Reviews for Run
RicaResin chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
HI!
I'm very happy!
Okay, that was wierd. Or weird. I'm not sure how to spell that right now.
OH WELL!
Very good, I liked it, it was sweet, blah blah blah.
Why don't you like it?
Maybe I sholdn't ask that.
Your fellow writer,
Identity99
Aggelos chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
When I first read the Artemis Fowl series I found that the bond between Butler and Juliet was quite lovely. When my best friends told me about I thought, "Hopefully someone will play on the brother and sister thing." (Well not really but you get the picture.) Getting to the point, I have to say that this story makes my fave list.

*A two-foot tall Martian pops his head out of a backpack that just happens to be lying the floor nearby. He says, "It isn't that hard to get on her fave list. She writes down a few good story titles, tacks it to her wall, and then throws a dart at it. Which ever title it lands on makes her fave list."*

(I do not do that. In fact, I do not even own darts.)

One more thing, I love your descriptions and how you are honest when you write reviews, without going overboard.
Go Away Not Today Disco Shadun chapter 1 . 1/21/2003
Take a guess any guess?
Skywise chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
I really love this. I have to admit that Butler is probably my favorite character. Although I must admit, on a selfish level I was a little bummed it wasn't Artemis he was rescuing. But that's just because I think my favorite aspect of the books it the friendship between Artemis and Butler. The way Atremis doesn't care what anyone says, but if Butler tells him sometimes, he actually listens. Ahh, I'm digressing. Anyway, very good, very well written. I really like the description. Keep up the good work. On a humorous side note, I am frequently too busy to wade through the stories in this fandom to find decent ones. Your reviews are always right on, so that is something I always look for before I read a fic. Anyway, keep writing. I love your work. And you now have the privilege of having the longest, most rambling review I have ever written.
Miadevil chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
This is absolutely lovely-seeing a story about one of the more ignored characters. Beautiful characterization, you made Butler strong but not hard and he feels without being sentimental. I like how you start with complex sentences and let the writing get simpler towards the action-intentional or not, it makes an impact. Good job!
QueenTigris chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Very good!

I think that's pretty cool that SOMEBODY cares what Butler thinks.

It would be interesting to know about his past and stuff.

Because to know what really goes on in his head, you could understand him a little better. He's a kind of mysterious and quiet type of man.

~Tigris~
Eleida chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
A story about Butler! unique, rare, and impeccably written, as usual. Sorry I haven't been reviewing much lately, my life is hellish... as you can doubtless tell by the poor quality of this review.
Blue Yeti chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Whoopsys! Any time when Juliet was over 3 yrs old, Butler would have been with Artemis. Just take it that the assignment that Mrs Butler pulled her son out of was looking after Arty. Blah! Canonical inconsistancies! Pay no attention to them.

Blue Yeti
Ivycreeper chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
That was beautiful mate. Sometimes the smallest things make the greatest impact. You don't need to bang someone over the head with a thesaurus, or loud explosions, to leave someone really emotionally touched by your work. Another lovely piece.
Stardust Firebolt chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
You're horribly wrong. You should be proud of this. You should be satisfied with this. Hardly anyone here does a characterisation fic that is on par with yours, so you should be proud that you've achieved a more mature level of writing.

I love what you've done with Butler's character. No one really understands what it's like always playing the hero, and you've brought out a very good side of him. It's rarely unexplored, but you've managed to tackle it in a way that just adds more flavour to Butler's character. You've made him so real, so alive that I can actually see it all happening in my head. Which is creepy, because hardly any stories have that effect on me. Your detailed, vivid descriptions have firmly burned themselves into my brain, and even as I write this review, your story keeps on reliving itself in my mind.

It's very freshly original and innovative. For that purpose alone, it's going on my Favourites, so that if I want something good to read, I can always read it again. Good job.
Kel the Nightmare chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Wonderful. You've done what so many people have tried to do and failed. You've given live to Butler, so we not only see him as a servant, but as a person.
Lady Game chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
That was really tragic. Actually in the serious sense, not just the 'Shut Up Liz' sort of sense. It was really sad. I hope it was meant to be otherwise I really didn't get it.

I don't like your endings! I really hate stories that don't have a proper resolution. I know that's the point but I still don't like it...

It was good, better than some that you've done. Had me staring at the screen in horrid fascination. Poor Juliet.

That's all...

~*Lady*~
Kitty Rainbow chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Bah, this is another example of where I could have ben the first to review... Except I'd only just got up and was feeling rather woozy, so I decided to wait a short while. -.-;; Phooie.

Anyway. This has a lot of power. At first I thought it was a scene that's actually in the books, but I guess not.

I think you've really captured Butler's personality here. The piece of his past you made up fits very well, and the end of the fic is just so sweet! I had a tear in my eye.

However, the memory bit needs a little cleaning up, I think. I don't know whether it was just my just-woke-up craziness or what, but I got a bit lost... Some of the grammar is kind of strange, and although the "thoughty"-ness does give this fic something unusual it also makes it harder to read. It might be worth doing a final edit, or something.

-Kitty
pinkgrapefruit chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
*sigh* i think this is an excellent characterization of Butler. wonderfully moving, and it really shows how much he cares for Juliet. you have breathed life into the character by including his family history as well. good job!