Reviews for A Green Growing Thing
zazanga chapter 30 . 4/30
My poor heart almost couldn't take this poetic masterpiece.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 30 . 5/26/2017
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 5/26/2017
Guest chapter 30 . 3/4/2017
I loved it! I really did! It was so real and felt so true! But in the end it broke my heart!
I wish for you to consider writing an extra shot of what became to the two of them in the Undying Lands.
Sola chapter 30 . 2/17/2017
Beautiful story!
Guest chapter 30 . 8/26/2016
Noooooooo... It's so bittersweet, they acknowledged their feelings too late... That's so beautiful yet so incredible sad...
I still love this fic though, the way you portrayed Tauriel and how you made her childhood was great. I wish I could've seen more of their relationship.
That Elf Girl chapter 30 . 7/27/2016
I recently came across this fic on AO3, incomplete, and felt like I'd found a diamond buried in my backyard when I discovered the complete version here. :) Your writing is stylistically very beautiful, and I love what you've done with Tauriel's backstory! This may just be my favorite take on how she became the warrior who had enough sympathy for a wounded young dwarf to risk banishment for him and enough healing talent to save his life. This is also one of the best characterizations of Tauriel I've ever read. The way she thinks, the way she talks . . . it's just so in character with what we're shown in the movie trilogy! Same goes for Thranduil, who is also spot-on.

If I have any criticism of this fic, it would be that it's too short. I wish we could see the Tauriel/Thranduil relationship more fully developed. But, at the same time, I appreciate that this is a fic told through a series of shorter vignettes, and I like that about it, too. Still, I wish you'd write more for this pairing! Here's hoping that you will! :)
moonlightaurasky chapter 30 . 5/26/2016
Beautiful! A wonderful story that justifies the title! The unrequited love that she feels for her King is so wonderfully explained... Simply adore it..
Silvara chapter 30 . 12/10/2015
Wow. This fanfiction is...it has been long, episodic, and there is a tiny part of my existence that is ending along with it. The ending is technically frustrating but emotionally satisfying...thank you for sharing. c:
MegKY chapter 30 . 12/6/2015
They acknowledge each other's feelings too late. Would Legolas' mother be in the Undying Lands? If so then their love must also be left on Middle Earth as they go back to their loved ones and find rest at last. And so the story ends. It's bittersweet and I loved reading it.
glassary chapter 30 . 12/5/2015
What a bittersweet ending, they open their hearts on the moment of the journey to the west.
Makes me wonder what will become of them in the Undying Lands. Like to think somehow their love un duress.
Loved this story.
Katla chapter 30 . 12/5/2015
THE FIC IS COMPLETE.

And it's making me emotional. The journey of this story, the wonderful filling out you've done of Tauriel's backstory - it's all been great. And the exploration of Thranduil as well! This was beautifully done from start to finish.

Chapter 29...oh, my heart. Anything that examines the element of sadness in love always hits me like a spear in the chest. Love can be so uncontrollable, which can be either supremely romantic or supremely tragic. Tauriel was experiencing both sides of that coin. I love this idea explored in the context of Middle-Earth, particularly with the Elves. The Elves are so sorrowful, and they love so deeply. I was just reading earlier today about Elven marriage and how it was a joining of minds and spirits as well as hearts, which was why Elves often died of grief if their spouses died...romantic love was so intense for Elves. So this chapter caused me pleasant pain when I read it!

I also loved the friendship of Legolas and Gimli being mentioned in this chapter! One of my favorite brotps ever.

Chapter 30! The chapter of Thranduil's kindness! What a finish after so many years of Tauriel experiencing his coldness, his distance! Your descriptions of the sea and its call to Tauriel were just lovely. You took an interesting character from the Hobbit movies and made her REAL in this. I enjoyed reading this fic so much!

Congratulations on finishing! I can't wait to go share this on Tumblr. :)
Guest chapter 30 . 12/5/2015
OH MY GOOOOOOD! Finally! There's nothing so touching and beautiful as hand kiss; there's something so loving and honoring in it. Wonderful! I absolutely love this story!

angstea
Megan chapter 30 . 12/5/2015
OH MY GOD that's so beautifully written and wonderfully done!
Red Dragon10 chapter 30 . 12/5/2015
Ahhhh...*is satisfied* It feels soooo good to have an ending to a chapter like that. Thank you. That was blissful. Thank you for keeping up with this story!