Reviews for North and South Retold
Deborah r chapter 40 . 7/22
Wow, I really loved this storyline, it is one of my favorites . It is superior writing.
Stacye White chapter 28 . 5/18
I cannot abide that Hannah Thornton thinks she needs to parent a 30 year-old man. She needs to mind her own business.
Stacye White chapter 40 . 3/20
Lovely!
Stacye White chapter 27 . 3/20
I loved this chapter and this whole retelling of the story. When readers get irritated with Margaret, they need to remember that John is eleven or so years older than she is.
MossRose10 chapter 40 . 2/2
Lovely story— I enjoyed every bit of it!
️️️️
100recycled chapter 37 . 1/19
2* Katie instead of Mary in this chapter.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 35 . 1/2
Not drag it out? There’s no room left in the story for it to have been dragged out!

I honestly don’t know why I let myself keep reading fics in hope that even a few will buck the tired formula and allow the couple (regardless of what couple a story is about) to come to their understanding soon enough to offer a little pleasure in seeing them actually live some happiness instead of the annoying insistence on dragging the angst & misery out to the last few paragraphs then ending with an accepted marriage proposal and expecting readers to be satisfied with an assumption of whatever HEA suits them. AAAAGH! So freakin’ tiresome!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 6 . 1/1
It’s nice to see a Mr. Hale who’s a little more aware of the world around him & who applies what he learned from raising Frederick to guide him to making changes in dealing with Margaret and her reckless leaps into actions based on her unconfirmed assumptions & poorly controlled temper.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 3 . 1/1
Yeow! This Margaret is a seriously delusional thinker & a bratty, immature, twit. I would say being nasty to someone who had just rescued her from taking a hard fall from a stool, preventing her from receiving a very probable break, sprain, or severe bruising & being too bitchy to say thank you counts as worse than foolish. Prancing back to flop back down on the hill like a tantrum throwing toddler after she’d just been shown the danger of being there alone is petulant and just plain stupid. Thornton now has to choose whether to stay there to further protect her while she treats him like shit or walk away & let her take her chances with the roaming thugs. She deserves to be left to fend for herself. Maybe she’d enjoy fighting off the ruffians on her own. She might at least wise-up a bit. This John should turn away and leave this Margaret to her own choices, permanently. No pretty face is worth constantly rescuing her from herself while she berates him & acts as if he garbage under her feet.
Gcarrasco chapter 40 . 11/29/2020
So good. This is my favorite fan fiction of North and South. Please publish your books.
KBsMomma chapter 27 . 9/7/2020
Ok! I've been ghosting for a while and should have written sooner but I am LOVING this story. Can't wait for all the feels to come but these near misses...well they have their charm too, don't they?
SaLSa76 chapter 40 . 8/29/2020
Just lovely!
Guest chapter 40 . 7/12/2020
I loved your story. Thank you for sharing.
flowerblood chapter 40 . 4/19/2020
this story is a blessing! thank you so much, i enjoyed every word of it.