Reviews for With or Without You
CSC20 chapter 8 . 9/8/2019
i just finished reading this series for the 2nd time. i don’t have enough words to describe how talented i think you are. your writing makes me feel genuine emotions, you capture the characters so well- this series shows their love in such a beautiful yet painful way. amazing, i hope you look back on these comments every once in a while and see just how much of an impact your writing has.
polara2004 chapter 8 . 7/2/2019
My first thought after finishing this whole series is that ‘I fucking hate you’ because your stories tugged at my heartstrings so well. But goddamn that was great.
Flojo chapter 8 . 6/6/2019
I’m new to fan fiction and love your writing. This is one of my favorite stories, along with “dog days are over”. I feel like you capture these characters perfectly. Thanks for writing!
whiteshadowchains chapter 8 . 4/22/2019
Wow.
...

I don't even know where to begin. This WHOLE series was absolutely outstanding. I've never read something like this in my life. Wow.
I feel like I want to write sooooo much about what I thought...

Damn...

I'll begin with your writing. Marvelous. I can honestly say that to me was flawless. There was so so so much angst in these stories and yet... you didn't describe anything with the same words or word order. I mean, how is that even possible. You dragged me SO deep in the story, I can verily say that it even altered my mood during the days I was reading it. This poetic prose is beyond my understanding. I just wish I was able to write at least with a fourth of your quality. Wow. The adjectives, the verbs, the metaphors. What is most incredible is the fact that the majority of your story is narrative, not dialogue. Yet it NEVER got boring. Not once. Evey word was absolutely necessary. Not to many, not to few. The transisions between scenes were so perfect. Sometimes you'd leave me wanting you to prolong the scene even longer.

About the plot in general I have to say that I prefer your version FAR MORE than the actual story. The ending of this one was beyond perfect. You gave everyone the opportunity to guess what would happen, and with a hint that whatever ended happening was going to be good.

Here's something.

While reading, I too began longing for things to be like they were before. I began missing those actual school times that you described. Your flashbacks were SO on point, I even managed to envy their life back then.

But further on in the story (after reading the other ones, and especially this last one) I got a bit frustrated with them. Which I think is GREAT because you managed to portray them both as the canon. Their personalities, their characters, their perceptions...

And there was a point in the story were I just wanted them to stop. I remember thinking that you should just let them both go separate ways, they were so toxic to each other at some points. I felt bad for Alex, I felt bad for Piper... But you found I way to finish the story, and I'm deeply satisfied with the resolution.

Just THANK YOU for taking from your time and write these amazing stories. I just wish someone could portray this stories of yours into TV. That would be amazing.

PD. I ended up searching for many of the songs you referenced in the stories. Got me hooked up with The Cure. ;)
Jamla chapter 8 . 11/15/2018
This was so good! Thanks for a great read!
Laylor chapter 8 . 11/14/2018
well i have finished now and still drying my tears, such great insight into the characters of vauseman and families, I am sure you will have a stellar writing career, thanks for stirring up so many emotions it was a great read. off to read all your other stories.
Laylor chapter 3 . 11/14/2018
what an amazing chapter, I am crying thinking about my own mothers death, you are a wonderful writer.
verdi624 chapter 8 . 9/10/2018
Love, love, love the YB series. These versions of Alex and Piper are so awesome and the stories are beautifully crafted. Sad it's over, but, what a ride it's been!
sbelse chapter 8 . 8/23/2018
**spoiler alertDamn, I am literally crying right now. it's been a while since I got so invested in some fictional characters. the last chapter had an insane level of angst and toward the end I was convinced you were going to break them up. I was preparing myself for the heartbreak, but when I read the last scene I was so fucking happy and relieved. it was a perfect ending for them. absolutely fucking perfect. wtf is wrong with me, crying over a story? I guess you're that good at conveying characters' emotions. the YB series is probably the best I've ever read. I hope you'll go back to writing and maybe complete "dog days are over" or start a new fic entirely. I recall you saying you are a professional writer. I would love to read your other work. hell, I'd pay for it. I know that probably won't happen for the sake of keeping your anonymity but still, I want you to know that I think you are an awesome writer. thank you for this lovely escape.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/9/2018
So all your writing is so good and beautiful and with or without you just came on the radio and like my heart. "I can't live with or without you" literally sums this up so well and you are such a genius, please never stop writing
guest chapter 1 . 4/26/2018
no matter how many times I have read this story previously, once I start to read the first few lines I am drawn to it again and can't let go! It is simply fascinating and a pure enjoyment!
kate7754 chapter 8 . 4/5/2018
Read all of the stories in this series! So good! Thank you! You're a great writer, Keep it up!
Guest chapter 7 . 1/5/2018
Just reread this entire fic verse and wow. I missed it. This one was particularly depressing but so so good. I love your work. Thanks you for it.
Guest chapter 8 . 5/31/2017
i literally am crying these are the best and most angsty fics ever written. you're amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/16/2017
I love how your wrote this chapter and I love the parts where they are so happy travelling around together! Would love to see a cute like one shot of them just bein happy and travelling