Reviews for Into the Light
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 2 . 2/19/2016
That is just so sweet!
After all, the sun always rises.
It's so cute!
:D
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 1 . 2/19/2016
Awww!
That's really sweet that Fili wants to do that for his mother, a woman who has lost almost everything.
WillowDryad chapter 2 . 1/17/2016
Oh, very sweet. I'm glad they have their mum to look after them. They need her. Nicely done. :D
WillowDryad chapter 1 . 1/17/2016
Oh, this is a lovely idea. I hope they can restore Dis' room! :D
Meysun chapter 2 . 6/21/2015
Oooooooooh I liked that story!
It's so much better to have a canopy with warmth and sun than memory indeed - you are such a sensitive writer, it's just amazing how each and every character is always fully taking the measure of past losses, and still grows with them and manages to reach a lighter road... Such a positive story...
I loved your distinction between 'King of the Mountain' and 'King under the Mountain'. What I love with Dwarves is that they are so aware of the rough powers of Nature - I imagine them to actually revel in them, taking in their dangers and always grateful for their shelter... I just love how you showed again the different craftmanships displayed here.
Loved how Balin changed from protocolar welcoming Dwarf to loving cousin! Spot on, hihi!
It was moving to see Dwalin cry quietly while Dis hugs her sons. He has given this family so much, and still he's always standing alone there on the side... It makes me sad - I know Dis will probably spend much time with him and talk to him and show him her gratitude, but somehow... well we already discussed it, but he's always there and never asking anything in return, and that's why I think he's actually one of my favourite characters of yours.
Of course Nori will be even more deadly without his eyes - his hearing probably sharpened :)!
To conclude : that little part about holding the canopy together... it was my absolute favourite. Such a wondeful symbol. Such a wonderful story, once more :).
Meysun chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
Hello you! I'm off my nightwatch - and suddenly realized that I craved to read 'Into the Light' and had still not done so :)! So here I am... and you will get two reviews to flood your stories!
It is so good to come back to that universe - I really really love 'Through the Darkness' and to be able to read what happens afterwards... it makes me so happy :)!
I really love your descriptions of Erebor. They sound so realistic, it's like wandering down there. I loved the scene next to the tombs, all these names, and that epitaph... Memory of past losses, past mistakes and lives that have been given for something that seems completely natural nowadays, it's still so important...
Loved that Kili is not taking it so lightly after all... It is hard for him - and it was insightful to make him shout at Fili for burdening him with his own miserable feelings about a situation that is mostly Kili's suffering after all... It is lovely to see that they both completely integrated Dis' education: that in the end you could live anywhere, as long as those you love are around you (I can very much rely to that feeling right now as a matter of fact...).
Oh I just love Dwalin so, so much - and I really loved to read your descriptions about Dis' room. I have many images of Erebor before the sacking in my head, and I so enjoyed imagining her room as it was before... and as it is now, with dust and crumbled stone. So sad - but if I have to make a guess, I'm sure that canopy will be there in the end.
What an interesting story - I mean, I'm so used to what happens in "No Sacrifice" that I still cannot believe I'll not have to witness Dis mourning for her sons...
And off to the next chapter I go...
TMI Fairy chapter 2 . 3/28/2015
re chapter One:
Dwalin roping in willing invalids was sweet. And I loved the understatement about the missing central column.
Still, isn't Fili rummaging about mum's room a bit suicidal?
Chapter Two:
Nice. Although I wonder why Dain is so shy around girls? He's a married dwarf, with children!
Borys
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
The plumbing made me think about Dale's water supply.
Does the River Running flow out of the mountain already with dwarrow shit in it?
A view,
without a review,
is a seed,
which bore no fruit.
Borys
Lakota1172 chapter 2 . 1/10/2015
Now that, that was a touching story.
So much Durin family love! Made me want to cry... Alright I did cry...
Celebrisilweth chapter 2 . 11/17/2014
Good that Dis has arrived and to newly renovated quarters thanks to the battle-scarred 'misfits'.
Dwarven Lass chapter 2 . 11/16/2014
Another great chapter. That's something I'd love to see, the Durin boys and their mother curled up by the fire telling her the story of their adventure.
Marigold Faucet chapter 2 . 11/16/2014
Wonderful. It might just be the hormones, but I'm just a tad teary eyed.

And Eydis, when you said you were going to mention her I didn't think you meant this fic, but it's wonderful to see her name.

Gosh this is just fantastic. I'm going to flail about the place and mumble incoherently about how much I love this.
Dwarven Lass chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Great intro chapter! Looking forward to seeing Dis' reunion with her sons.
Celebrisilweth chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
Poor Fili, so serious & always taking everything to heart. Guess he's learning what Thorin meant by "one day you will be king and you will understand".
Eryndil chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
So sad to see Fili dragged down by regrets about the past. I hope that he can learn to let them go and look to the future. It will be interesting to see what happens next.