Reviews for Half a League Onward
Wicked Raygun chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Wow, this was great. A little surprised that Xander didn't clue into the idea that Ben was supposed to be dead, but I suppose it's plausible enough that Giles never told them he killed him.

In particular, I really loved Xander's speech to Halfrek about "making the world a better place". This was a great story. I really enjoyed it.
sweet co chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hey,

great summer-story! It was really interesting how halfrek and xander worked together (and how they bickered with each other); it was a nice little adventure. The best part of your story, however, were the little details, that foretold the events of season 7 and somehow showed them in a different light. You did that really subtle and elegant. Liked finding all the little easter eggs

have a good time writing, sweet greetings!
Dudly chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
“Maintenant je suis grossier, et je garde oublier de se baigner.”

The second part... doesn't make sense. I think you mean "I keep forgetting to bathe", but truly, it doesn't come out that way.

Try something along the line of, "et j'oublie toujours de prendre mon bain". Makes way more sense. xDD

I like the end, basically summing up why D'Hoffryn killed Hallie when Anya asked for him to take back her actions. -nods-

Dudly -xx-
Korilian chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
The French guy! "But he has a silly mustache and he smells funny!" Briliant that you wrote him into the fic. I was trying to translate what he was saying, trying to figure out wether he was a demon, when it hit me who he was! Absolutely hilarious!
Green Bunny Goddess chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
Aw Mike.::sniffles for poor belated Halfrek:: I loved the explanation for Hallie and Spike. The dialogue was superb, really. And I'm glad you didn't have something cheesy between Hallie and Xander. Very well done. But you knew I was going to say that.

::looks at other reviews::

You have a livejournal? Huh.

I'm working on The Warren again, have to reload all of your fics into The Warren. Just got a chance to read this one. Kick ass, you rule.
alliterator chapter 1 . 2/1/2003
mikelesq, I think this is one of your best works. After reading your explanation of the story and the title on your livejournal, I read it again and found it ripe with symbolism. The Xander/Halfrek chat and the Ben/Xander chat especially.

I seriously think you should write for ME.
Lizbeth Marcs chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
Fabulous. Just fabulous. Words fail.
a2zmom chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
Great story. Perfect characterizations, wonderful use of things to come in season 7 and not one wasted word!
amelia chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
good story! I love xan ;)
Angela M chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
very very cool!

Love the french (yes I could read it) and the fact that you had Spike quoting Lewis Carrol even cooler.

This was such a great little in between story, and I have to say I think my day was a little better for having read it. again wonderful.

the characters were dead on, loved crazy spike, unforgiving xander and heck I love Hallie so any Halfrik story is good in my books.

Angela
HonorH chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Words cannot describe! What a terrific story. I love the way you took all the little threads ME left on the floor and wove this story around them-Anya's Frenchman, the Crimean War, "Cecily", Halfrek's death, etc. This really feels like a missing episode. Wonderful Spike and Morphy cameos, too, very much in keeping with what we've seen onscreen. Love your characterizations of Xander and Halfrek, terrific dialogue, great action, all the usual superlatives! This shows why you're one of my favorites. Looking forward to whatever you write next!
Teri chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Very nice! You left a lot of possibilities, do you plan to continue? I really hope so. You did a really good job on this piece. Of course, you do a good job on all of your stories!
Estepheia chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
"The sensitive poet and the savage vampire were both before her, but they had bled into each other and made something...different." - Like it!

Very smart, funny, full of surprises, perfect character voices.
Jane McCartney chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
That was... kinda odd sometimes. I liked it! Ben being there? What a trip! Write more, sequels or not. I liked your writing.