
CillaT chapter 28 . 12/25/2014
I just read the whole story in one go! it's absolutely amazing! not like all the other p&p high-school aus at all (: update soon!
Regular Reviewer chapter 3 . 12/20/2014
Hi! I just started reading your fic, and can I just say, in capital letters no less: OHMYFUDGE, THIS IS LIKE THE PRIDE AND PREJUDICE I IMAGINED FOR SO LOOONG! Basketball fic. Like you said in your author's note (I read author's notes hehe) basketball is really close to you, and so is basketball to me! I was excited on seeing this fic (Oh my fudge, A MODERN PRIDE AND PREJUDICE STORY AND BASKETBALL!?) I did happy dancing.

And yep, I am hyperventilating right now.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/18/2014
Awwwwww :) that's sooooo cute!
CathySylvie chapter 28 . 12/17/2014
I'm hooked, please update xx
Guest chapter 28 . 12/13/2014
Lydia is so lucky to have people that care about her
Guest J chapter 27 . 12/10/2014
Hey, truly enjoying this! As an alum w my hubby of seven years of what we called "trains, planes & automobiles'l I can SO relate to where Ellie and Will find themselves. They're hindered by a serious relationship that was relatively new and only consummated intimately right before their separation, their age difference in that 19 vs 23 is a considerable gap, their income disparity & the sheer physical distance.

Here's what this LDR old timer would prescribe to get these kids to their safely "forever."
A. _COMMUNICATION_ 1) use EVERY form of communication available - including physical LETTERS ::, longhand ideally but typed if not, written during the five days without phone contact. These epistolary gems are like flawless diamonds in a relationship in that they can be read over and over, you engage emotionally w handwriting or photos included, & they make checking your mail a fun treasure hunt! 2) TEXTING :: a great, fast and cheap way to keep each other involved daily; 3) VOICE RECORDING :: in the old analog days, my love & I exchanged cassette tapes. The easy wonders of digital voice recording sent via email removes the clunky cassettes - these were like personal podcasts (what's bothering me; dreams for when we next meet, the lowdown on the Aussies in his life, et al); 4) EMAIL :: a great way to DL some of life's daily minutiae that unfortunately morphs into the impt stuff of life. I'd expect to email several times a week but be sure to differentiate the quick email from the I depth letter. Think of the P&P scene in canon when Elizabeth methodically reviews her correspondence from Jane; print out everything so you can peruse it again when you're down. 5) PHONE CALLS :: be ruthless in scheduling so as not to miss a call!

B. _FAMILY_ ODC have friends on their side (what's happened to Patrick this soph year btw?), but their trump card is loving parental support, the Lady excepted! George should be in touch with the Bennets so organizing an Aussie trip can be facilitated. If the Darcys are fabulously wealthy and the kids love each other, Ellie should with her parents' support accept a tix to Sydney. Also how about Ellie & Georgia both reaching out thru their mutual love of Will & making a new friend.

Lastly, clearly a new crisis is on the horizon that will test our young lovers. Perhaps in the positive wake of that and another approach to LDR, they might consider brainstorming how TO be together more permanently. LDR's are ideally transitory. They are designed to end & transform into something else. Would it be the end of the world for Ellie to take a gap year & go to Australia and take a few classes at U of Sydney while still living w Will and traveling some? Talk about an adventure! It could be an investment in their joint future:: we know how well he plays when she's supporting him; her presence relieves the pressure on him as eligible beefcake:); she'll return to Pemberley refreshed.

Whatever's coming down the like conflict wise please be kind to Ellie. Ifs there's a crisis in her world & he departs Sydney to return to the States, don't have her prostrate w guilt for (what the Ladys & canon Mrs. Bennets of the world would say is) "forcing" him to let go of his "dream".
***Just a little advice from my own RL memories as a 5'3" groupie of her 6'6" Bball love!
zitroni chapter 27 . 12/10/2014
hey :) so I saw your story for so long but only now got the time to finally start reading it - and promptly read all of it at once! eventhough I am like Ellie and do not care about basketball :-D i really like your story and your translation into the modern world. especially kitty is so refreshing and what you did with collins is really hilarious!
my only sore point would be that I do not really like how dependent ellie is on will. having been in a long-distance-relationship myself I find your description of her suffering to be over the top. especially for a p&p fanfic. what I always really liked about lizzie was that she was so independent and compassionate about other people. here she just sounds weak and a bit selfish. i hope you do not take this offensive, because I do really enjoy your story otherwise and do hope that you continue writiting!
acbennet chapter 28 . 12/12/2014
Intense!
Jewell Trim chapter 6 . 12/12/2014
Hey girl, as a freshman in college I experienced a little introduction with games and events. Your version isn't wrong. Colleges are different at each place
hongkongphooey63 chapter 28 . 12/12/2014
Poor Kitty, good for her never giving up on Lydia and now Lydia's back but with what troubles...poor her too
Guest chapter 26 . 12/9/2014
Wow, it's nice to see a mature, sensible kitty. She is right, Elizabeth can't change the situation so she needs to live her own life and stop wallowing in self pity over something that she can't fix
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 27 . 12/11/2014
Really! You evil woman you! Lol. I was just in despair, woe is me, when they instantly reconnected! Aw, how utterly sweet. Then pow! Oh the humanity. I wonder what the matter is. Maybe her mom and dad are divorcing, or kitty commits suicide, or Wickham attacks...anybody? (Snicker). Post sooner, rather than later. Fantastic writing, as usual. Cheers.
Aereal chapter 27 . 12/10/2014
Such wonderful descriptions of Australia... You must be a fellow Aussie!
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 26 . 12/10/2014
Brava Kitty for that wonderful perspective. She can do much better than a siliconed Kitty. Uk!
Anyway, I hope Lizzy gets her perspective back. Seven more months can be harrowing if you're not prepared.
Wills POV would be nice. I can imagine the ladies over in that antipode, throwing themselves at him. Stay true Will, I know you will. Cheers.
Dizzy Lizzy.60 chapter 25 . 12/10/2014
That was so moving, so bitter sweet. They are both so full of each other, and emotion. I know he will never be tempted by another. Thanks for the lovely update. Cheers.
425 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »