Reviews for Love and War
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 1/24/2005
Yet again, I'm left utterly speechless. It's been so long since I last read stories in this fandom... but your fics make me want to dive into the world of FF8 once again... I almost forgot how much /potential/ these charactres have...

That was a very refresing take on this usually-oh-so-sugary pairing. Very plausible, too. I kind of always expected them to end up like this... *sigh*
Kitian chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
I was so shocked when I read this. This, the way you portrayed Rinoa, is *exactly* how I see her relationship with Squall, and you have the magnificent eloquence to put it into words like this. I am so touched at the depth you gave her, and I am also happy that someone has been able to write about Squall/Rinoa's relationship in this kind of light (I would have tried to, but sadly I'm just not nearly as eloquent as you...it's not fair, I tell you!)
Aillanna-Took chapter 1 . 3/23/2003
I'm not positive about my assumption, but I'm going to pretend this was a Saifuu. If you'd rather I didn't, I won't. But in the meantime, I think it would make a very nifty Saifuu fic, especially with the bit:

"But I was just a silly little girl, playing with fire when I shouldn’t have been, too excited to stop, to blind to care..."
Quycksylver still lazy chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
Hm...depictions of Rinoa that give her at least *some* maturity and depth always...disturb me-as if something in the cosmos had gone sadly out-of-kilter. Having said that, I'll go on to say that I did like your view of Rinoa's and Squall's relationship. I always knew, myself, that it would never work. ::feels smug about being right::.
Baconfat chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Oh yeah! Excellent look at the Rinoa/Squall relationship, and it captures that sense of "this will NOT end well" that we're left with at the ending of the game. Grr, Rinoa, look what you've gotten yourself into. Very well portrayed conflict here - I especially like the hesitation at the very beginning.
Auria chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
Breathtaken. Took me to tears. I guess I could see exactly the way as whoever's POV this is. I've been through it all.

Amazing.
The Naive One chapter 1 . 11/25/2002
I like the conversational tone and the many layers of emotions. Interesting view of their relationship. Most of all, I could understand everything she feels. Reminds me of Brett in THE SUN ALSO RISES, although Rinoa is probably not very much like Brett. Just somewhat similar circumstances and feelings.

However, it seems that part of the title, war, is mentioned only in the quote. I see that she's at war with herself, but I think mentioning or at least alluding to the word again in some way might add to the piece. Maybe.

Overall, an enjoyable short read.