Reviews for Sinful Pleasures, Consuming Darkness
Wynni chapter 9 . 4/27/2015
veeeelly interesting. So Balin's still a decent sort in this world, but not necessarily in any shape to do some good.
Vargavinter chapter 11 . 4/27/2015
I like that we get to see some of the other dwarves now, even if it's only in my mind that Dwalin is actually nice. Well, by comparison, he's a fakking prince charming, ain't he? haha. Love him here.
The balance between what Sky finds intriguing versus horrible is a fine line, but it works well here. She is still lucid enough to realise that "had the circumstances been different" that she might have enjoyed being held down by Fíli.
Since this was such a severe punishment (at least to prudish little me), like a narratological tipping point, it feels like Sky would be extra careful from now on, being the perfect servant and behaving flawlessly, beginning to work on her vengeance/break out plan. However, since this story thrives on these scenes, I don't know what to think anymore, and will refrain from making predictions. ;)
Nice to see a bit more of Fíli and his internal struggle. Also that not all Fíli's attempt at helping her are destroyed by Thorin and his lie detector, which give a reader some small hope for a happy ending. Or happy-ish as the case may be. Never know with this story.
Vargavinter chapter 10 . 4/27/2015
Has the language always been so rich? Perhaps its due to the nice descriptions of the great hall, all the nobles, and the general 'ye olde' stuff haha. I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
I really liked this chapter. Though not much happens, it is incredibly well written in terms of saying much with little action. The tension and feeling of frustrating obligation that weighs on Sky is palpable in every movement. It sets a feeling of what the everyday could look like while still keeping the sense of chaos and bloodshed being held at bay only through the illusion of control and obediance. Very nice! Showing, not telling; I love it.
CelticAngel86 chapter 11 . 4/27/2015
Very intense chapter, it puts a whole new level of douchebaggery to Dark!Thorin. Evil sadiatic bastard! I can't wait for tables to turn and he get what's coming to him...someday. Every time you write for Fili it leaves me breathless and grinning like a lil idiot! And I WANT MORE! I'm wondering though...the library incident...weren't Sky and Fili supposed to be punished for that? Or at least Fili? O.O are you going to share with us what happened or happens?
Cassandra-Jayne chapter 11 . 4/26/2015
Woah that was intense.
Decepticon Chick chapter 11 . 4/26/2015
Very detailed and descriptive as always. I really enjoyed the moment between Sky and Fili and I do hope to see more in the incoming future. As much as I love Thorin I just want to punch him, he's so cold and honestly I hope it doesn't change for this story needs it. Brilliant job as always and look forward to next chapter.
hizzle27 chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
I have just read every chapter tonight. I love your portrayal of the Durins. The deranged Thorin, the stoic Fili, and the tumultuous Kili. I love the fight she puts up with Kili! He definitely seems the most playful, and the most eager to pleasure Sky. Thorin is terrifying and incredibly sexy at the same time. Fili has been my favorite character, so I thoroughly enjoy the fluff scenes between him and your strong-willed heroine. I would love some sexy time encounters with the two! Great story so far! Can't wait for an update!
lovecastle89 chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Well, I'm glad that Sky was okay from the previous chapter although it seems she's got quite the concussion. I've been intrigued by your story since I first discovered it here. I'm not big on these non-con stories and I don't plan to write one unless the perpetrators are severely punished. Wow, this chapter was something else what happened to poor Sky as a result of hitting Thorin in front of the court. I can truly see how his cruelty is spelled out here and I'm hoping there is some serious retribution against him and Kili. They are such assholes in this this story. At least Fili showed some humanity and tenderness to her taking care of her little bottom and breasts. Now, she's getting whipped, but I like how you have her portrayed as defiant, bent, not broken instead of a blubbering, simpering mess. I do have a bit of a plot bunny that I've been thinking of. Perhaps Bilbo Baggins can show up at Erebor and be the burglar that he is and help rescue Sky. After all, he is the Hobbit. Just a silly thought. WIth his big hairy feet, he can kick Thorin's ass and push him down some stairs. LOL. Okay, just trying to be funny, but it would be a delight to read Bilbo in this story. You write with such intense detail and are very diligent about all the warnings of the offensive material in here. I've read stories where it seemed the author didn't care and pretty soon it was horrific rape/violence content that I was not expecting, so thank you. And as always, I look forward to more of our girl Sky and the dirty Durins.
greaserslady chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Can we kill Thorin? I never thought I'd say this, but I hate that bastard. Lol. But that's the whole point here. And you're doing an amazing job of making him a villain.

