Reviews for After the Boggart
Maria1432 chapter 2 . 11/14
This was absolutely precious and I want more of it
chloe chapter 2 . 10/24
i love this wtf
never knew i needed a neville - severus mentor ship but holy hell i do
guest chapter 2 . 9/12
Marvelous.

Your version of Snape's reaction to the Boggart incident and his reflection about it is much more in character than Rowling's. You have spun from that premise a lovely and touching story which is unusual and yet seems inevitable given the characters and situation.

Doesn't hurt that it kills off Riddle in fourth year, either.

I especially enjoyed your recognition that a Herbology geek just ~had~ to have ~some~ affinity for Potions just as a Potions geek had to be intimately acquainted with Herbology, else he couldn't ~be~ a Potions geek. Snape's familiarity with the language of flowers was also inevitable given his first first-day question. Fine touches all.

I can't properly express how much joy this story brought me. Many, many thanks!

(BTW, Some of the reviewers' Patronus comments puzzled me. I thought of the doe's affection as being Lily's for her son, not for his revolting father; but then, I loathe James Potter and am positively allergic to Snape-torture.

(FWIW, I've always wondered how canonical Snape, who was himself abused, could have missed the signs in HP no matter how much he'd hated JP - not least since Snape knew Petunia. He'd have been acutely sensitive to such signs in any student and determined to help that student in any way he could. As you point out by his query to Neville about Occlumency, he couldn't do so openly for dork HP, who - provably - couldn't keep a secret when his life quite literally depended on it.)
Lorde Shadowz chapter 1 . 7/23
Also, I liked the Herbology message, and Sevvie humming the Star Wars theme song is PRICELESS!
Lorde Shadowz chapter 2 . 7/23
This is spectacular. Severus mentoring Neville, Severus helping save the world, Severus saving Neville, Severus making up with Sirius...all of it was great! I also loved the double patronus scene and the FleurSinistra pairing {which is seriously hot, by the way; you're the first one I've ever seen to write it} Wonderful job! :) I love how the boggart was the catalyst for such a heartwarming fix. Wish this was canon...
FiberBard chapter 2 . 6/21
This is awesome! I don't think I've ever come across a fic that acknowledged that Neville fearing Severus more than anything should make Severus step back and look at how he's treating Neville. Most enjoyable story.
funstm chapter 2 . 5/29
Okay I've seen many Granger as Harry's secret protector. Obviously a billion with Snape. But I have never before come across a Neville protector. Or such a great Neville/Snape friendship. This is fantastic. I loved it.
Kawisdom chapter 2 . 2/25
Maybe, if you ever felt the urge to add to this, you could deal with Uncle Algy (and maybe Augusta, who really turned a blind eye to far too much). Just wishing. I can't help imagining the collective shock once Severus starts teaching the way he's always wanted to. It'd be fun to see.
PollyWantCookie chapter 2 . 12/9/2019
Nice idea for a story, pretty unique, too. I think you've kept both Snape and Neville fairly in-character, and I enjoyed their dynamic. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/18/2019
This is amazing
KashianXanthe chapter 2 . 9/3/2019
I really enjoyed this mentoring fic as well as the ending. Nicely written.
Kawisdom chapter 2 . 8/14/2019
Sadly, you're right. The canon plot ended when you rid the world of Voldemort so efficiently. You managed to strike a fine balance between the man Snape is and the man he has to be to be an effective spy. Who wouldn't be disgusted that they'd terrified a child so badly? It's amazing that he found a way to reach out to Neville. And look how well it worked out! Neville grew so much that he managed to help save the wizarding world. His own life was saved in turn and he's much happier. Even Harry's life is better because Severus decided he needed to treat Neville better.
If you were to think of some story to continue this timeline it would probably be a good one and worth reading. I just suspect it might be more a buddy story about Severus and Sirius, with either them chasing the boys for some reason or the boys (young men?) trying to track them down.
moodysavage chapter 2 . 8/6/2019
The second chapter is just as wonderful! I love how the storyline developed and that Severus saved Neville. Now both their lives can include someone who genuinely cares. Wonderful.
moodysavage chapter 1 . 8/6/2019
This is so wonderful! I love how Severus helped Neville and how those subtle changes helped Neville gain confidence in himself. And I'm so glad someone knows Severus isn't an evil, mean person.
SB chapter 2 . 7/25/2019
I'm pretty sure I said this before, but I love this story.