Reviews for Dangling Threads
Xascul chapter 14 . 3/4/2015
Another great chapter! I would love to see how Elsa and Anna are at the dinner party, just how they act in a social situation. I can also tell you've done your research on Norwegian politics and history, which would be what Arendelle is based on. I'm glad this story does take that into consideration and not just about how the characters interact.
NrDg chapter 14 . 3/1/2015
Yep, hungover Elsa. Sad and funny description. Anna did good as Queen for the day but is a bit too trusting on what people claim, though. Healers being persecuted as witches does not bode well, wonder what is going on to cause that and why that is a reaction to Elsa's powers.
Kaeso Corvinus chapter 13 . 2/27/2015
I'm a big fan of this story, chapter eleven was just perfect. Keep up the good work!
Xascul chapter 13 . 2/24/2015
This is one of the better Frozen fanfics i've read! The tone is good, the pacing is very good, and the cast is very in character! I like how you're showing different sides of each character, especially Elsa's! I would love to see a chapter where she does go back to the ice palace with Anna and maybe kristoff!
NrDg chapter 13 . 2/23/2015
Elsa is a happy and funny drunk. Good description. So Elsa had about 8 glasses of wine, she should be pretty plastered looking forward to a serious hangover. Probably won't do that again, but she's young.
snoopykid chapter 13 . 2/22/2015
Lol that was great! cant wait to read more!
Morgaine2005 chapter 13 . 2/22/2015
Brava, Anna! I know this was the first time you played Designated Sober Person and you had no warning, but you did very well in the role nonetheless! At least it was just Elsa and Kristoff who got drunk. As terrible as they'll feel in the morning, all they ended up doing was talking and making ice sculptures.

... They really are going to feel terrible in the morning, aren't they?

I like how you had Kristoff following Elsa at Grand Pabbie's behest - that makes a lot of sense to me. His job (sort of) is to serve people like Elsa, so it'd make sense that he would show a bit of foresight. And Kristoff did end up helping her, if only by getting the one person who really could help her to her. Twice. (More or less.)

And lastly, we have refugee "magicians" (given what Grand Pabbie said about the rarity of magicians, I'm going to assume a greater or lesser degree of fraud until proven otherwise). This should be interesting.

Can't wait for next week!
hyrushoten chapter 12 . 2/16/2015
I have to say this is one of the best frozen fics I've read. You do an excellent job fleshing out the world while still keeping most of the focus on the characters and how they play off each other. I like how it's somewhat lighthearted, but in a way that acknowledges that there are problems and differing opinions and basically that everything isn't a perfect fairytale ending. That said the important part of that is the lighthearted tone. All to many frozen stories doing what you're doing go for a lot of drama and angst and massive conspiracies. So keep up the good work and thanks for this gem.
Morgaine2005 chapter 12 . 2/15/2015
And now we have to wait a week to find out why Kristoff was following Elsa? NO FAIR.

But other than that horrible, terrible, no-good cliffhanger, this was a great chapter! I loved Pabbie's line about the "native fauna," but what he says makes a lot of sense. I guess the other gods must have had earth powers, then, maybe? I kind of want to go read up on Norse mythology to see where the trolls would fit in.

I liked Kristoff and Elsa's conversation, too. It'll be interesting to see how you develop the Frohana from here. I also hope that Anna doesn't get nightmares - but getting all those memories shaken loose could have weird consequences. So we shall see.

Can't wait for next week!

(BTW - you know I'm kidding about the horrible, terrible, no-good, right? It's a great cliffhanger. I just resent being the one hanging off the cliff. ;) )
LinesoftheLost112 chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
This is awesome. I love your perspective on the period directly after the thaw. Your original character here is cool, I'm interested in seeing wether he warms up to Kristoff or ends up being more of an antagonist in this story.
Morgaine2005 chapter 11 . 2/9/2015
I like the way you did this - going backward through time, showing the sisters' relationship as it grew and changed ... or really didn't grow or change much over the course of 13 years, but hey, you take what the film gives you. ;)

I loved how you had it mostly be dialogue with a few fragmentary descriptions here and there. It created a kind of hazy, memory-like feel for me. Even under the influence of troll magic, it appears, our memory isn't quite as faultless and detailed as we would like it to be.

Can't wait to see what you do next week. :) (And yes, late review is late ... but better late than never?)
Didjey Disantales chapter 10 . 2/5/2015
Greetings. My name is Didjey Disantales and I am a professional critic. I got interested in your story, so if you want you can PM me after the end to get a review. Good luck.
Morgaine2005 chapter 10 . 2/1/2015
Now THAT is one cool origin story. A goddess? Half of the Frozen fandom is convinced Elsa is a goddess anyway, so you won't have any trouble getting people to go along with this. ;)

And I loved the description of the motes, how Pabbie explained that some particles of magic (magictrons?) can draw others to them. It kind of reminded me of the Dust in Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

Part of me is curious about what this means for Elsa's life expectancy, but I'm just as curious if not more curious to learn about Anna regaining her memories. I wonder what Pabbie means that she won't like them? I'm guessing if there was anything nasty in there, like another accident, Elsa probably would have mentioned something.

And lastly, Kristoff up on Mt. Ørjas - what a lovely image. Happy travels, Kristoff, and I hope you get that ice down the mountain safely.
Firesword7734 chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
That IS a question never answered... Also, why is it I feel Henricksen has a Scottish accent?
Morgaine2005 chapter 9 . 1/25/2015
Ooh, this is interesting. Of course Corona isn't going to get too upset about the whole Great Winter thing. They've seen what happens when magic and royals mix. ;)

And aww, Elsa riding Sitron! I'm not a Hans fan but I do love that horse. I think it's great that he now has a rider who is worthy of him. You take care of her, Sitron!

Your touch of real-life geography is also so cute and so much fun. :) And I love the worldbuilding/backstory you did with the library.

Anyway. Can't wait to see what happens with the trolls next week (hopefully?)!
83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »