Reviews for Danny Phantom: Reconstructed
Kyrin Fireheart chapter 12 . 10/15
Great job with this story. I really like how you "adult'd" a kids show to make it fun and interesting. Especially how you chose a few of the darker problems that the show glosses over but portrayed them without triggering someone like me. I also like how you portrayed Jazz's PTSD. As someone with PTSD myself, I thought it was very well down without going too in-depth into how messy it can be. I've read a lot of stories that tried for the more realistic aspects but were overly specific which caused me not to be able to continue reading. Keep up the good work.
PhoenixBlaze123 chapter 12 . 10/4
I actually really like this story. Hope you find more interest in it.
docfrodo2 chapter 12 . 8/4
Great job!
MsFrizzle chapter 12 . 8/3
I had completely forgotten about Monkey and Agent Honeydew from Dexter's Lab. I admit I never thought about what she did beyond calling for Monkey.
When I heard the name Honeydew I thought of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant Beaker from the Muppets. Agent Honeydew's telepathic abilities fits perfectly into her job as an investigator for Global Security.

I thought their story seemed to hold together pretty well until Honeydew's powers and suspicions were revealed.
MsFrizzle chapter 6 . 8/3
I'm not sure why Danny did not tell his parents that he was still having ghostly symptoms even after his ghost-clone had been extracted. Even though Sam seems to be actively encouraging Danny's fears, his parents are not going to dissect him. They were concerned enough to take him to the hospital. The detail about that seem to have been left out. The doctors obviously thought something was wrong... but why? What did their findings show?
XenasBell chapter 12 . 8/2
'Portal to Hell' such a classy name for a ghost portal
Invader Johnny chapter 12 . 8/2
Agent Honeydew? Ok wow, I didn't remember her till you pointed out Dexter's Lab, I remember watching that cartoon cartoon, XD.

Anyway it would surprise me if Dexter eventually made an appearance or a cameo... Oh damn you now I'm hoping for that to happen, LOL.

Anyway Sam sure might have just unintentionally started a chain of events that might just put the Fenton family in the spotlight.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
Rakaan chapter 8 . 7/30
Found this story by chance and am greatly enjoying it!
MsFrizzle chapter 11 . 7/27
As a newcomer to this story, I've been delighted that you are continuing it. This story has so much that is fresh and original and I like the way you tackle the questions that are usually ignored.
MsFrizzle chapter 10 . 7/27
I thought the new use of Danny's catch phrase was cute.

You may have gotten ideas for your explanation of the box ghost from another source, but you made it your own. You have set up for Skulker and again I am ticked with the originality.

It's sort of nice to have a ghost that in ineffectual but I don't think he is so harmless in this case. If the Fentons hadn't found him, then those employees would have died a pretty horrible death.
MsFrizzle chapter 9 . 7/27
I've always thought Sam is a particularly difficult character to pull off realistically. I liked how you handled the conversation with Danny.

Maybe it is because I am older, but Mrs. Manson's concerns about the sleeping arrangements seem valid. Sam and Tucker's parents might also want to keep their kids close after their traumatic experiences though they might be persuaded that they need time together because of it. On the other hand the would rightfully hit the roof if they knew what they were really doing.
MsFrizzle chapter 8 . 7/27
Gasp! This chapter hits like a kick in the guts. I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't before. It is wonderfully thought out it brings up the unasked questions and fills the plot holes.
MsFrizzle chapter 7 . 7/27
Whoah! Where do I start? You are not kidding about this new version of the lunch lady. She is freaking-scary! You make good points that the sillier aspects of the show don't fit into this version. There certainly is a sharp learning curve for Danny learning to use his ghost powers.
I think I said it before, that I liked the way the thermos is not used without consequences, especially for Danny.

This is the first fic where Maddie seems to have a job working for a company rather than being self-employed. I like the way the Jack and Maddie are handled. Jazz who is usually shown as having complete confidence has been put into an impossible situation. Granted that is probably a reflection of Danny's point of view of his older sister, but this way makes her more human.
MsFrizzle chapter 5 . 7/27
The descriptions of the thermos and how it worked is also something that I thought was especially well done. It not only gave an explanation for how it worked but it made sense of the visual that us glossed over from the show. In particular, I am a fan of the idea that there is a cost to using the thermos as can be seen in how exhausted it makes Jack. It didn't seem to effect Maddie as much but I suppose that is because she is very fit.

I have to admit that I was surprised when Danny's ghost was simply extracted. I was rather expecting there to be some problem and finding that Danny and his ghost half were stuck. Since this obviously isn't the end of the story, I just have to wait and see what happened to Danny's ghost form.

I couldn't help but curl up inside at the thought of Danny taking the blame for all the further damage - or worse - the released ghosts might wreck. You know Danny will blame himself but his parents acknowledging the partial blame just seems to make me want to curl up and whimper. They are not wrong: grounding would be superfluous. It is refreshing that this story approaches everything with honesty.

I am very impressed with the interplay of family dynamics. I don't think I've ever seen it so well done as you show here the complexities of a real family in a time of crisis.
MsFrizzle chapter 4 . 7/27
I don't know why you say you can't write action scenes. They were great- they had me on the edge of my seat.

If I have any criticism, it is how in the midst of all the supernatural havoc, how Tucker just whipped up the solution and the which is then amazingly miraculously applied to make a ghost capturing device us rather unrealistic. Then again it does fit it with the style of the show and it is plot driven. It's not as if the plot leave room for them to go off and spend six months devising it.

This scene also established early on how they all work together and the each of them - including Tucker (who is often shortchanged) has a vital roll.