Reviews for Perpendicular
Cassandra Chalice chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Oh, if only the original had been as funny as this! There would be so many more fans of Flatland. Good luck now, A. Square!
BladedMako chapter 1 . 3/25/2011
Well thanks a lot Sphere. Woman are considered idiots in Flatland and noone will listen to him now anyways. Way to go!

This is pretty goof. I should do my own "Flatfic"
Mel Gibh chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
Cool!
940455 chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
I know this fic is six years old, but I stupidly never thought to check for flatfic until today... great story :) And encouraging- now I want to write my own!
kittimiyo chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
Ahahahahaha, how short and sweet! I loved the twist at the end. I was wondering how gender-bending could be accomplished in those two dimensions. Of course!
Penname wa Silver B chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
Hhahaa! Excellent.
This is my name chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
"I'm a WOMAN?"

Very funny!
Moi chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
WOOT.
Parabolina chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
I do have to say, not only am I thrilled at the existence of Flatfic, but this one is genuinely funny. The punchline is well-timed and appropriate, and the whole situation makes sense- surely no one will recognize him now!

You have a little bit of capitalization problems- for instance,

'"Then why don't you?" The Sphere suggested.'

"The" shouldn't be capitalized here. Although the sentence in quotation marks is over, it's considered here to be part of the narrative sentence enclosing it. Microsoft Word's grammar-checker will actually not catch this error, but you can double-check in any grammar reference in the library if you don't want to take my word for it. Or simply look in published books to find examples of how it's done.

Also, I've noticed that you seem to be avoiding using the word "said." You actually shouldn't avoid it, because "said" is invisible, whereas some of the alternatives you come up with won't be invisible, and will be either tiresome or inappropriate- far more distracting than hearing "said" a lot. For instance, "the Sphere tried" seems out of place, because "tried" is rather redundant when you later put in description that he was attempting to do something. It would be better to just have used "said" here. It is the one word that it really is okay to repeat lots of times, because it's quite invisible to the reader.

I know I've been nitpicky here, but that's because overall I quite enjoyed this fic. _
Silver Shoelaces chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Hahaha...I like the ending to this one. Nice fic.
Valiowk chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
Oh, that was wonderful! I loved the twist at the end, and it was just so typical of the Sphere to leave Albert in trouble once again! :)

Poor Albert, he has only two options: to appear as a square or as a line segment. The first option would just bring him back to jail, but the second doesn't seem much better. ;)
d chapter 1 . 7/16/2004
Flatland fics! I guess there really is hope for this world after all ;)

I think yours fits in nicely with the Flat-verse. Well written, bravo! I love what the title turned out to mean. What better disguise could there possibly be?

PS: Have your read Flatterland? There is a hint there at the end that what A. Square discovers at the end of your story is the essence of Flatland feminity.
personq chapter 1 . 5/20/2004
i just read flatland, and i have to say that yours is much better than the real thing! i was actually able to read it without a dictionary next to me. cute ending!
Lord-of-Salt chapter 1 . 12/25/2003
Very amusing.
Nebula chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
Wow, I'm amazed! I had no idea anyone wrote Flatfic-it's been a while since I've visited . I enjoyed the clear, coherent language and the wonderfully ironic twist at the end. Good job!