What are you doing to my poor Fili? Sigh. I'm anticipating finding out more about him in this story. He's been such a closed book so far. The fluff between Sky and himself was lovely though, so thanks for that!

Dwalin! Sweet in his own way, Dwalin. That was a really nice way of ending this chapter. The punishment was intense but at least Sky could see that there are at least 2 dwarves in Erebor that don't like what's being done to her.

Will she have any interactions with other slaves in the future? That would be interesting to see, at least to me. ;)
Tasteful-Lies chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Okay... excuse me whilst a take (yet another) cold shower.

Alright, I'm back. *Rubs hands together evilly.* Review time!
So... up until now, it never actually sank in for me exactly how evil that the Durins have become. (Fili aside). Kili wasn't talked about much in this chapter, but Thorin's nature practically slapped me in the face on the way out.

He is pretty. Damned. Evil.

Now, he's killed one of her companions in front of her, and she's not allowed to show any form of sorrow nor anger. She runs to the body of her dead companion, and Thorin becomes pissed as hell and comes at her for it. She tries (and fails) to strike him, and that's one more thing he's adding to his pissy list.
The punishment afterwards was what got me in this chapter. Thorin could have been cruel and done it himself, but instead he forced the chore upon Fili, who didn't deserve to have to do that in the slightest.

I can see that Fili and Sky have a growing relationship.. not strictly romantic yet, but it seems to me that it's possible and may happen in time. But, however, Sky and Kili also have a growing relationship, hence her sketching him. Sky is a teenage girl. It's common for a teenage girl to draw/doodle pictures of her crush/boyfriend. But Sky seems to find him slightly physically attractive to draw him as such.

But that's in past chapters. I feel this review has been long enough, xD. So I'm just going to say, that I look forwards to the next chapter.

Toodles! KarmaKitten
wockerjabi chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Hooray, a chapter! I wasn't expecting it so soon. _

Shampooing your scalp which has an open wound has to hurt. I guess Sky has so many other complaints she doesn't notice it as much by this point.

Adorable Fili is adorable. Did he really walk out in the hallway in front of the guards in the nude? That's an interesting image.

I quite like how you've put everything together; it flows well.
AthenaSophia85 chapter 10 . 4/22/2015
Love the descriptions here, especially of Fili - seems appropriate that Sky would notice more about him, now that he's taken the fall for her.

Yeesh...creepy Guard Kili is creepy, with the whole "play with his sword thing" (no pun intended...).

Uh-oh, Thorin's being "nice" (petting Sky's head and all that)... Watch out, Sky!

I like the signal system that Sky has with Balin - he's such a dear. *sigh* What a conflicted character he's got to be in the Dark!verse (and by the way, I like that you've stayed more or less true to his cannon portrayal. I have such a hard time imagining Dark!Balin...)

Oh, snap! Humiliation! That sucks, the way Sky's being treated like a dog... :( So callous! Love that Fili tried to stick up for her again, though...I wonder if Thorin's going to suspect anything, eventually?

Oh, damn...you brought the real. Sky's friends!

(Although, like the moment of humor - "his stupid handsome face." LOL!)

Great fight scene...you're REALLY good at those, which I quite admire, since I'm hopeless at the mechanics of fighting and usually try to fudge such things as best I can... Loved the chance to see the brotherly bond that Fili has for Kili (even if Kili IS such a twit).

