Reviews for Worldwar: Missionaries Down to Earth
Lorca chapter 15 . 9/23/2016
I've read your various "Worldwar:" series, but I have to say I find this one of the more interesting ones.
EJean chapter 11 . 5/23/2016
Awwww, poor Lucy! Everyone hates her (and so do I, sort of)
EJean chapter 15 . 3/19/2016
I came into this thinking "Oh no, another 15 chapter rant on how all Christians are all idiots and hatemongers. Hip-hip-hurrah."
Thank goodness you didn't do THAT. It would have been the end of an amazing series for me. I've always wanted to read the Worldwars books but was never able to find them (or bug my Mom and Dad into buying them for me!) so this has been a nice taste.
I love this series.
PascalDragon chapter 1 . 3/3/2016
(this is meant as a review for the final chapter, but it seems you cleaned up a bit, so I can't post a review for that anymore...)
Yay, a new chapter! And the last one of this story... It's of course a bit of a pity, but I loved all those wrap up you gave here, inserting quite some character development for some through these letters. Earth is very well messed up these missionaries. ;)
Thank you for writing this and I'm looking forward to what the future will bring :D (I take it we will see some of the characters aside from Livia again?)
Flameraven chapter 15 . 3/3/2016
I really do not like that women, but I think that might have been the point.

Lucy got married to a Baptist?! Lol!

They keep saying that Islam's God isn't the same as the others two major monotheistic religions, I wonder why. So far as I know Islam is the "thirteenth tribe" of Israel, but that has never been my major point of study.

If anything the god of the old testament, that of the Jews, and the one of the Christians could be seen as different gods as well even with our direct decent from Judaism, as one is 'A wrathful God, and a Jealous God' and the other is "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son"

It is the same God, yet...

I wonder if anyone of these missionaries might think THAT is how the "three in one" works? God for the Jews, Jesus for the Christians and The Holy Spirit for Islam? It would be wrong yes, but I could see how an out sider trying to make since of just these three religions interactions could come to that conclusion.
Guest 1099 chapter 15 . 3/2/2016
Almost forgot to talk about the cliffhanger (beyond cruel).
Here is my theory on who knocked on the Colonials door:
My first thought was Lucian Alliance - but besides the fact you said it wasn't them. I don't think they would have been much of a challenge anyways. The balance destroyed ended with the Terrans declaring war with them and I don't think they would have stood a chance.

My second thought was the Ga'ould (can't remember how it was spelled) - but in this chapter you kinda alluded that the Terrans were not as concerned about them as they were about other threats and Tyberi was warning about some other threat that was coming. Which I admit I was not expecting, I thought this story was building toward a war between two equally dangerous entities. The Terrans and their allies on one side and the new Ga'oulds on the other - representing a much bigger threat since they are united and seemed to have learned from the mistakes of the System Lords. From Livia's reaction - it could still be them but I think less likely.

My third theory was that it's the Ori. Which is by far my favorite theory- whether or not that's where you're going. Religious nut job vs Religious nut job 2. How much fun will that be? I thought the Ori because of some of the previous chapter where you had a fleet exploring and they came across something they couldn't explain. I figured that was a supergate and as far as I know the Ori are the only ones who us those so... I was really sure this was it and I could barely contain my excitement over the Colonials getting a taste of their own medicine. Plus the Ori are pretty badass as far as challenging threat goes to this galaxy. But after a few re-reads of this chapter and taking into account your other stories - I'm having second thoughts. All Livia had to do was look at the first page to start praying - which means instant recognition.

Which leads me to my fourth and final theory - its the RACE! This story was always a supplement to your main story the Balance. Book 2 ended with the Race getting in shape to eventually get revenge for what the Colonials did to their world. So it's not farfetched assume you're going to begin Book 3 with Colonials vs the Race - take 2. Although, a year is too small a time for anyone, never mind a specie like the Race, to become such a threat (time dilation?). Plus you did say that this story was initially suppose to be between the Race and the Colonials so ... Yeah I'm putting down all my money on this!

Anyway can't wait to see where you take this story next. Always a pleasure
Guest 1099 chapter 15 . 3/2/2016
Great to see you're back. It's always a pleasure to read anything you write.

Ok so I really liked this chapter, even thought it was more of a summary and that cliffhanger (that was just cruel and unusual punishment - please take mercy on us soon!).

I understand why you used the format you did - and it was, of course, beautifully done - but there were a few sections where I would have loved to 'see' it happen. Like what in the world happened to Lucy? Last time we read about her, she was one of the most stubborn, blind and bigoted missionaries. And now she's married to a Terran! She was the last person I would have predicted to see the 'light' as it were. To know her thought process would have been nice but you certainly covered that with the partial conversion (to the truth) of Tyberi. Oh man, I was honestly expecting Elosha, Luke and maybe Julian to be the only ones to even consider that the Terrans might be telling the truth. But I guess when presented with a mountain of evidence, it would take a special kind of stupid to call it the lies of heathens. If the missionaries can see reason, guess there is hope for the Colonials yet.

As to Lucy - I can kinda see where she's coming from. Providing proof that a religion is false is destructive - especially to a society that has their government and religious body so intertwined. I'm taking a philosophy class and my professor asked us this question that I don't have an answer for: "Would you want to know if there was proof that God is not real?"

Anyways I'm going to stop with my ramblings and just finish by saying: amazing chapter and cannot wait to go back to the world you created!
OMAC001 chapter 15 . 3/2/2016
Looks like the #$# just keeps pilling on the Colonials!
kalani.gapido chapter 15 . 3/1/2016
Welcome back, its like having an old friend coming home! I am kinda Sad we have used this method of jumping one year ahead but with the break you had it is for the best so we can progress back onto the main story. First of all it seemed extremely plausible in the what if universe especially in the state of affairs today. There is without of a doubt that there is so much knowledge for them to handle that they could not avoid but succumb to Earth. That cliffhanger at the end would be exciting to see how that turns out...Not good but probably be a business deal.
Paul N chapter 15 . 3/1/2016
Well done, AlbertG. I look forward to book IV and V. Very good writing and pacing. You have not given us the last piece of the puzzle and how the big picture comes together. We will we waiting.
doctor chocolate thunder chapter 15 . 3/1/2016
Great chapter. This story is so different than anything else written here. I absolutely love the religious angle you have taken. Great characters and development. Looking forward to more.
Chronus1326 chapter 15 . 3/1/2016
You continue to impress and regale us all with your storytelling. This chapter was very well written. Towards the end there is a discrepency about who killed their own daughter. I got the impression that Ursula killer her daughter because she didn't like the way she followed the Lords of Kobol, correct?

Also, so was it the Lucian Alliance that found the Colonies, or was that Livia's guess regarding who-did-find-us? I can't wait for more! I also can't wait to get back to the story regarding The Race!
Unca Bob chapter 15 . 3/1/2016
Very interesting. What new things await?
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 15 . 2/29/2016
Cool.
Yorkierose chapter 15 . 2/29/2016
Excellent ending although there so much left undone from earlier parts of the series of stories. I!m really looking forward to a new part to this ongoing saga. Hope they haven't been contacted by the Aschen or someone like that!