Reviews for Dangling Threads
Xascul chapter 23 . 7/25/2015
Another great chapter! I am really curious to see what the other countries who are not allied or trading partners with Arendelle think of the new Queen. From an outsiders perspective, one has every right to be scared if they heard that a small country has a sorceress who has the power over ice and snow as their leader. Keep up the good work!
PascalDragon chapter 23 . 7/18/2015
I'm a bit confused. Do you let Wesselton speak Dutch or Deutsch (aka German)? Or a mixture of them both considering that you named it "Deutch"?
Oh, who might that Henrik and his grandfather be? Are they foes or allies? I take it we'll learn it in some future chapters. :)
So the Southern Isles hadn't answered yet? Interesting... and you let Arendelle and them continue to have trade. Of course nowhere in the movie the contrary was said and I think it speaks of Elsa that she doesn't bear a grudge on the Southern Isles in its totality, but merely that one wretched prince.
Oh dear, Anna as the embassador of Elsa. I can already imagine her not wanting to leave Arendelle when she's standing on the dock ;)

GinsengH chapter 22 . 6/23/2015
Really good story. I like how the political decisions of Queen Elsa have brought allies into the mix and not just enemies. It's also really cool to see all the additional magic that is playing a part in the story.

I do find myself hoping that the hints of attraction between Elsa and Kristoff do not go beyond that though.
PascalDragon chapter 22 . 6/14/2015
So at least the evening has been wrapped up now and all that remains is to find out who's responsible. But thankfully Kristoff had brought back the list and maybe the guards found more in the hideout of the assassins. :)
The second scene from Kristoff's PoV is really cute. It absolutely cries Frohana, especially the end. :D

NrDg chapter 22 . 6/13/2015
Nice wrap to the assassination mini arc. They really do need to give Kristoff some formal acknowledgement. That should be a good tease issue for his friends.

I think you are overdoing the clumsy Anna thing a bit but it is funny.

It was shown that Elsa could create life so restoring it is not unexpected assuming the life force sticks around for a bit after death of the body. Provide the power, Alde the skill. I guess with that Elsa could be considered a God, looks like Alde is thinking that way. I wonder what others are thinking about all this.
PascalDragon chapter 21 . 5/31/2015
Puh, it's a good thing that Alde was there. And we learned that Elsa is able to act as a channel for other magic users who aren't as capable as her. :)
It seems that the Duke did not read the small print of the contract. :P Are we done with him after Bashir's, uh, non-threats? Would the organization (whoever they are) try to finish the job even without a contract partner? I guess we will see...

PascalDragon chapter 20 . 5/24/2015
Ah, so the captain let Kristoff take the notification of Elsa into his own hands. Great!
Of course the ice model of Arendelle was accurate. I wouldn't have expected anything less, though of course this "hidden guide" is an interesting point... hmm...
These people wanted to assassinate both Elsa and Anna?! Gladly they underestimated Elsa's protection and that Kristoff would be there to distract Anna on time. Though did you need to leave us with a cliffhanger like that?! O.o

PascalDragon chapter 19 . 5/16/2015
I really like this fic. :) As you said in the AN of an earlier chapter it first appeared to be loosely connected chapters, but now you seem to be onto something much more. :D I also like the explanation of Elsa's magic. Much more reasonable than "planetary alignment" with what the writers would have come up...
I'm curious to see where you'll take the story. :D
I also hope you'll include a (friendly) meeting of Elsa, Anna and Kristoff with Marshmallow (since you had Elsa say that the ice palace calls out to her). After all the poor guy is guarding the ice palace all alone... :)

Xascul chapter 19 . 5/15/2015
Another great chapter! I do like how you incorporate a touch of actual historical people, it really feels that Arendelle is a real country. I also really appreciate the subtleties like Elsa's ice sculptures she made and how the Professor challenged her to make something super complex like that! I'm curious how would she react to let's say, the audience erupting in applause? Smug, a little embarrassed, or humble? I am really looking forward to your next update!
RohnHazard chapter 19 . 5/11/2015
I find the concept of how Elsa managed to create an ice castle with such detail by herself with just a liking for geometry, interesting. I applaud you for having thought of it. Now I'm interested on how you will address it.
chocolate-geometry-fics chapter 18 . 5/8/2015
'Hellstrøm's Kitchen' I see what you did there :) I love all the little details about Arendelle and am looking forward to the next chapter.
NrDg chapter 17 . 4/12/2015
I am impressed with Kristoff and his initiative in trying to find out what was going on. He is running some personal risk if he is found out and it took courage to do what he did. Hope the letter he took is informative.

Elsa handled the "mob" quite well. You are drawing a picture of a competent Queen Elsa - something I like to see in fanfiction. Good stories can be made with both her struggling with the new job and her being good at it—I just prefer reading about smart competent Elsa.
Xascul chapter 16 . 3/30/2015
Nice update! So far I'm really liking the overall tone and that the characters feel very spot on. Again, I'm glad you've done your research and integrate history and the historic names into the story. It really does feel authentic!
NrDg chapter 16 . 3/29/2015
An agent provocateur stirring up trouble, wonder who he is working for. Kind of to be expected. Poor Kristoff, now he's supposed to be the queens boyfriend. Hope Anna doesn't hear about his. Funny. I also like the way you described Olof's magic. Makes sense. And a cliffy about the angry mob... tune in next week for the exciting conclusion...
Four chapter 14 . 3/4/2015
Hopefully the Frozen Fever short will be much more engaging then your story
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »