Reviews for Never Again
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 4h
Ack! I hope Sev can bring Tobias back, whether with spells or Muggle CPR.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 6h
I'm glad that everything is working out so well now. No doubt everything that Sev had to go through is all better, without any therapy or anything silly like that. After all, those long years of abuse left no scars at all, and Snape will never be bothered by those memories again.

Right?
BlueMoon007 chapter 20 . 6/17
Sev is really gonna have his hands full. Nice story,
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 6/16
Ok, so now Tobias is sorry and asking forgiveness. Whee. But Severus was traumatized for a long, long time (but of course his son is supposed to comfort *him*).

Will there be any amends that Tobias makes? Or will he be upset any time that Severus still feels upset by the way he was treated?
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 6/15
Ah, what a different Lily we see here, compared to canon...she loved James even as he was torturing Snape in canon, alas. Same with Moony and Padfoot, they seem much nicer in your story.

It's sad that Tobias is only interested in mending fences because of Harry, and not for Sev's sake.

Yeah, just one mistake! Gee, darn. How about all the time he hit Sev, were those mistakes too? Tobias needs to man the bleep up about what he was like to Sev, but it's clear that he doesn't really want to, and that he's only going along for...Harry. Sev is still not important to him. Tobias is only saying he regrets what he did for Sev for...Harry.

But Sev will end up caving, for...Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 6/11
Mmm...it's nice that Tobias is writing to Harry and all that, but shouldn't he be writing to his son? It still seems that Tobias only wants to make nice for Harry's sake, not for Sev's.

Neat circus, though.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 6/9
Yes, punishment is over, and the hugs and kisses seal it. Poor Harry, being a kid is so hard!
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 6/6
Oops. Harry is in *big* trouble. He would have been better off drawing on the walls rather than mess with potions stuff (so glad the dangerous and poisonous stuff is locked up).
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 5/31
I noticed that Tobias wants to change because of Harry-when it was just Severus, eh. Be nice if someone put Severus first, but we all know that's never going to happen. And it's all Sev's fault for being so unforgiving, I know.

And of course Albus is so ready to forgive anyone who beats on Snape, I've noticed.

My goodness, both Padfood and Mooney must have been a lot different with Snape than they were in canon, since they seem so chummy.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 5/25
It's easier for Harry to forgive Tobias. He's only been smacked around once, instead of for over a decade, maybe two. Severus has very good reason not to trust Tobias.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/21
The more people push Sev to reconcile with Tobias, the more he's going to push back-remember, he was pushed to reconcile with people who were perfectly ok with killing him and walked because the Headmaster let them go. All that injustice likely rankles with him, and the more Albus pushes *anything* the more that Snape will hold fast, considering Albus' role in how he suffered at Hogwarts.

And now Harry finally got a taste of what his father had to face for most of his own childhood. The fact that Tobias yelled at Severus instead of Harry kind of tells you that Tobias still feels that way about Sev, and that Sev is probably right to back waaay off.

Notice that nobody paid attention to Sev's will the first time around. I suspect he'll make sure they listen the next one. At least I hope they listen.

Yes, it's sad that Tobias cried. But of course Sev is supposed to forgive everyone who hurts him, and this time, Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 5/21
I love how Albus always wants Snape to forgive the people who abuse him (probably figures if he trains Snape right, Snape might forgive him, too). Notice how he forced Snape and Sirius Black to shake hands, even though Sirius never regretted trying to murder Snape. I'm surprised he doesn't try to force the same kind of reconciliation here. The only reason he's keeping his opinions to himself is that Tobias really taking the blame (nobody else ever did, they always blamed Snape for not liking people who tried to kill him).

I bet Severus is a little bit jealous of Harry, who gets to see a side of Tobias Severus never did.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 5/16
But of course Tobias will want his son to instantly forgive him and everyone will be upset when Severus doesn't. I've seen this story before.

And Dumbledore is the same guy who left Harry with the Dursleys, so why would anyone trust him? Sadly, everyone still does, everyone but Severus.

So Severus will end up looking like the bad guy, again.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 5/10
Nice that Albus is worried about Harry with Tobias. But it didn't matter for Severus what happened to *him* when he was a child, or even when he was a student at Hogwarts. I'm glad that Harry is having an easier ride of it, and that people are actually worried about him and his welfare.

What a pity that neither Albus or Tobias gave a damn about Severus. After all, someone (cough Albus cough cough) could have told Tobias how accomplished Severus was decades ago, and somehow never found time in his busy schedule.

It'll be interesting to see if Harry's attempt at magic had an effect.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 5/9
Yes, Tobias is beginning to learn a few things about children (too bad he couldn't learn them for Severus). Harry is just being a kid...