Reviews for Unexpected
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 8/16
oh nice! love it!
Levade chapter 1 . 3/26
I had vague hopes that the movies would take up this episode from TOS, at least the disease, and explore it in the AU verse. Because to me it holds the seeds of what is important - friendship, discovery, acceptance that some things are too large to comprehend and cannot be solved, and dangit. I just want more of McCoy with his two best friends. To me that's what always made the series. I grew up watching the re-runs with my older brothers and love the new films for different reasons. But the old McCoy will probably always be my favorite. Grumpy, touchy as all get out, and brilliant. Gotta love him. And this was great too - interesting mix of the old and new. More love to Ambassador Spock (rest in peace, old friend) who, once again, saved the day. Thank you for sharing!
mi guard chapter 1 . 12/9/2016
Great story. Very nice writing. Hope you will write more
mrspencil chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
And...you nailed this one as well:-)
Had not read much Trek fic for a long time...so pleased I looked again:-)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/9/2016
Aww, bless "Old Spock." Poor fellow, the memories that must spring to mind when new Spock speaks the name of that illness! Even now and even though it's not technically "his" McCoy who's dying, he can't bear to let him die, even if he has to bend what another reviewer called "his own Prime Directive."
ThePro-LifeCatholic chapter 1 . 9/27/2016
Oh, man. These just get better and better. Your illustrations of the reboot crew are just as in-character and spot-on as your interpretations of the TOS crew (although they really are practically the same in their core essence). And I loved the Xenopolycythenia story-line from the original series. You definitely did it a reboot-worthy justice. :)
HeronS chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
Haha I suspect that Spock Prime will follow his own personal Time Prime Directive with about the same dedication as the original crew did the real prime directive... :)
CactusNoir chapter 1 . 12/15/2015
OUO I LOVE IT! FLIBBIN AWESOME and adorable and everything. Thank you. I love old spock and new spock and everything alternate and the same.
Aini NuFire chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Really enjoyed this! Characterizations felt great to me, and I loved Spock's solution along with the "In the future, you might consider conversation." The reboot films haven't explored Spock's and Bones's friendship yet, so I like reading it in fan fics.
Sentinelle chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
A very good story, with humorous and surprising moments! I love the relationship between McCoy and Spock.
I just know the first season of TOS, and the two films (2009 and 2014); in your story, have you made allusion at an episode I don't know?
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 6/24/2015
Learnt a new word in the first sentence :) My Trek knowledge is so rusty these days.

You've captured these characters to perfection. I've read some book published fic that doesn't get the characterisation as well as you do.

Excellent story, good conclusion, enjoyed it muchly :)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
I love this story! I like the realizations you had McCoy come to. I love it that it isn't just a rehashing of the TOS episode but a permutation that allows McCoy to learn and grow from what's happened.
aubra chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
Love this. Love this. Love this so much. Conversation vs brandy. Reactions & actions. McCoy & Spock(s). Friends. Love it!
Iniga chapter 1 . 3/17/2015
I really did laugh out loud twice- at Spock's suggestion that McCoy was already drunk if he believed he'd be chipper in the morning and at McCoy thinking of the Spocks as a name for a rock band. Very sweet, too, that McCoy will live to see his own Spock comfortable with his human half.
judybrowneyes chapter 1 . 2/23/2015
Oh my goodness! Somehow I had totally missed this story! How did that happen? I love xenopolycythemia stories! Yea! Spock to the rescue. Enjoyed this so much.