Reviews for Power Rangers Cyber Drive
Truman B chapter 17 . 4/19/2016
Really Great! Love this story so much!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 17 . 2/5/2016
Writing style needs some work, but the overall concept is certainly intriguing; nice job.
When writing about original Rangers, I always feel that the main problem in fanfic is that it’s harder for us to get invested in teams we can’t really ‘see’ in our minds; doing a Dino Thunder and giving them a ‘classic’ Ranger as a mentor neatly deals with that issue, and making it Conner just makes it more appropriate as Tommy’s former protégé takes up his own mentor’s mantle.
With an existing character to feel invested in, it’s somehow apt that Conner makes his choices based on intuition when selecting his Ranger team, while the Viralites and their masters raise some interesting questions about what kind of threat the new team are up against and the reasons for them apparently abducting the past Rangers. While Drake’s apparent lack of interest in teamwork could have been drawn out more than it was, the idea of Amy having been saved by Conner when she was a child was a nice touch, and you generally provide some interesting bonding moments for the new team as the existing friends try to ‘incorporate’ Drake into their dynamic.
Your addition of Cyber Fire made for an intimidating new Sixth Ranger while giving us a few other twists on the traditional formula, as a villain defects by choice rather than being released from any kind of external control; she might not be a pure Viralite but it’s not like she broke any conditioning that we saw. While your zords could be used in greater depth on some occasions- if nothing else, without budget issues it might be good to see some of the Rangers use the zords on their own rather than automatically combining into a Megazord- the general idea of their design seems to work, and the mystery raised by such twists as Destro’s true agenda more than make up for that.
Admittedly, I feel there are a few questions about the Viralites that still need to be answered- namely, where are they from and why do they need the Cyber Gates when they’re able to send monsters and foot soldiers through so easily as it is?- but I’m hoping that the first will be answered eventually and I’m guessing for the second that the Gates would let them dispatch far greater numbers rather than the few foot soldiers they can utilise at the moment?
In the end, my only real problem with the story so far is the ‘Legacy of Power’ chapter; while some of the sections on the ‘modern’ Rangers post-Dino Thunder were just a bit short, I think that including SPD and RPM in that video was a mistake. Considering that they’re in the future/another reality, Conner should therefore have no way of knowing that they even exist (His own memory of the meetings has been erased and the RPM Red Ranger wasn’t in this world long enough to attract much attention from anyone outside the Samurai team), and he definitely shouldn’t be classifying them in that order even if he knew about them.
Granted, I would also like some answers about where the Viralites came from and how they knew to go after the past Rangers before attempting any kind of mass assault on Earth, but I can appreciate that we’ll probably learn more on that score as the story unfolds and the Cyber Drive team reach a point where they feel comfortable trying to be more pro-active and carry out some research rather than just responding to what’s thrown at them.
In any case, keep up the good work!
Any chance Conner and Kira will get their powers back for at least one fight before this story’s over?
Guest chapter 17 . 1/19/2016
Way to go Kris, she's my fav character here. Well done
dguice chapter 16 . 12/6/2015
Great chapter.
Guest chapter 16 . 12/5/2015
Do Kris' part please
TommyOliverMMPRFan chapter 16 . 12/5/2015
Two girl monsters in the last eight chapters? Love the change of pace. Too much macho in the monsters sometimes.

And this Actifed sounds like Deker from the Samurai series. We'll see if he gets his duel...
dguice chapter 15 . 11/17/2015
Great story and excellent chapter.
MaxKnight1010101 chapter 15 . 11/11/2015
Huh, all my questions answered in chapter. That's cool.

Now, everyone should be suspicious of Destro and who he truly represents, and where his loyalties really are. Oh, and I was suddenly reminded... isn't Actifed still out there somewhere? Seems like he has been forgotten by both Alcon and the Rangers... I wonder what part he plays in all of this...

Great chapter, and the longer chapters are great.
TommyOliverMMPRFan chapter 14 . 11/2/2015
Of course. Typical Tommy, getting captured while trying to protect the Crane.

Can't wait for Alcon to destroy his lab or whatever.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/2/2015
Finally, Trey was freed. Can't wait to see Alcon's reaction.
BC2016 chapter 14 . 11/1/2015
I hope they make this part of the actual series this is great!
MaxKnight1010101 chapter 14 . 11/1/2015
Nice! This is all very retro in how you fit in bringing in Trey as the sixth ranger. Conner really had a tough time when all this started, huh? Well, at least his support structure is getting better!

Speaking of support structure, we know that all the rangers that actively served were captured, but did that include certain support staff? Like the other Pai Shua masters, the Lightspeed support from Aqua Base, and possibly the off-world rangers like Lost Galaxy and perhaps the Space Rangers? (if any of these were mentioned as being unavailable or captured earlier, please excuse me on this, as it's been awhile since I've read the whole thing)

Anyways, this story is pretty high in my list for ones to watch for. Then again I will always prefer a story with a strong Conner and a relationship between him and Kira. Thank you for another great chapter.
Guest chapter 13 . 10/7/2015
Aww, Drake couldn't resist Kris's eyes
Cute
ConfidentialAuthor chapter 13 . 10/7/2015
If I didn't already say this before, 1. Gem and Caldef :)
2. Gem could be Gemma
3. Gem and Calder :)
TommyOliverMMPRFan chapter 13 . 10/7/2015
Hopefully good old Dr. O will be next up...
84 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »