Reviews for A Great Big World
Both gh/vi and gh/er
gabelou1991 chapter 5 . 4/3/2016
J"aime bien.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/2/2016
Keep this on a Gohan/Videl pairing. And get him to teach her about Ki 's gonna need the training.
Jsksbalansikdskabshd chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
I think it's great so far. The characters are written well and aren't stereotyped like other stories. I'm really liking the way it's turning out and I hope you haven't abandoned it. I'm looking forward to the next one. Good luck.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/13/2015
Pound Sign... I need air bro...
BBLimits chapter 5 . 3/4/2015
Great fic, I love it.
The characters weren't stereotyped, and there wasn't bashing - Erasa wasn't just the dumb blonde friend, Sharpner wasn't just a jock, Videl had a good idea of the meaning of personal space and so on. I can't quite tell you how grateful I'm for that.
The story flows nicely, and I think you portrayed everybody well.
I particularly loved the relationship between Gohan and Goku (and Vegeta, and Bulma).
Thank you for writing, I hope to see more of this story.
UltimateGohan42 chapter 5 . 1/22/2015
This is some great writing. Fantastic job so far. Keep it up!
Tylerian chapter 5 . 1/15/2015
I feel you're going to scare off people with your supercilious author's notes. Also, by repetitively telling us that it could end up either with the OTP or the OFP you give people the sensation of being led on, despite telling them not to feel that way. Additionally, I personally believe I have an open mind to most things, but the fact there's a strong chance gohan will end up with erasa and not either with videl, someone else or simply not fall in love at all has greatly prompted me to stop reading. Especially with "50/50" proclamation you made. If you're wondering as to why I seem to be against erasa, it's not that she's a 'dumb blonde' ( I personally hold umbrage for those statements) but rather her character does not lend itself well to following that path, and additionally pushes the likeliness of videl and sharpener having a relationship from 0 to an actual percentage! (Blek) Hopefully you'll take your fans input since it appears your no longer following a pre planned plot. It would be a shame for another story to die, and be forgotten but to pull people in only to be disappointed and disheartened. Tylerian
Noip13 chapter 2 . 1/10/2015
This is refreshing, in every sense of the word. The characters aren't caricatures of themselves, Gohan is acting like- well, Gohan, but he's not letting himself be walked all over. He's got an excuse for most of the problems that pop up in transport.

Seriously, this is how I WISH every highschool gohan fic went. It is so sensible and realistic…

Constructive criticism: The writing could be better. I've spotted some grammar errors, and the writing is awkward in some places. Other than that, good job so far!
mentalkid chapter 5 . 1/8/2015
Nice fic. I personally love Eresa/Gohan just cos i like eresa better and she just provides a different taste than the gun-ho fighter that Videl brings but then you can use the Videl/Gohan pairing to develop Videl more as a character. I hope Gohan doesn't go full saiyaman but it looks like Gohan isn't a total idiot this time, so less cringy.
Dyton chapter 5 . 1/4/2015
So the superhero saga is about to begin.

I definitely liked your build up for this saga, and feel it was handled rather well into why he wants to go incognito.

Now something I wanted to address, you are well aware that any reporter would have to travel through the dinosaur infested 439 area to get to the Son home. They would have to deal with Chichi, which if anyone asks Mr. Shu is a nightmare in the making. Finally 'no political or economical power', you do know you are talking about the royalty of Frying Pan mountain (or the Ox-Kingdom which ever you prefer.) No political power ...please.

Aside from that, I definitely liked the dynamic between Vegeta and Gohan.
Dyton chapter 4 . 1/2/2015
I'll start with the AN at the end. Personally I'm not stranger to other pairing for Gohan. However I do preach that the author shouldn't try to force a happy ending for everyone, as in that everyone must be paired by the end. Especially when the pairing is something as weird as Sh/V. To me that has always weird-ed me out. I'm not telling you who should be paired with Gohan, but that is just my opinion. Take it, leave it, it's your choice.

I'm still laughing at how Gohan kicked the bad guys for his jelly doughnut. That doughnut has been avenged! I think it was pretty amazing how menacing Gohan was in that last scene. I was at the edge of my seat waiting for Gohan to let it rip on that thug on the floor. I was only slightly disappointed that Erasa stopped him, but I hope his dark persona will be transferred to his new alter ego.

Keep it up.
Dyton chapter 3 . 1/2/2015
That last 'professional' remark should have been done with heavy sarcasm. I mean really...

And that boys and girls is the reason you never get in between a person with Saiyan blood and food. The end result is always the same. Someone will get sent flying through the air.

I liked the chapter.
Gold1992 chapter 5 . 12/29/2014
Story is good so far. i like the Gohan you make here.
His interaction with the other people ad school doesn't feels like it is forced on him. And he is innocent like a Goku... ok not SO innocent. He knows what a girl is after all. Nice idea with the CC thing, not so much of an fan of him starting at the bottom, but better then making him smarter then Bulma already is.
Only problem i got here is Chapter 4 the end.
Goku would be ashamed for Gohan to take out the bad guy? sounds like the false and sick hero picture of Superman and Batman, no killing and let the bad guys coming back just to let them kill more people and they can play hero again (and the normal people believing them, ok maybe they deserve to be killed all the time.).
But Goku was different, he believed that every one should have an chance to prove they are good, but if they don't take the chance, he was ready to take them down. Like the RR Army, or Tao (and yes, kicking a grenade in the face of a man is killing him, or trying to kill him. And the DBZ villains not to forgot.)
Question, will you bring other chars of DB or DBZ in? like filler chars or other Chars of the day? Old WMT fighter or so?
SuperSaiyajin4Vegeta chapter 5 . 12/28/2014
Minor detail, but I might as well mention it, with all that muscle, Gohan would weigh significantly over 200lbs if he was 5'11".