Reviews for One Good Turn Deserves Another
B1ackAshes chapter 37 . 6h
As expected, another exceptional fic from you, Coeur. When I first started reading this story, I didn't know what to expect and thought it'd at least loosely stick to canon. The first few chapters had clunky writing, the characterization for some characters felt off, but the potential was still good enough to keep me reading - and it certainly paid off with how quickly and considerably your writing improved. I'm quite pleased to see that you (and the readers who voted for it) chose to stick with an original plot line rather than one that follows canon. While I was initially a bit on the fence about the original plot, I quickly became enthralled by it. I held my breath in suspense, binged myself almost non-stop on the chapters, and even felt my emotions be wrenched with some scenes (My first impressions of Nicholas Arc were not the best in the beginning, but by the end, I was crushed to see him go). With having just concluded the final chapter, I feel rather satisfied with (as well as inspired by) this fic. If I were to say what my favorite parts would be, I would say that it was Jaune and Blake's gradually building romance, the steady improvements to the story with time, the original plot line (loved it), and how you handled Nicholas Arc as well as Qrow Branwen. Undoubtedly, this story is going into my favorites. Though it may have had a bit of a rough start, you polished it into something that I believe everyone should give a chance.
Raging Thunder chapter 37 . 12/11
I have always enjoyed your writing, and this being your first fic actually gives me inspiration to write my own. Continue being awesome my man! :)
ThanksForTheRead chapter 37 . 12/8
Another absolutely enthralling story, one that conveyed the feelings and emotions of the characters very well, especially the new and improved version of Jaune. The storytelling of the terrible scenes throughout all of Magnis constantly had me expecting almost any member of JNPR or RWBY to perish suddenly, unable to survive the power of their author's wishes and his all round incredible writing skill. However reader's hearts were mended and minds calmed in the final, beautifully sweet ending and resolution, mine included of course. By the end of the story, I must say that your wish to make your characters feel much more realistic provided the situations they were placed in, was most DEFINITELY a great success, and that I am yet another reader who has found much joy in reading your work.
Great work Coeur, and I continue to look towards your other stories.
I should probably go outside chapter 37 . 12/3
Just finished reading this after catching up wirh the second most recent chapter of forged destiny (which I read all the way though although this time in just over a week.) You know while I was reading through forged Destiny I saw some people talking about your work in the RWBY Facebook group, I wasn't exactly sure who you were but I figured that if a people were talking about you and several of your stories then you must have been at least slightly well known. That made me check to find out the author behind forged destiny and I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised to find it was you all along muhahah. As much as I've enjoyed Fanfictions before on this site I've never really became a fan of a writer because of it, you my friend have changed all that.
Thank you for providing me an escape from the boring, daily slog into a franchise so very close to my heart, I'll be reading more of your amazing work very soon. But for now I need to get some sleep as I start work in like 4 hours and I really don't want to be falling asleep when I get home and then waking up when o should be sleeping(This has kinda become a common occurrence since I started reading your work so thanks for that XD)

1 avid fan
Ventusblade chapter 2 . 11/28
It's interesting to see what your writing style was like 4 years ago; much less refined than it is in your more recent stories. I look forward to seeing how this story progresses.
Atlas Ex Machina, while amazing, is still an Ex Machina.
Tyracus chapter 37 . 11/1
Well having read this story in full probably 3-4 times at this point figured I'd come back and actually post a review of it.

Jaune/Blake really isn't something that you see that often (personally I tend more towards bumblebee/sunny bees) but this story really made it work. I appreciate how difficult it is to keep up a solid writing pace and to write in the headspace of another person's character but you kept things believable and wrote a very well paced and executed story.

This was the initial springboard that got me into your other works and while there are obviously some that I prefer over others (The Entertainer and NTTF vs. Forged Destiny or White Sheep) you have maintained a quality and pace in your writing that goes well beyond that of other authors I read. I want to thank you for the considerable effort involved and look forward to what other stories are set to come in the future, particularly your take on Arkos (my personal favorite ship despite being sunk in a FANTASTIC fashion in cannon).
beast5200 chapter 1 . 10/23
So I tried to PM you but it is being flagged as spam for some odd reason so I'll try to cheat and post it here.

I just got done reading your story One Good Turn Deserves Another. And while I left a review it did not quite convey what I wanted to say. I wanted to thank you for writing it. It was beautiful. The action was tense, the relationships were authentic, and the whole thing had this quality to it. I can't quite describe it, but that story had life in it. The characters felt like people. Actual real life people. And you did amazing with explaining your reasoning's in story as well as in your author notes. I never had a complaint with how things went. It was truly an enjoyable experience that I feel blessed to have witnessed.

I know that it seems as if I'm coming on a bit strong and heavy here, but I mean every letter.

