Reviews for After the War: The Extremists
Animorphgirl chapter 39 . 7/16
Solid conclusion and nice tie in to the beginning. Looking forward to the future adventures of Jen and Yemra. And, perhaps, Tarash and Yibey?
Animorphgirl chapter 38 . 6/13
Nice to see more direct interaction between Jen and Yemra in this chapter! I wonder when she will find out more about her Yeerk’s history. Also, I don’t recall if you mentioned this previously, but did Yemra ever do a full search of Jen’s memory? What about when she feeds? Jen strikes me as someone who wants as much privacy as possible, but this may have changed after being infested for over a decade.
Animorphgirl chapter 37 . 4/5
Very enjoyable chapter! Like the part about Crash and Yippee—very funny. Also, Emily resembling a librarian or teacher heading into the apocalypse—well, I suppose you could argue that there are some parallels in those professions. One thing to keep an eye on is more dialogue between Jen and Yemra. They didn’t speak once in this chapter!
Animorphgirl chapter 36 . 1/13
Glad to see Tarash, Emily, and Yibey again. I have to say, though, I don't completely understand why a history of substance abuse would be a problem with regards to infestation. Unless they think that would infringe on free will, making it not fully voluntary? At least people like Amanda can be helped with the new revisions to infestation. And Tarash and Emily visited Europe? Wonder how that went? Looking forward to the next chapter!
Animorphgirl chapter 35 . 12/17/2018
Aww, finally a chapter with a hopeful ending! Loved the interaction between Jen and Yemra, too. I know that Yems is Jen’s preferred nickname, but has she ever used “Yemmy”? I imagine that her Yeerk would find that very embarrassing—which is all the more reason to do it. Also, given the existence of the empire, is it likely that there is still an undercover army? Or, are the humans and Andalites just pretending that everything is fine? Great chapter!
Animorphgirl chapter 34 . 11/15/2018
Powerful chapter, and especially excellent ending!
Jacebralor chapter 34 . 11/15/2018
felt every bit of the emotional impact there at the end. well done
Animorphgirl chapter 33 . 11/4/2018
Very powerful chapter. Jen's reactions were pretty realistic. So were Yemra's. I also "liked" (appreciated?) the part about how involuntary Controllers thought about being powerless. But I could understand her desire to avenge Amanda's death. Can't wait to see where this goes next!
Animorphgirl chapter 32 . 10/25/2018
Nooo! What a horrible way for Amanda to die! At least she was happy, but still! Can’t you make her receive help and just look dead?
Animorphgirl chapter 31 . 10/7/2018
Another great chapter. Great nickname for Yemra-Yemsy. No wonder she objected! Looking forward to seeing what happens now that Amanda's officially on the side of the Peace Movement.
Animorphgirl chapter 30 . 8/3/2018
Great chapter! So, Mallory died and tried to save Yemra from the same fate? So sad!
Animorphgirl chapter 29 . 7/18/2018
It probably wasn’t smart of Yemra to say the new limit was about 30 days—as we learned in a previous chapter, she still has to feed, and telling them the amount of time she has...better to withhold that! Tsk tsk. Random nitpick: is Jen old enough to remember what a dial up modem sounds like? I suppose she could have watched a video on YouTube! A great chapter overall, and looking forward to the next one!
Animorphgirl chapter 28 . 7/5/2018
Another solid chapter! I enjoyed hearing about Amanda’s backstory. I hope that Tarash didn’t have anything to do with Amanda not being able to get a Yeerk. I guess it’s a good thing that Yeerks are responsible enough to reject any potential dangerous hosts, but you would think they might have a transition plan. Something to think about!
Animorphgirl chapter 27 . 6/19/2018
Another powerful chapter! Nice to finally hear Amanda’s backstory. Any chance that Tarash and Emily will make an appearance?
godfreyraphael chapter 27 . 6/18/2018
And just like that, I reach the 100,000-word milestone! Who would have thought that this was my first story to break that mark? I know I didn't! I can only hope that this is the start of something special.