Reviews for And Left the Tenderness of Tears
Mariole chapter 15 . 5/14/2004
I hope you realize that this is one of my most favorite stories ever. I started reading it again the other night - you guessed it. Up until 2, with work the next day.
It was so worth it. Thank you!
Naiade chapter 15 . 3/8/2004
A work of extraordinary and flawless beauty! Reading the reviews even brings me to tears, recalling my many readings of this tale (barring the end, which I can't so often bare). Frodo is flesh and blood in this post-quest Shire and I completely believe that Frodo and Tansy could have happened. Wanted to add my heartfelt though belated praise, now that I know about the review feature. THANK YOU Stormyday! May we read more of your work!
RachelStonebreaker chapter 15 . 1/7/2004
I just re-read this story and I'm crying (again). As someone said in an earlier reveiw, this is a fabulous Frodo/OC. There's so much of real life in it!
I laughed about the young ones not believing what granny thought about on her long walks. Ah, yes.
Thanks again for such a great read.
~ Rach
Pheriandil chapter 15 . 10/25/2003
What a passionate story! Yes, it really left the tenderness of tears after I had finished it. You have done such an incredibly splendid job. Thank you so much for letting me participate in your big talent of painting pictures of so great emotional power.
lilybaggins19 chapter 15 . 6/7/2003
Of all the Frodo/OC fanfics I have read, this one by far is the greatest. I'm very emotional and this story just made me ball. The ending para. hit home a bit but I applaud your talents. May you continue to write more.
kete chapter 15 . 3/24/2003
a wonderful believeable story and for me up to now the only OFC that ever worked!
Bianca1 chapter 15 . 3/9/2003
Wow.

This is wonderful. This is probably the only fanfiction that actually made me tear up.

Slightly embarrassing, but very true.

You capture emotion so well.

Amazing.

B. xoxo
Alon chapter 15 . 3/5/2003
Wow. Geez. I don't know what to say. All the normal things seem so trite. I guess the best thing I can say is that your story made me cry. But they were good tears; the kind you cry at a really good film or at the end of a really wonderful book. Thank you so much for writing this and for sharing it.
Elle chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
Oh my God. I was so happy that you updated, now I'm so sad that the story is over! It's now one of my favorite stories on .

Wow. You are one of the best LotR writers I've ever seen. I've read all of your other fics as well. Please say you'll write something... more? I'll be sure to read every word and review.

And I'll be looking forward to it.

Thank you so much for this fiction, Lurea.
ZidaneLover167not signed in chapter 15 . 1/28/2003
*cries* SO SAD THEY DIDNT STAY TOGETHER! *sobs* *cry* *sniffles* that was soo sad...but so good...*hugs Tansy and Frodo* *cry*
Bain Sidhe chapter 15 . 1/28/2003
I have read many books, including many great works of literature, and few have brought me to tears. Yours is the only non-professional work I have ever read, and likely will ever read, that made me cry. What a beatiful and tragic tale. I loved your character of Tansy. You brought her to life with the true skill of an artist. But why couldn't you have at least let her have his child? I hate sad endings, and at least that would have alleviated the woe. But I suppose it had to be that way, didn't it...(whimper)
rebecca chapter 15 . 1/28/2003
*tear* oh that was so beautiful! thank you writing such an honest, sad story. so few people are willing to write stories with sad endings, but I really think they're so much more satisfying that one's that end happily. thanks also for sending me the link to the other version of the story! I loved it!
Oselle chapter 15 . 1/27/2003
I'm so glad you've finally finished posting this so that I can praise it properly without giving anything away!

You already know how I feel about this story-I think it's an absolute masterpiece, for so many reasons.

Your detailed description of life and family relations at Brandy Hall are engrossing, and give the story a depth and realism that make it incredibly captivating. Tansy is an utterly believable, intensely likable character. It is so rare to find an OC, especially a female one, who is so skillfully drawn. Your Frodo is a marvel. The perfect comination of Frodo's true character with post-Quest angst. Not to mention outrageously desirable. My God, who WOULDN'T fall in love with this hobbit?

Their love story is incredibly compelling without a hint of maudlin sentiment. I so wanted them to be together. All of the love scenes were absolutely passionate and perfectly done, without ever being gratuitous or voyeuristic. And their separation at the end was heartbreaking, simply heartbreaking.

The last paragraph is unforgettable.

Like you said, it could have happened. The way you've written it, I feel like it DID happen!

Finally, I haven't said this before, but the inclusion of the poem, and the use of its stanzas for chapter titles was wonderful. I don't know if you just stumbled across that poem, but it's an uncannily perfect complement to this tale. Divine Providence at work!

The time and care you took with this story shows in every sentence. Proof that all good things come to those who will but wait!

What else can I say? It's a masterpiece. Thank you for gifting us with it!
Andarta Wildhearth chapter 15 . 1/26/2003
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. It made my heart scream with pain at how true it could have been. I believe that this could have happened to Frodo. Your descriptions were so close to what I think would have been. You have broken a tiny piece of my heart that will never mend for him. What hurt the most is seeing how much Tansy wanted to help and heal, but knew she could not. I know how she feels...well now I'm just babbling in my own grief and still-falling tears. You are the Queen of Angst. My comfort comes from hoping Tansy and Frodo will be together one day after all other lights have gone out...

Thank you for such a beautiful story...please write more of them...

Andarta Wildhearth
lily chapter 13 . 1/26/2003
I adore it, one of the absolute best fanfics I've ever read. You have a great writing style. I'm glad to see more non-slash frodo fics, there are far too many. Anyway, it's great you have to write more.

~lily