Reviews for A Croft Christmas
HeidiW chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
Okay, I'm a total sucker for these lovely vignettes - nothing much happens on the surface, but you paint such an immersive, intimate moment in Lara's life that that makes even the seemingly mundane such a joy to read.

Your work gives Lara an actual personality, a soul that is completely absent from Immortals; we as the readers feel like we're viewing the world through Lara's eyes rather than observing dispassionately from some high vantage point.

I don't know how you're going to salvage Lara's Christmas with Sam on the other side of the world but something tells me it's going to work out somehow :)
Guest chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
I just found out that to report a review for abuse, one must be signed in. Too bad. I hope a member does report that inconsiderate and hateful review below. It is always a wonder how people think that they have the right to judge. (Aren't I polite today? ;) )

So, back to topic; you rock! Simply. Wish the guys over at TR media hire you for plots and storylines. I am not the only one who is checking for updates from you every single day. For this story and for Easier to Run as well. Actually, anything you write is fine, but please keep the updates coming. It's holiday season after all.
Soph chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
ignore the "someone" who wrote that "You have taken Lara And screwed her image up into a unbelievable piece of crap". It's not true, this story is lovely and so is your writing. Hopefully you'll write more chapters. This fandom is so small that it is a reason to celebrate when someone takes the time to write something that is as entertaining as this fic.
guest chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
poor Sam, she was probably expecting a message from Lara.

I'm loving this fic :) I really like how you write and I hope you write more chapters
Guest chapter 2 . 12/8/2014
this story is great. i wanna read more of this
Guest chapter 2 . 12/7/2014
Well I wasn't expeting an update 'til tomorrow, but I'm very glad to be able to read à new chapter before I go to bed. It was such a lovely piece of writting really. I think I was grinning like an idiot the whole time. And daaaw that old lady was so adorable to Lara !
Anyway keep going with your stories, can't wait 'til next week !
Hastenus chapter 1 . 12/3/2014
As someone who enjoys your stories and your versions of the TR characters, the below review put me of considerably so much so that I had to make a response to it. Don't let it get to you at all. To me and many others, your stories are a piece of wonder and art with this one not being an exception. They are not a pile of garbage as a certain person suggests.
someone chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
You have taken Lara And screwed her image up into a unbelievable piece of crap. Your story is out of character you have rewritten her into a unreconizable fool. This is not Lara Croft. This is a little idiot stuck on a woman and that seems to be the central focus. To f*** her image up to make her a lesbian like no doubt are. Your writing style screams it. Now you try to change the character onto someone unrecognizable. This story sucks. So does you crap writing and style. Pervert!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Sam calls both Lara and that cutie from canada adorable. Slip of the tongue meaning Lara's reading too much into it? Does she even get stuck on Sam's choice of words?

Fabulous start. I also like how you wrote this into your story arc. Looking forward to the next chapters. By the way, are you taking a break from "Easier to run"? An update on that one would be awesome. Or I can start yet another reread :)
HeidiW chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Okay I can just tell this is going to be a treat - a Christmas present to all us Sam/Lara devotees :)

Once again you totally blow away the "canonical" writing featured in Ten Thousand Immortals - your prose allows we the readers to feel as though we're walking in Lara's shoes, indeed I can totally feel the warm snugness beneath the covers when Lara first awakes, and her complete heartbreak upon hearing of Sam's change of plans, utterly unlike the novel's prosaic passages.

You really tug at our collective heartstrings in this, what with Lara finally having a Christmas to look forward to...I really hope she salvages something out of it all...the girl is a magnet for bad luck, isn't she?

I read this lovely piece while listening to Lindey Stirling's Celtic Carol, a perfect combo to get one into the Christmas spirit :D
25 | « Prev Page 1 2