Reviews for Eclipse
Cylor chapter 4 . 1/28
I thought I'd posted an "official" review for this at some point...? Gah, what an oversight!

Anyway, as I've told you on more than one occasion, I think this is the single best thing you've ever written. The deep exploration of Ahsoka's character is, of course, the driving force for the entire story, and is extremely satisfying. But the thing that really jumps out at me, personally, is your depiction of Vader. It is, quite simply, one of the absolute best I've ever seen outside of the movies themselves. And the most remarkable thing about it is how perfectly in-character it is for both Anakin Skywalker AND Darth Vader. That's no small feat.

Quite an accomplishment, my friend!
Air Force Muffin chapter 4 . 1/5/2016
Wow. This story is incredible. I couldn't stop reading it. You captured Ahsoka and Vader perfectly in character. Great job with your OC's, as well. They seem like compelling characters. This piece of writing is really, really good.
Righteousham chapter 4 . 2/7/2015
Hello and good day,

I'm fairly disconnected from the fandom so I'm not sure how well liked Ahsoka is overall, but I've found her a fascinating addition to the canon for a multitude of reasons. It may be personal bias on my part, but I can't help but feel as if the inevitable confrontation between Vader and his erstwhile apprentice is a highly anticipated moment.

With that thought in mind, I came to see what others had imagined that moment might be like. Yours was the first story I came across. I enjoyed your take on the moment (as well as the story surrounding it) and was even surprised some of your idea's lined up with my own thoughts.

I, like many others, tend to separate the characters of Anakin and Vader. However, unlike many I know, this isn't done because of any inherent dislike of the prequels. My thinking on this goes to what Obi-wan once told Luke; namely that when Anakin turned to the dark side he ceased to be, and Darth Vader took his place. I hold this to be true, however, unlike Obi-wan I don't think this was a complete heel-turn. It was a gradual process, one that took decades as Vader distanced himself further from his old life. This is a rather long-winded way of explaining that I believe you've absolutely nailed Vader's character, here displayed at the midpoint of his journey, between where we knew him in Revenge and his appearance in Hope.

(As a brief aside I find it hilarious that my spellchecker recognized the names Darth Vader and Obi-wan, but not Anakin.)

Every line of dialogue he spoke I could here coming out in that deep, rhythmic baritone, and that is the highest compliment I can give in regards to his characterization.

Ahsoka of course is the star of this piece, and I feel you've done a great job in taking her from the low point when last we saw her and extrapolating a older wiser and perhaps more cynical version. I loved her sarcastic quips in the face of Vader's near monolithic presence. I loved her running internal monologue and her desire to fight the empire, in whatever small way she felt capable. I especially liked her observation on the Jedi basically fleeing into exile and waiting while the galaxy ticked down to Armageddon. This is all especially damning in the face of what we know from the prequels-ah, no I'm getting off-topic.

The conversation between Vader and Ahsoka was the highlight of the entire story for me, and every word of it was perfect in my opinion. What struck me most was in how he was essentially telling the truth of things. Much in the way that Sidious had done with Anakin years earlier, he was using truth to hide a greater lie. However, in his case I felt he was probably more genuine in his offer than Palpatine ever had been. While the idea of Ahsoka and Vader teaming up to destroy the emperor has a strong pull for me, I feel having her reject the offer was the right choice.

The last chapter obviously had two objectives, and I think you achieved both. Firstly, it held the much need falling action and slowed pacing that was necessary after what had been a series of increasingly stressful encounters for our heroine. Secondly, it was rather blatant sequel bait. Though I do agree with your author's note: anything beyond this would be another story.

A story, I might add, that you should consider writing. Ahsoka's foreshadowed second showdown with Vader and how her (and his) fate turns on that encounter is too well established here for you to leave us hanging. Also, I'd like to see her speak with the remnants of the High Council, because she's right, they do owe her an explanation.

Yes, this is a story I shall go back to in the future. Especially if Ahsoka's fate is forever left hanging, or worse, handled poorly.

Keep writing.
TCWRules chapter 4 . 2/6/2015
Agh! Don't stop now!
The Night Hunter chapter 4 . 2/6/2015
Seriouslly?! Come on dude! THis story had so much great potential! Don't end it like that, there's so muhc more to do, if you look for inspiration you can add the SW:Rebels into the mix and there you go a perfect material for the story!
Akuma Kawashima chapter 3 . 2/1/2015
Wow, I really enjoyed your story! The realization Ahsoka made towards the end made me tear up a little bit. I wish that these two would make some kind of encounter in future episodes of Star Wars Rebels or even the movies. Personally, I think Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship is one of the strongest in the series. They have a bond stronger than friendship but it doesn't go into romanticism like his relationship with Padme. It's more of a familial relationship like the one he has with Obi-wan except stronger. Anyway, I better stop before I go into a full-blown discussion. Thanks for writing!
TCWRules chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
This kind of exchange is when Vader is at his most compelling - evil but speaking with a brutal simple honesty that elevates him above those hypocritical self-righteous Jedi. Great work.

My only feedback would be to avoid riffing on well known movie dialog - it takes me out of the story. Keep the character's lines original so that the scene remains theirs. Yes, I know that canon Star Wars does this a lot but it's a habit it would do well to break.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
Amazing!
Guest chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
Whoa, this is deep. Do continue.
RazorX chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
Great job dude, frigging perfect! I almost wished Vader joined Ahskoka need moar!
RazorX chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
HEck can't wait to see what;s next!
RazorX chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Yes another Vader/Ahsoka story! keep it going!
The Night Hunter chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
Wow really epic chapter here, love the fight and the angst perfectly done, great job I hope that they met again soon because I would really like to see them working again togheter but with Ahsoka still on the light side, and slowly bringing Vader back to light. Also it would be cool to see some other Jedi too.
Again splendid work.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/16/2014
Kick-ass Ahsoka. Like it!
The Night Hunter chapter 2 . 12/14/2014
Good start I like it, hope to see more soon