And...DAMN. Wow! POWERFUL chapter! Like, hot damn! How horrifying to realize (along with Sky) that she's been played all along. I'm REALLY looking forward to what you do with her after this aweful event. You've really got the horror factor down - it's a wonder that Sky doesn't just shatter apart!

And what a way to end - WTF! No, she didn't just PUNCH THORIN! (GO SKY! Although...yikes...I can't even begin to imagine what he has in store for her for such an audacious action... .)
AthenaSophia85 chapter 9 . 4/22/2015
I'm baaaaack...! And, as promised, here's your review of Chapter 9.

Okay, so...I like the way that you portray Balin and the way you show that, despite his forced facade, he really does have a heart of gold. I can identify with Sky's struggle to bow, though, from verbal instruction alone! Bowing/curtsying isn't the easiest thing to do in the best of times, much less with all the stress of impending punishment if you do it wrong! (And in a dress, no less! I have to admit, my persona in the SCA masqueraded as a man for good reason. I can't curtsy worth crap, LOL)

So, it might just be my meds and/or my bad memory, or something... But what makes Thror snap, exactly? Is it just an extreme case of the gold sickness? You mention "two incidents", but then Balin doesn't elaborate... Am I just missing something?

Okay: "Santa Claus!" I died - IT'S SO DAMN TRUE, THOUGH! Ermagerd.

I really hate that whole face-covering thing, probably not as much as Sky, but CLOSE. Ugh. I feel her pain. . Poor Sky!

It's also really, REALLY sad that she can't just show unsolicited affection. :( Balin deserves all the hugs in the world.

The anxiety that Sky exhibits while trying to muster up the courage to leave her quarters is very realistic, I think. Why the blindfold, though? I think I know what you were doing there...it's a very creative solution to her problem. Just surprised me a bit!

"Fuck those carvings!* Ermagerd...I laughed so hard. Along with taking a chainsaw to Kili's door...I just love Sky's spirit! You go, girlfriend! Keep it up! (Though, I do find it quite interesting that she stalls first at Kili's door and even exhibits something of an angry fixation on it...)

Minor edit I caught: when you first mention Sky approaching the doors of the library, you wrote "large brass wings" - did you mean "large brass RINGS?"

Your mention of the sailor's knot made me chuckle - good analogy. Another way of saying it is "nautical knot", too, FYI. The mention of the knot reminded me of boot camp and trying to learn how to make a damn slipknot at freakin' one in the morning with an instructor breathing down my neck. LOL Didn't matter how hard they huffed and puffed...tying damn knots still evades me... .

Ori! Poor little guy... Thorin is such an ass.

Sadistic Thorin, FYI, is creeeeepy... But good characterization on your part; he WOULD be pleased with any excuse to punish Sky. And Fili! Ugh...heart-wrenching. I love his defiance and what a great term you coined: "defiant submission". Two words that speak volumes. One can only imagine what Thorin wants to discuss... *shudders* Which, by the way, makes me wonder: what ARE Thorin's chambers like? Would they be "normal"...or more like a D/s/BDSM dungeon? (Oh, the random places my mind goes...)

"Non-sexual punishments"...oh, Sky. If you only knew... T_T

LOVE the scene in the library. Fili is a sweet-heart...although, what prompts him to step in for her? *waggles eyebrows* I look forward to you developing that further as you go along... :-D
Twelvepercentt chapter 10 . 4/20/2015
I seriously have yet to come by a better kili, fili, or thorin fic... the smut in this story is exactly what I want... then you add a great story on top of it and you have me checking several times a week for more updates. THANK YOU FOR THIS FIC OMFG
GrimalkinTheWitchAssassin chapter 10 . 4/19/2015
Great chapter. Love the way u discribe Kili's impatientness and the way he's restlessand his impulsiveness the way he scans the crowd and is openly armed. Totally spot on Fili is acting exactly how he should be as well and being armed but not openly totally a Fili move. Good job on that as well. Left us on a cilfhanger good move can't wait till the next chaper. Very excited!
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »