Reviews for Mind the Gap
Chronic-Insomnia chapter 10 . 2/15
Getting good. Slowly crawling back from the doldrums of chapter 6. Can't wait to see the shadow war against Danzo.

Seems like the repeating theme will keep her just on the edge of breaking. Can't say the eternal emotional mess that she's become is appealing, but it's one way to show vulnerability and drive up tension (though it's mostly frustration than anticipation).

Still waiting for at least a semi-satisfying outcome to occur, but the banter keeps me interested. It's a bit like watching a deep cover spy. It's 90% monotonous day-to-day stuff where she makes the best of bad decisions, slowly being ground down until there's an opportunity to act.
Chronic-Insomnia chapter 7 . 2/15
That she 'forgot' seems like bullshit. More like she's in denial.

She wants to save people, but she doesn't trust anyone. She chooses to put herself first, letting people die to maintain her anonymity/security, then blames herself for not finding another way. And this just continues over and over.

It's exhausting. It's logical, but I can't say I don't want a slip up to happen just so she's forced out of the cycle.
420blazeIt360n0scope chapter 10 . 2/11
Please pick this back up
Notsae chapter 10 . 2/6
Interesting story.
Sefera chapter 10 . 1/30
Awww. I was really getting into that. How sad. Anyways, I'm favoriting this, just incase you ever choose to continue it, and if so than I look forward to more in the future...
notBald chapter 10 . 1/29
This has been a fun read. You got some SI cliché, like hyper sensitivity and forgetting the biggest event in ninja history. There's also some crusty fanon, like the Genin Corps. Despite this, the story is great. You've done a superb job with crafting characters, leaving the reader wondering along with the main character if her paranoia is justified or not.

You're now at that point where many SI stories dies, when you start tangling with canon events, but even if you don't continue this will still be one of the better SI stories. Thanks.
doraemax chapter 10 . 1/28
This story is every bit comparable to Vixen Tail's Dejavu no Jutsu... though Miki is a touch more sane than Dejavu's protagonist. But nearly every bit as intelligent.
newyn chapter 10 . 1/28
Amazing fic. Finely textured, carefully plottted, realistic characterizations, skillfull writing. The unhurried pacing is perfect. There are many thoughtful gems, not least the philosophical dilemmas. That Kimi does not easily adopt local mindset about the taking of human life is most satisfying.
Wow. I hope this fic includes a Yamanaka clan massacre.
Naomipy chapter 10 . 1/14
Please update soon! Awesome fic!
Ps: save hinata!
TabethaRasa chapter 10 . 1/7
This has been an interesting fic. Love the politics, love the mechanics exploration. It’s melancholy, but not overwhelmingly dark. The interactions between your MC and the Uchiha kids, as well as between her and Kabuto have been my favorite parts so far, and I would love to see more development between them.

I’ll look forward to seeing where you take this if you continue it. Thanks for posting this!
Cycle0fthePhoenix chapter 10 . 1/2
Unless you stop it, selective ignorance girl. Getting training from Anko will be interesting though. Funny, I was listening to Bad Dream by Ruelle when she that genjutsu backfired spectacularly on her. I'm looking forward to more relationships between Itachi and her, it's a nice spin on characterization you've done there. With Shishui too, giving background.
Cycle0fthePhoenix chapter 8 . 1/2
Don't know what to think anymore. I was however thinking to myself (slightly unrelated) how I wouldn't want to be born in the Naruto world because the chances of ending up a child of a clan are random which isn't reassuring and that means politics (yuck) and marriage contracts (burn with fire) not to mention expectations (sigh).
I'd also have to study my least favorite subject as a medic in order to remove my eggs (being female and all) because I don't want to be used during a baby boom (dojutsu or not) being female in the Naruto world means getting used.
Not to mention I would have to be strong enough to go 'traitor' because at some point I'll either be used as a sex slave for the village or kill my family. Really, the Naruto world has it's dark side when you're aware of it from another life.
Oh... and guess the foreshadowing about her father was right, huh. A family needs more than love, true, but damn author you implied that it needed sex too. You may not have meant it like that but damn did it come off like that.
Despite all the dark sides of this world though I am curious as to what happens next.
Cycle0fthePhoenix chapter 7 . 1/2
I don't know about Kimi being of arrogance but rather selective ignorance.
Cycle0fthePhoenix chapter 6 . 1/2
That was a better reaction than I had expected from her father because I thought I sensed foreshadowing about his bad reactions earlier in the story. Well... glad I'm wrong 'cause that's a relief.