While I'm here I'll go ahead and mention that I love White Sheep as well. It is a fantastic mix of comedy and plot. Also it is truly magical how you mastered comedic timing in written format. If I hadn't read it in your story I would have believed it Impossible.

Anyhow You are amazing and I loved to have discovered you. College Fool seems pretty cool too even though all I've read of his is A Talk Worth Having.

I should also mention that Service With a Smile is something that I am now looking forward to every other week. Haven't started most of your other stories but I'm working on it.

Your stories have reignited my own creative spark. And for that I will forever be grateful. I have an Idea for a story I'm writing. But I need help with organizing my plan for how I want it to go. I have two short chapters done, a section of a timeline that I want for book 2, Book 3 I have completely thought out. the start point for book 4, and like half of a prologue. The main base line idea just kinda clicked. I have an entire mythos for my version of Remnant. But that's it. I need ideas to help fill the empty space. And maybe an example of a fully written out plan from one of your stories you finished if you have one lying around.

I understand that buttering you up just to beg for free advice is quite underhanded of me. I'm sorry. And if you don't reply or if your too busy I will totally understand. I still mean every word of praise I will ever say of you. The way you stick to a schedule and you constantly pump out great stories is awe inspiring.

TL;DR You are the best. And I love you and your works of fanfiction.
Thank you for being you.
beast5200 chapter 37 . 10/23
Honestly im a little drained. Emotionally. Thus this will be short.

I loved this story so much.
Thank you so very much for creating tbis masterpiece.
Thanks.
beast5200 chapter 15 . 10/22
I just want to start this off as saying I love this story so far. Also I agree with your rant at the end. Though I do have one OC. The only reason she is OP is because Bloodborne. The video game. I'm working on a series that is a crossover between Bloodborne and RWBY. So her semblance has to do with blood and once fully trained (survived the entire storyline of Bloodborne) comes of as extremely powerful. Being able to pierce aura easily and regenerate quickly. But it had to be that way to make sense with Bloodborne mechanics. I can't wait till I get the story off the ground and show her becoming that instead of just poof your a god.

Honestly I'm stuck because I started with the main character as a child. And I don't really want to just skim over several years. I want the childhood arc to be a whole books worth. That way I will have enough data for people to see exactly how my characters developed to be different from their show counterparts.

The problem is that I have no bloody ideas for a children's slice of life story. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

And that was a smooth way to beg for help. Kinda got carried away honestly. But anyway.

I love this story its so good. All of your stories that ive read so far are so good. I love how you portray Jaune. And every time it is a little different but he always seems like and honest, REAL person. Its amazing and I hope I can one day get even close to that level of subtle characterization.

Anyways love the stories and you.
Abyss154 chapter 37 . 10/20
Wonderful story. Everything just feels so real, the romance, the characters, the horror. I applaud you for doing what other authors are afraid to do, emotions are messy and visceral, and you absolutely nailed that aspect; broken hearts don't heal in a day. I'm hoping to see more even more of this pairing from you, it's not so uncommon as it once was but this is the first story I've read where it hasn't felt forced. Can't wait for your next dark/heavy story!
Ic3pup543 chapter 37 . 10/17
And so the world keeps on turning... But I'm sure you've had quite enough puns from that, so moving on! I love this story, and I never wanted it to really end, but I'm glad it's here, and I'm glad you took it to as far as it has. I can't really say it will ever end for me, but hey. It was a ride, I'll say; you never really relied on shock value, or plot twists to give the appropriate mood. The characters were never these crazy people who just did whatever, and actions have consequences, all over the place. People cried, people died, people fell down and kept getting back up again because not one of the damn fools knows how to say quit. You definitely achieved your more realistic romance. Nobody fell fast. It took forever, days and weeks and close to months, of anger, of frustration, of crushing guilt and high-flying hope, the good, bad, and stupid all together, and in the end when all other explanations failed, what else could be left but love. It isn't perfect. They'll still wake up screaming, they still sometimes lose their shit for no reason, they have blackmail material nobody will ever live down, but they have each other and that's what counts. They all have each other, and though they may never wash the tears and the years away, they survived. They thrived. They lived, they loved, and they will never die, not so long as someone remembers them, remembers they were more than a lie.
Ic3pup543 chapter 36 . 10/17
Bruised, broken, beaten, bloodied, breathing. Still breathing, and as long as that holds true, maybe there'll be a chance for them yet. Thank you for taking the time to write this.
Ic3pup543 chapter 35 . 10/17
So much pain, so much death, and there will be more yet, but there isn't a force in the world that could make them any happier than they will be. Somehow I feel like Blake is going to be regretting that comment to Yang, too.
Ic3pup543 chapter 34 . 10/17
Great minds think alike, eh Jaune? Gotta love being suspended hundreds of feet in the air, only still hanging on by a great bigass magnet and a sword. Fun times. Though, it seems Atlas has forgotten no one, they were just a little slow.
2,216 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »