Reviews for One of the Maverick Boys
Deana chapter 10 . 9/5/2015
Great conversation with Bret! All Bart needed was a different perspective! :-)
Deana chapter 8 . 9/5/2015
Sweet chapter with the brothers! Bart really is lucky to have Bret! :-)
Deana chapter 12 . 9/5/2015
Omg, what a perfect epilogue! I love how you wrote Beau; an understanding good man! Fantastic story!
Deana chapter 11 . 9/5/2015
Wow, what a relief! Good thinking, taking Bart there to get closure on this whole situation!
Deana chapter 9 . 9/5/2015
Poor Bart! I can understand why he wants to stay home.
Deana chapter 7 . 9/5/2015
I'm so glad that Bart finally got to talk about everything and not have to hold it in anymore! What a relief for him!
Deana chapter 6 . 9/5/2015
Sorry I disappeared for so long! Poor Bart, I can feel his anxiety!
MaverickLover2 chapter 12 . 8/15/2015
I am so glad you wrote a last chapter and an epilogue. They were both absolutely perfect, and I didn't realize how much both were needed until I'd read them. I will be so broken-hearted if you don't write more Maverick work - we need it out there. And what you've written is so good!

Please, please more soon!
MaverickLover2 chapter 11 . 8/12/2015
Boy was I surprised to see another chapter. But I'm sure glad I did. This sits a whole lot better with me, and I like the way it played out. It was satisfying to see Bart take a step into manhood, and on his own. Waiting anxiously for the epilogue, and really glad for this chapter!
TSAStormShadow chapter 10 . 6/22/2015
Bart was stronger than he thought all along. Just took the most foolish thing to bring it out of him. Like how Pappy set him up with Bret. He knew Bret's charm would get through Bart's hard head. Even without trying to hard. Just by being what it means to be a Maverick. Maverick is the name!
MaverickLover2 chapter 10 . 6/22/2015
What a great story! Makes a whole lot of sense, considering what we saw onscreen from the Maverick boys. And I love the way you unfolded things through the whole story. Much better Pappy than what we got on tv! I certainly hope to read more about the Maverick boys from PsychedelicCowgirl. It kept me interested and involved the whole way. Bravo!
TSAStormShadow chapter 9 . 5/27/2015
Bart I figure is more like his mother with his sensitive side. But He best suck it up and face the town because I'm sure while their mother was caring she was also married to Pappy. So she would had to of been a strong woman to put up with him. ;)
MaverickLover2 chapter 9 . 5/26/2015
Ah, Bart. The older you get, the more complicated life becomes. Especially when you're the youngest son in a well-known family with a reputation that you don't want to live up to. Swallow your medicine, son, and get it over with. The bitter taste will go after a while.

This is the Bart I've always known was there. More complex and introspective than Bret or Pappy, more easily hurt, more quick to love. I love the way you write him; this story has been so revelatory. I can't wait for more!
Kirarakim chapter 8 . 5/6/2015
Fantastic story, I loved how you took an aspect from the show (the characters lack of drinking) and developed a rich back story for the characters. The chemistry between Pappy, Bart, and Bret was also wonderful.

I sincerely hope this won't be your last Maverick story
TSAStormShadow chapter 8 . 5/4/2015
I think Bart understands it's not the end of his world. But they are all now closer. Bret and Pappy will always have his back. ;). No matter how big a fool he makes of himself.