Reviews for Close calls
Mrs. Rilla Ford chapter 4 . 4/12/2016
I absolutely adore the way you combined Miss Fisher's with It Happened One Night! That movie is hilarious (especially that scene), and I'm excited to find someone else who appreciates it! I think the only thing missing is a follow-up chapter with a horn and some tumbling walls of Jericho... :D
JustMeMusing chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
Nice little series of stories. I love the old B & W movies too!
DeeDeeHDG chapter 4 . 8/15/2015
Just found this series of gems. Great short stories, fun to read!
Thanks,
Hypatia200 chapter 4 . 3/8/2015
Thanks for these stories. They were all lovely and i hope you write some more!
RCGgymratmom chapter 4 . 12/14/2014
Interesting scenes!
MartiniMelba75 chapter 4 . 12/14/2014
I haven't seen the movie but I enjoyed this one. It's very funny and entertaining. Thank you. More of these please!
RosalitaW chapter 4 . 12/14/2014
Ha ha! one of my favorites too! was watching the lady vanishes this weekend and also thinking of our beloved couple; their banter and humor have such a legacy and are so much fun, whatever the time and situation. thanks for the translation, was very much fun!
izzyandlouie chapter 4 . 12/14/2014
These are a lot of fun. I could imagine Jack and Phryne playing this out. 'Hubby, dear' !
izzyandlouie chapter 3 . 12/11/2014
I don't know about Jack but I could hardly say the words let alone remember them. That was fun.
"Hello beautiful Phryne" - much as I imagine a slightly tipsy Jack would be...sweet and romantic. As for silly or dangerous, please feel free to do both.
BritishMidget chapter 3 . 12/11/2014
How about both? We can always ask. I really enjoyed it. Thankyou
davidandbillie chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
Go for it! It's only fiction after all!
CollingwoodGirl chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
Fortunately for our a Inspector, he is very hard-headed! Phryne was right, once the patter song is in there, it's in for good! Awesome. Loved the subconscious slips, too: my love; beautiful. And, I agree with the lovely RosalitaW, silly & dangerous can definitely 't wait to see what your creativity brings us next!
MartiniMelba75 chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
In his concussive state, Jack singing the patter song from the Pirates of Penzance. LOL! This is hilarious and very clever. I love this. Go for the silly one. Really well written!
RosalitaW chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
oh, those patter songs... Very silly and very enjoyable, as is the danger... your call, of course, but think they can coexist...
izzyandlouie chapter 2 . 12/10/2014
I loved their banter as they remembered past escapades. Looking forward to the next close call.