Reviews for This Is Not What I Had Planned
OMG! Est ce que tu as vu la nouvelle interview de Johny Depp ?! Il a dit qu'il a aimé Dumbledore et qu'il est jaloux de Newt :D si on avait su ça il y a 10 ans
anniepotter911 chapter 14 . 10/12
This has neen such a good read so far. I can't wait to read more. I am so grateful that you wrote this fanfic because I had actually been thinking and wondering about Grindelwald/Dumbledore relationship, their duel, Nurmengard, Ariana's death, etc. Thanks for a good read (finally).
- anniepotter911
8-Wolke-8 chapter 23 . 10/12
Hi! I remember reading the first part of this story ages ago and really liking it. Now imagine how happy I was when I went through my favourite stories and saw you had updated again! The fantastic beasts part of your story has been some of the best fanfic I've read since themovie came out. And I love how you stick to canon and elaborate on it in a way that feels completely believable. I especially loved Albus interaction with newt. The way you wrote Albus admiring him is exactly what I thought he would think of him. I can't wait to read what you come up with after the movie is out!
I will follow your stories with pleasure ! Thanks.
Elsa Kisiel chapter 22 . 10/9
Woo, I knew some of those things, but I still learn a lot today! Thank you, that was really nice to see the canon's evolution; I'm looking forward seeing what you will write with 2018 canon!
Grindeldore chapter 4 . 2/17
Bonjour.
Je suis une fan française et j'adore ton histoire!
Dumbledore est mon personnage préféré à moi aussi.
J'espère que tu écriras de nouveaux chapitres prochainement!
Bonne continuation.
AnnaMT chapter 21 . 11/18/2017
My god! You are a Potter NERD! How do you manage to keep up with and even remember all the interviews?!
TheLittleCatmole chapter 21 . 6/28/2017
Your explanation made sense! Windsbach is certainly out of the way... thanks for you answer! Anyway, i love the dynamic between Dumbledore and Newt (as well as the slight jealousy from Grindelwald). Although, I am wondering if it was a wise decision from Dumbledore to lie to Newt about knowing Grindelwald. After all if Newt is going to be involved in stopping him then the relationship between the two is bound to come up ... (of course, it is very possible that you thought of that and are planning something ...)
Red Furry Demon chapter 20 . 6/14/2017
The opening note had me laughing out loud. It's awesome to see you straying away from the more-or-less clear path detailed in canon, submerging in guesses and predictions.

1924

I love how you portrayed the beginnings of their friendship, the way it evolved out of simple student-teacher relationship. Seems both sweet and plausible.

My guess on the Obscurus's environment was that they prefer cold, deserted setting, kind of like the Dementors, which makes sense to me since Newt always wants the best for his cute fluffy babies. But I like your explanation.

This take on the Obscuri might interest you: archiveofourown works/ 8771002

1926

Jealous Grindelwald! Is it possible for him to be even more cute?! :D I'm still not sure why couldn't he just insist on watching the execution personally - that would be easily explainable, supposing Newt was an extremely dangerous follower of the Dark Lord (because who the hell carries an Obscurus, a hydra (cut-out scene), and a friggin' nundu in their suitcase? Must be quite a terrifying, powerful wizard for sure...).

1928

No. You did not do that. No no no no no. That's not how any of this works.

I understand how someone can get drunk because angst, breakup, death of a loved one, whatever. But there are characters who might do something like this (Al, Abe, even Grindelwald), and then there is Newt, who most certainly wouldn't! He's not that sort of a person. Maybe, mayyyyybe if something horrible happened and he couldn't cope with it (idk, a certain someone massacring his creatures in an act of revenge?) he might break and seek refugee in drinking - but not over a girl! He's still a bit hurt after whatever happened between him and Leta, but the movie shows enough evidence that he mostly got over his love problems, probaly much more than Albus ever did.
So - no. But I'm still happy to see some more of your own ideas, not rooted in canon as strongly as usually.

Btw, Newt was able to finish his education? I was convinced he was really expelled (since Albus wasn't the headmaster that early), only it happened after he passed his OWLs, so he could keep his wand.

Awesome. I'm waiting for more!
TheLittleCatmole chapter 14 . 6/11/2017
While rereading this, I've been wondering: Are you from Germany?
Anyway, I thought it was funny that you used Windsbach of all places for Nurmengard. The town is so tiny that you could walk through it in like 5 min (ok, maybe not quite but you get the picture).
So, why Windsbach?
TheLittleCatmole chapter 20 . 6/11/2017
Can't wait for the next chapter ... !
SilverStreaksofStardust chapter 19 . 5/31/2017
It's time I finally reviewed this story, because honestly it's amazing! You wrote this story so accurately and the relationship fits in canon... like, whoa. You're an awesome writer. Can't wait to read more ;)
Guest chapter 5 . 5/20/2017
i really like your style of writing. what you say sounds really elegant and smooth (i don't know how to put it better)
Red Furry Demon chapter 19 . 4/2/2017
Oh that sly bastard, this is just so cut- er, I mean, so terrifying! I love how this chapter is told almost entirely from Gellert's POV, it shows perfectly that despite his pretty face and overal awesomness he's an evil monster. Although it still makes me want to hug him :)

I pity Credence. An abused child, growing up with such horrible people... now that's an easy target. Especially considering the fact he's practically asking GrindelGraves for affection. Can't wait for the Obscurus to show up, though. Lovely little thing.

I don't whine often, but PLEASE, MORE! (More Gellert, more horrible stuff, more slash, more everything.) :D
Red Furry Demon chapter 18 . 4/2/2017
The scene with young Albus going to eavesdrop was super cute and somewhat heartbreaking at the same time. Abe's protests also seem very in-character (as always) and age-apropriate.
I got an impression that Percival Dumbledore must have been very interested in Dark Arts, though... Oh, the plot bunnies...!

I think you might have overdone Gellert's "you're such a great wizard, Albus!" game a bit. I mean, if Al didn't see through it, it would mean he was more narcisstic than Malfoy and Lockhart together :) I rather liked that part nonetheless; love how you managed to put these little romance details.

And for the last scene you deserve a huuuuge pack of lemon drops, since it was probably the best lemon scene I've read during the last three weeks.