Reviews for Invaluable
dancesabove chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
I had somehow forgotten how achingly lovely this story is... one does long to see it continued, because you so deftly and lovingly describe their perhaps-counterintuitive perfect fit.
mohairmk chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Although not a Foyle sr./Sam shipper, I recognize the situation is, pardon the pun, "pregnant" with possibilities!
This is a nice extension of a favorite episode. The wonderfully descriptive wording, and closely followed characterizations makes it easily visualized in the readers mind.
The intimate scenes were exciting to read, and Foyle's initial "quietness" was so true to form. It was very believable to see him gradually let go of the past, and grasp the future...totally releasing himself not just physically in the bed, but emotionally with his total being in this relationship.
Also enjoyable was Foyle's "instruction" of Sam in the ways of the bedroom.
Well done.
Wolseley37 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
This is so beautiful. It makes sense that Christopher would be subdued and a little melancholy, a little doubtful, at making this transition into intimacy with Sam so soon after her illness, as it evokes his tragic final days with Rosalind. Lovely how Sam brings him round and gains his trust, and inspires a little poetry. A perfect selection, as is to be expected from the extraordinary GiuC.
BD chapter 1 . 11/20/2014
Read the draft several times and I'm delighted to read the final version as well. Just loved the rundown in his mind during the "crowded seconds" and how she "drives him to distraction." Your Foyle is so sweet and so vulnerable, you just want to scoop him up and take care of him. So glad he's got his sunny Sam to pull him out of "ritual" of personal depression since he lost his Rosalind. In short, this rings so true I can see the tears brimming in his eyes as he worries that Sam isn't going to stay. All of your stories are a delight to read, but this one is particularly touching. And he quotes Shakespeare too? Sigh. He is truly perfect!
sodacityscribbler chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Always read your work at least twice- The first time it's devoured by this reader, the second it's savored. Marvelous!
sherlock1921 chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Just when I think that you can't top the things you have written before you come up with another beautifully crafted piece. Your use of language and your insight into the characters is second to none. So many wonderful moments in this that will have to be re-read again and again to appreciate the real depth and intensity of this wonderful tale.

wheelygirl chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
This is just perfection, you understand Foyle and Sam so well that you could almost be living their lives with them. Your writing is never less than exceptional but this has to be your best yet. Yes, I'm a fan...
MKsBeautiful chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
Oh how I loved this! This story will definately be read a lot by me. It just had all the right components imo. Just spot on with the characters too.
Loved these amongst others "When she wakes, Mr Foyle is standing over her in shirtsleeves." "Sir is aroused." "Now, with the experience of intimacy behind her, she recognises it as lazy lust."
So happy you're a Foyle/Sam shipper, so we get such delight. Thank you!
Jewell chapter 1 . 11/14/2014
This is just terrific.

Thank you for the lovely present. Alas, I have to now go off to work. Should have waited and read this tonight, or tomorrow - Saturday, but who could resist?

I love this story. It's perfect.

J
OxfordKivrin chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
I especially like the surprise drive home, and Sam singing to her mother to prove her health. Lovely story.
Jean Dee chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
That was a beautiful story - you have such an understanding of human nature and the knack of being able to put your observations into words. It's such entertaining reading and I get quite lost in it. If only you could get your writings read by a wider audience you could write best-sellers. Looking forward to your next offering.
Bookworm Kate chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
A sweet story! I do like Christopher's bedside manner. Laughed out loud at the "Sir is aroused" bit. The reflection here is nice too; the sadness as well as new found happiness. They seem to go hand in hand, don't they? Thanks for sharing.
Rosalindfan chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
You know I'm not a Sam/Foyle fan, but this is so well written, so tender, I think I may be converted.
Guest Mom chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
No matter what your story is about; Sam & Christopher are so real and always so emotionally attached, I feel intrusive. Lovely story about two lovely people and I thank you….convinced you must be a published author with a true gift for getting that binding, sweet love beautifully expressed. As usual, thanks and more please…..
JacquiT chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
So very lovely, Guilietta! You always manage to capture Sam and particularly Mr. Foyle just right.

I always love your author's notes, by the way - I usually come away having learned something, which renders the reading of fanfic less a distraction and more an educational experience ;)

Thanks for writing and sharing with us!