Reviews for Dangling Threads
Energy Removed and Alchemized chapter 7 . 1/9/2016
I am very damn surprised that I'm enjoying this. I say it this way because I have a hard time "liking" post-Frozen stories; it's usually Elsa's characterization that makes me constipated. As a friend of mine would put it, many focus on breaking her down in the same manner Frozen already did - to the point where you can't feel where the canon shift in her core took place.

This is not what's happening here; Elsa and the gang are simply getting used to where their positions while also "tying up loose ends," (see what I did there?).

I have to give you kudos on actually "creating" and "building" Arendelle's universe, like naming the streets, explaining Elsa's royal system, explaining Kristoff's "business," and etc. I don't have time for that ish. No, no, and no. The effort is too whew, and I'm a lazy broad. What you've done here shows that you actually care, and I can totally see all these things in canon. I'm taking notes here. You're even going into the lives of characters I find hard to...er, "invest into" when writing them out (Kristoff and co. Elsa is naturally more psychologically interesting to me, so I guess that's why I can't get into most of the main supporting cast members).

Oh, oh, we both used the name "Stoltenberg" for a character! I'm feeling a heart line here! (Plus, it's so hard to find a good Norwegian name that looks good typed out, isn't it? Stoltenberg rolls right off the tongue).

I also commonly stray from post-Frozen fics because I'm so used to what the post-canon continuum (the "Sisterhood is the Strongest Magic" novellas) has already cemented for us in regards how Elsa developed since the film, which is another reason why I'm so shocked that I like this AU take. And yes, she does like fish in it!
PascalDragon chapter 28 . 11/25/2015
What a nice description of the journey of the Queen's party up to the Ice Palace. :)
I hope though that Kristoff won't get any troubles because of Margott :P
And of course Marshmallow is there at the Ice Palace! :D Elsa will for sure calm him down and he'll turn out to be really helpful or so :)

NrDg chapter 28 . 11/23/2015
Enjoyable read as always. I hope Marshmallow recognizes Elsa, left story on a cliffy and I'm still wondering what Elsa has planned.

Good to see Elsa do something for guard Olaf, good experience for him and Elsa gets a bit of gentle payback on the other guards.

Margott and Kristoff, heh. Classic how interest/vetting from other women and status makes men more attractive. Particularly when the other women are the Queen and Princess.

I like how Elsa is treating Sitron as a person. Good show of respect. Maybe she will gain the skill to speak for him as Kristoff does for Sven.
JDPstudios chapter 27 . 11/17/2015
Arendelle as a safe haven for people with magical abilities? What a great idea! I haven't come across any fanfics with that theme before. Looking forward to your next chapter.
Xascul chapter 27 . 11/16/2015
Another great chapter! I'm glad how you're playing up the differences of the royal sister's personalities. I'm really looking forward to seeing Elsa back at her Ice palace along with Kristoff and seeing her really play and unleash some of her magic!
NrDg chapter 27 . 10/18/2015
An enjoyable chapter, good slice of life and points of view of others.

Good description of one difference between introverts and extraverts, Elsa weary after social interactions, Anna energized. Anna trying to fix the introvert by arranging social activities. Elsa is going to need a quiet space to recover from Anna eventually - her ice palace?

The joking and bonding of the guards, and Elsa's understanding is nice to see. Surprised Elsa doesn't recognize and know every one of her guards, new ones included, though. Possible security hole.

Anna with a hangover. Ha.

I expect Kristoff's project to involve somewhat more than just helping fix up the ice palace with the setup you've given so far. I wonder what Dag's reaction will be when Elsa shows up at his place looking for Kristoff.

Elsa's got fans. I expect Karl is not the only young man smitten. Even started shrine.
PascalDragon chapter 27 . 10/18/2015
Oh yeah... I can imagine that Anna's rambling can be quite relaxing, especially when one oneself is zoned out a bit :P
I liked Elsa's thoughts about the soldiers' bonding and even including her. It's some positivity that she really needs and deserves :)
First Jean-Pierre and now Karl Lugdahl... you're adding more and more suitors to the list to confuse us more, right? ;)
And it seems that more and more people with magic recognize Arendelle and its Queen as their last hope... or a new hope?

PascalDragon chapter 26 . 9/12/2015
What?! Me? How do you come to the conclusion that /I/ made you do something? :P
I love the references to Beauty and the Beast as well as Sleeping Beauty. :)
Well, families seem to be an involved matter. ;) So Anna wouldn't be the first to marry locally...
So... Anna seems to have great timing to find Elsa and Jean-Pierre in the middle of... something. :P Did Elsa have the will to experiment only because of the alcohol? After all she isn't that encouraging to others normally ;)
Of course Anna plays her big sister's protector here, having a bit more experience. :)
Nice chess set by the way. :D

PascalDragon chapter 25 . 8/29/2015
Lovely to see the two sisters interacting with other people - even if they are nobles. Nice dress choices of Elsa and Anna though ;)
Em... shouldn't Elsa's and Anna's family name be Agdarsdotter or something along that though? "-sen" after all is the suffix for "son of ...". At least that's why Elsa calls herself Agdarsdotter in my story... (I know that nowadays the -sen is common no matter the gender of the child, but e.g. in Iceland it's still done this way)

Xascul chapter 25 . 8/25/2015
Very nice! I was really looking forward to this chapter from way back! It's nice to see the royal sisters interacting with people of their age group and its kinda funny to see Elsa trying to be 'normal' I'm also a bit intrigued by the new guy with Elsa, and I'm also liking how you blend the high class French and political chat along with normal talk. Please keep going!
Inkfinger2000 chapter 25 . 8/23/2015
Jarlevis? I think I see what you did there! :-)

Another good chapter anyway, and nice to see the girls making new friends.
NrDg chapter 25 . 8/23/2015
Good to see Anna and Elsa have some normal type fun at the party. A bit easier with dropping the formality. Looks like Elsa might have made a new friend. Still suspicious of new people who may want to kill her though.

If I remember history correctly when the change from patronymics to surnames occurred the fathers patronymic was chosen as the new family name. Adgar Yorrilsen would pass Yorrilsen to his wife and daughters as the family name. Of course if Anna was just making stuff up on the fly... In practice their surname would likely become "af Àrnedalr" or just "Àrnedalr" if Arendale became a republic.
NrDg chapter 24 . 8/7/2015
It is good that Elsa has Kristoff, someone she can absolutely trust and who has proven his loyalty. Wonder what the special project is.

I was wondering if the demonstration of Elsa's exact creation of a model of the town when she couldn't have knowledge of all the details indicates she has some form of omniscience the she could tap into somehow. Like build a model of the location of the two escaped agents to identify where they are. Maybe something she wouldn't like to advertise if she can do that. Lots of fun possibilities with her powers as you have described them.
PascalDragon chapter 24 . 8/3/2015
Oh, whatever Elsa might have tasked Kristoff with? :)
Of course people would try to find a prince for Elsa to marry... Hmm... speaking of which: what is Elsa's sexual orientation in your story? Hetero? Homo? Asexual? Not important for the story? :P
Well, I'm looking forward to see Elsa and Anna mingle a bit with people of their age. Though of course I don't know how easy that will be with them being queen and princess respectively... :/

Xascul chapter 24 . 8/2/2015
Very nice! It's a nice change of pace to go from a more serious tone to a more light-hearted party. I'm also liking the fact that Anna is slowly taking on more responsibilities and slowly maturing while still retaining that childish side of her. Anyways, I look forward to the party and the to see how Elsa and Anna integrate with people their age finally.
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »