Reviews for Sinful Pleasures, Consuming Darkness
Lothelen chapter 14 . 8/27/2015
Sorry it's taken me a bit to get to the last chapters, though I'm almost glad I didn't have much time to read, as now the story can last longer. Thorin's surveillance system is creepy as fuck. Seriously, the idea of being watched squicks me out instantly, and the fact that Sky was unaware there were so many strange pairs of eyes monitoring her every movement is so…urgh.

While I can understand her frustration, I'm glad she got a bit of tough love from Fili. Her circumstances are enough to bring out anyone's worst characteristics, but at the same time I'm glad her selfishness isn't shown as anything other than the flaw it is. Not only that, but the fact that Sky is willing to acknowledge the fact that a change is necessary is what really sets her apart from the legions of Mary Sues. This chapter has gone the final step in turning her into the well-rounded character she always had the potential to become beyond the smut. Great, great job.
wockerjabi chapter 15 . 8/24/2015
Incidentally, I agree with pixelierrante. In a dystopic world, after so many good outcomes, we can't help but expect something dismal to balance them. Think of it, there was an invasion and no named characters died.
wockerjabi chapter 16 . 8/24/2015
He smiled at her. *groans*

In all seriousness, the dynamic between Fili and Sky and Kili is great. I'm not at all surprised that Kili recounted his skirmish to Fili, even though it gave up his dishonorable saving by a human. Those two are besties. 3

Can we have another incidence of Kili and Sky allying to annoy Fili? I know that Sky focuses mainly on annoying Kili, and that both of them exasperating Fili is just a byproduct of acting like idiots, but it's so cute! I get the feeling that Fili needs to control things, by the way. He tries to arrange humane treatment for Sky, he tries to shield Kili from Thorin, he tries to shield Sky from the consequences of escape attempts and insubordination. If only they would cooperate, his life would be much easier.
dragynfyre18 chapter 16 . 8/23/2015
Finally, a smidge of Fili/Sky fluff... With hopes of more to come. I loved the battle scenes, the flowed nicely and were well climaxed. The arrival of Kíli's men was just in the nick of time. Thank Mahal. I worry about what Thorin will do about that tapestry... I have a feeling that despite her efforts to save Kíli, her actions will earn her trouble. She did deface royal property, was out of her rooms, and not wearing either her consort costume or her veil. He will not be happy.

Finally, some movement forward with that blood oath! I am so excited about that! I hope it leads somewhere happy for both of them.
carolina.tarinescobar chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
Esta muy interesante la historia, con muchas ganas de seguir leyendo, sobre todo mas de fili, y molaría un pequeño foro rafe entre thorin celoso por que fili se interese demasiado por Sky.

Un saludo.
Lothelen chapter 13 . 8/20/2015
Bitchy dwarf ladies, just when you need some new racist assholes to add to the pot. At least Thorin is gorgeous, even if he is completely out of his mind. Now I'm taking bets with myself to find out if it's Fili or Kili or someone else who saved Sky. Maybe Bombur came to romance her and steal her away from the gorgeous psychos, lol. That would be quite the twist.
Lothelen chapter 12 . 8/20/2015
Ugh, my stupid brain keeps confusing Kili and Fili's names, which makes no sense, because I know which one as which perfectly well. Thank God their personalities are so different. Well, I am curious as to what Kili will say to Sky's proposition. It's good to see some of her spunk back, though I have a nasty feeling Thorin's not gonna be happy when it manifests in his presence.
Lothelen chapter 11 . 8/20/2015
Fili is an enigma. Thorin is an asshole. An evil asshole who is no longer my favorite dwarf in the story by any means but perversely compelling nonetheless. Jesus fucking christ, what a psycho. Is it my imagination, or is Sky's will starting to break? I imagine I'd be a catatonic mess by this point. Thank God Dwalin and Balin are similar minded and willing to help her do what's needed to avoid some pain.
Lothelen chapter 10 . 8/20/2015
Ugh, the second hand humiliation from having to crawl and be fed by hand…poor Sky. And then watching one of the reasons she has to put up with such treatment die right in front of her. Grrr, these Durins are harsh. Hot and harsh, but harsh nonetheless. I love the lemons, but these chapters have done a great job of building more depth in Sky's character, which I'm sure was your goal. She feels more real than ever, and less like an avatar for pwp, though that style certainly has its merits. It does, however, limit reader ability to empathize with a character, and these quieter, for lack of a better word, chapters are really doing the job nicely. I'm sure the next smut will be all the sexier for it.
Lothelen chapter 9 . 8/20/2015
Well. This certainly is an interesting turn of events. I must admit, I was not expecting Fili to cover for her. Kili, perhaps, but I was really glad to see some more Fili outside the lemons. Thorin is one scary mofo. The history lesson from Balin was interesting as well, and a good explanation for why Thorin is the way he is. I'm glad Sky has someone in her corner at long last as well-someone with non-sexual motivations. Good ol' Santa!Balin to the rescue. I'm finding this whole dystopia AU more and more fascinating as you reveal further dimensions to your characters. Hmmm, wonder if anyone has done something similar with the lotr elves, as we all know they are perfectly capable of greed and corruption as well…
xXSweet Little BumblebeeXx chapter 16 . 8/20/2015
I really like your story here. It's very creatieve and original. You don't see it much out there, but everyone likes it different. With this story you get to see the characters in a different light and it works out well. Can't wait for more! But I have must be patient...
I don't see/read any errors or something like that. Even that English isn't my first langauge.
Sooo, go on with the story! I can't say more.
Foobar chapter 9 . 8/18/2015
Foobar agrees more Fili and Sky and yet sees far too much Gor. {John Norman series of books regarding slavery on a parallel earth} He thinks its time to get naked and hot.
Lothelen chapter 8 . 8/17/2015
Sky's conflict between her desire and her need for autonomy is so well written, as is her struggle with her mixed feelings for Kili. I've said it before, but her continued hatred of him, Thorin, and Fili is realistic and very well done. There are so many stories of a similar ilk that aren't half as well written where the main character is in love with her rapist/torturer/captor in a matter of few chapters and my reaction is always, "You've got to be kidding me. He's a sadist! Get yourself together girl." But this is so much more thought provoking in addition to the general sexiness. I bet that even if Sky were released, she'd find herself missing Erebor in spite of herself, and that could be an interesting struggle in itself. Seriously, so, so well done.
Seltika chapter 16 . 8/16/2015
Ah! Lovely! The oath. Still, it is not easy for Sky, saving someone - putting her life On the line - who has made her life a hell for the sake of his pleasure (kili).
Anyways...this oath is gonna make them grow closer. She and Fili.
And how is Kili gonna act now, After what Sky has done for fim?
I can't wait to now more!
Seltika chapter 15 . 8/16/2015
Sky saving Kili. Don't know where this is going to, but always thought of them as a couple. Of course Fili was always more counscious of Sky, but she and Kili have a cute attraction. Let's wait and see
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »