Reviews for Savior's End
rowenasheir chapter 1 . 6/3
I agree totally on your version of AD as I can't believe that he thinks all muggles are family loving, benign humans, especially after the rape etc. of his sister and his father's incarceration after getting due justice.

Sending TMR, SS and HP to live in abusive households can only be the actions of a stupid , uncaring man that should never be allowed near children or a manipulative totalitarian with his own agenda.

A good punishment would be restricting his magic, deaging him, put him under a semi-permanent glamour and and make him live with the Dursleys (for the same length of time he sentence the 3 boys to living in hell!)
daisycb chapter 1 . 3/24
I absolutely agree with you about Dumbledore and Malfoy ( an obnoxious little shit if there ever was one), but I must admit that while indifferent to the book Snape, I did warm up to Alan Rickman's movie Snape. Regardless, either way he was a real arse.
twistyguru chapter 1 . 1/25
Great story, albeit very sad for little Harry. I COMPLETELY agree with your low opinion of Dumbles, Snape and Draco, for many of the same reasons. No 'Greater Good' justifies Dumble's actions; I tend to believe he's an evil manipulator playing at the semi-senile grandfather role. He's also got a bad case of believing his own press releases-NEVER a good thing. Snape and Draco are just scum. Period. Full stop. Voldie at his worst probably didn't come close to Dumble's lifetime achievement of misery and evil-which, oddly enough, includes Tom becoming a dork lord, too.
senawario chapter 1 . 11/12/2016
very nice. And by the way I totally agree about Dumbledore; he's the real villain of the HP series as far as I am concerned
Luiz4200 chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
You didn't mention Sirius Black. In the middle of Dumbledore's bean spilling, did he reveal any ulterior motives to deny Sirius a trial?
The Frau chapter 1 . 5/17/2016
Couldn't agree more. No man who could keep sending an innocent child back into an abusive home should be considered, 'The Leader of the Light'. Actions speak louder than words!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
indeed, Bumbles is a twisted fuck
shakespeareandthetardis chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
I thoroughly agree with your opinion of Dumbledore. I wonder just what Rowlings was thinking make him the 'hero leader.' He knew Harry would be abused by the Dursleys, if not physically then mentally. Plus, he could have gotten Sirius a trail at any time, not to mention, there had to be more than one werewolf/wizard in Britain, besides Remus.

I will admit, my view of Snape was colored by my love of Alan Rickman, but I agree, the man had no redeeming qualities. As for Draco, I honestly believe is what his parents made him. Children aren't born hating, but they can be taught, rather quickly. If he had been raised differently, he might have been a better man. As for his hesitation in the last books, I agree that he is afraid of facing the consequences of his actions.
thedwo chapter 1 . 3/28/2016
I agree that Draco and Snape have no redeeming features. Although, while I agree Dumbles probably is a pretty horrible person, I disagree that he HAS to be an absolute monster. I think he can be portrayed as "good, but incompetent" or with the phrase "the road to hell is not just paved with good intentions, but walled and roofed with them." Like, he left Harry with the Dursley's because in his lazy arrogance, he truly believes that the choices are 'abused at the Dursley's, but alive' and 'not at the Dursley's, happy, then dead.' Same with Snape - he truly believes Snape is trying to 'redeem' himself and his poor behavior is either an exaggeration (after all, he, Albus Dumbledore, believe Snape to be working on redemption, so he, Albus Dumbledore, must be right) or because he needs to behave like that to keep his position as a spy.

However, as much as I hate it, I can see Harry naming his son after Snape and Dumbles. Remember, Harry's behavior is pretty much the picture of an abused child who, instead of becoming a sociopath ala Riddle, comes to believe people are right to hurt him. If we go with what we were shown in the books (quite different, imo, from what Rowling told us in the books), then that's what Harry is. That's why he puts up with Dumbledore's and Snape's behavior. That's why he keeps taking Ron back after his BS. That's why he doesn't try harder to not go back to the Dursley's after each year.

Think of it like the abused girlfriend/wife who keeps going back to her abuser.
gphoenix51 chapter 1 . 2/26/2016
I completely agree, Dumbledore is a monster. The mere fact that he freely admits to sentencing Harry to "10 dark and difficult years" means he knew EXACTLY what Harry was going to be forced to endure. He sentenced an innocent child to abuse, physical or mental doesn't matter, Dumbledore enabled the abuse of an innocent child. And then had the pure balls to send that child back every single year, for his own good.

Dumbledore is a monster, who protects other monsters with his infinite second chances bullshit and constant propping up of the worst teacher ever, Snape.

I wonder if it ever occurred to Snape that he was acting exactly the way his father acted, to all the students, but mainly Harry and Neville. The fact that people love Snape so much makes me think they are blinding by the amazing and talented Alan Rickman and don't realize that just because an awesome and kind actor portrays a monster, doesn't mean that Snape isn't a monster.

Draco probably never had a chance, growing up in the environment he did, but it was completely his choice to live down to his bloody father's Death Eater bullshit. Except that Harry and especially Sirius lived in similar environments, Sirius in particular, and they didn't turn into bigoted, bullying monsters.
Arial Wolf chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
Brilliant thank you
The story is sad but I agree with your sentiments at the bottom
moldyshorts just kills everyone
thanks
apAidan chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
I always thought that the name of the youngest Potter from the Epilogue that must not be read was proof positive of either the fact that Molly Weasley was very familiar with the use of the Imperius or Harry was out of the country when the boy was born and there's some sort of weird prohibition against changing a birth certificate after the fact in the wizarding world and Ginny decided to honor the two who were responsible for her getting Harry.

A very interesting look at what could have easily happened.

ap Aidan
noreenklose chapter 1 . 5/23/2015
"Dumbledore was in my opinion at first a bumbling idiot who tries to look wiser than he actually is, and probably senile as well as more than a little nuts. The later books begin to portray that as a front before a rather cruel, manipulative bastard who has been playing Wizarding world for fools for ages already.
He is an example of 'power behind the throne', both with Grindelwald before in the past, and later with the Ministry who is a handy scapegoat for everything that is wrong with the world, leaving him free to use them to divert attention from himself. Even painting himself in dark colors at some times before returning to make people think "we should have listened to him from the beginning" once more, reinforcing his hold on them.
I despise Dumbledore most of all, even Voldemort has more redeeming qualities than the bastard Bumblemore, Dumb-as-Door, Lord Lemon, Manipulative Old Man.
That is my opinion, and you are welcome to have your own, but trying to point out Dumbledore isn't that bad is a waste of time for me. I read through the books and I consider the last 2 not worth the time, I prefer a lot of alternate tellings past the 4th year point, especially ones that expose Dumbledore for the bastard he is. I can never accept the 'canon' ending as I truly hate the idea of someone left abused by the old man naming someone 'supposedly' their child after HIM."

Bless your heart and soul, that's exactly my opinion!
Loved your story.
Thanks for sharing-I really enjoy reading your work.

KUTGW,

Noreen
Diddleymaz chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Grim stuff, but readable.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
I agree with you about Dumbledore, Snape and Draco.
Snape's abusive childhood doesn't excuse his actions. Harry lived through worse without turning into a Dark Wizard.
Draco is a spoiled pureblood prince who should have been thrown out of Hogwarts if the staff acted like professional educators, REALLY concerned about the students' well-being. Sadly, even in the first book we learn it's not the case - Maze of Horrors guarded by Cerberus and detention in Forbidden forest is a clear indication that they don't give a damn.
And Dumbledore was a manipulator who brainwashed Harry to commit suicide for the 'Greater Good'.