Reviews for the sunshine in your midnight eyes
public static void chapter 1 . 10/6/2016
I'm IN LOVE with this! I didn't even notice the lack of narrative until you mentioned it, because everything was so clear in my mind thanks to the dialogue between them!
Poor Peter! I feel for him and that's odd because he deserves everything bad in the world. Maybe he even deserves Alecto...
Either way, and as always, I love the poetry feelings of your writing.
wujy chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
I find it very difficult to immerse myself in stories about Peter, because I dislike the character. Not just because he's a backstabber, but because JK makes him so one-dimensional and transparent. This, I felt, gave him a little depth of character I wasn't quite expecting. I feel like I would have liked a few more proper nouns to know who is speaking to who, because it was difficult to read in the beginning, but I like the story overall.
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
Wow, this was really done. I've never considered a relationship between Peter and Alecto, but when I /do/ think about why Peter might've switched, I always think it has to do with a girl. The flow was excellent, and each of the parts moved logically to the next. I like the descriptions and the imagery and all of it was great. I could feel the change in Peter. Awesome job!
CUtopia chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
I actually liked the flow of this story, the parts were good, not too much, just enough to explain the story in the right way.
It really was a good way to form this story, showing how Peter was shoved around by his own friends and then is unsure if Alecto isn't fooling him too!
The end was also great - it did fit his reasons for joining the Dark Lord, doing it because of her and because he felt like his friends did not involve him that much...
This was also a very interesting pairing, I read it for the first time here and I have to say that it definitely seems to fit the canon! :)
Great work! :)
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 1/25/2015
I was a bit unsure when I started - mainly because of the pairing but I found this to be amazing. I love the little bit of WolfStar that was slipped in and the way Alecto wormed her way into Peter's heart, seducing him to do what she wanted.
He wants it to be real and he tells himself that, but it's not. She's just using him because the Dark Lord wants him as part of them. She's bringing him into it in the one way he can't refuse.
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 1/23/2015
This was absolutely perfect. I don't even know what to say, except that, wow, I loved this. Your characterization of Peter was amazing, and I loved Alecto in your story. It was very interesting to see how Peter slowly drifted away from the other Marauders and only realized what he'd fallen into too late.
Your writing style in this was very interesting too, and it flowed well with your story.
I really loved this ;)
Cheers!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
I don't think I've ever read a PeterAlecto fic before, but I quite liked it. The way Peter fell in love with her was believable, and I like that he does realise that she isn't perfect and that perhaps she isn't even beautiful, but that she is beautiful /to him/. I can definitely picture Alecto as conniving and manipulating as she is here, but (factcheck) she could not have been at Hogwarts with both the Marauders and Bellatrix at the same time, as the latter is about 10 years older. So if Alecto was in the same year as the Marauders, Bellatrix would have already left Hogwarts two years before they even started. So that threw me off a bit.
I had some trouble visualising who was doing the talking in the dialogue parts where someone asked Peter to cover for them (I figured it was Sirius or James asking that, but it could just as well have been Alecto, so that was a bit confusing).
For some reason, your portrayal of Peter remembers me of p-p-poor st-stuttering p-p-Professor Quirell, who was also underestimated because of his stutter. I don't agree with Peter going over to the Dark Side this early already (because the betrayal came as a surprise to everyone) but in this story, I can see why it could be /plausible/.
Laser Lance 720 chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
I adore this. The progression of this piece was fantastic. I didn't quite pick up on her manipulation of Peter at first, but once I did it brought the whole piece together. And that's what I love the most. How quick that seeming kindness turned a bit darker, but at the same time it was gradual, and built ever so slowly. If that makes sense.
The contrast between his relationship with the Marauders and Alecto was so well done. It really played well on itself.
alyssialui chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Oh wow. This is very interesting. I can see why Peter would be pulled in by Alecto. She is a Slytherin and she knows how to get people to do her bidding, especially if she had the drive to eventually be a Death Eater. And poor Peter, who doesn't get the acceptance and acknowledgement from his friends, while gravitate to anyone who will give to him. Alecto realized and she used it to her benefit, rewarding him with a listening ear and kisses. In the end he realizes but by then, he still isn't strong enough to tell her no.
Great job with this pairing. I love it.
DarkIceAngelFlare chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
The flow was wonderful! I love how you contrasted Alecto and the Marauders, and your imagery was just right. I really, thoroughly enjoyed this. I love how you made Peter's betrayal a two-sided thing, instead of letting all the blame fall on Peter. I might hate him, but it was a nice change.
Marie E. Brooke chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
OMG the 1,500 words FLEW BY like that. *snaps fingers* I was so into the story and it could even be canon and just... . *coughs* Anyways...Ignore me. Ugh, I haven't read a story like that in ages (ages two days ago). But seriously. You usually don't see this in fan fiction authors nowadays; This... simplicity yet pureness about their writing. the building up realization about Alecto is great, and her eyes play a big part in this - like, when Peter is entrapped with her beauty and such, her eyes are a beautiful golden shade but when he is aware of her her malicious side, her eyes become dark, swirling whirlpools. That was a nice touch, btw. I also adored the dialogue. I think it was a necessary part of the story, and it was executed perfectly.

A few concerns: What are "whorls?" I distantly remember them being a type of fingerprint (of course, I could be way off on that one XD) or is this just me being creepy? Is it a spelling error? Or a wizard thing? Or a word you made up? Did I really just write that paragraph? XD

I know it might be a bit awkward and creepy for you to read a review from a pitiful writer who is obsessing over 1,500 freaking words, but your writing is just that good. Seriously, you actually made me feel sorry for Peter for TWO WHOLE MINUTES, which is excruciatingly hard to accomplish, as I am a certified Peter hater. You also made me hate James and Sirius for the same amount of time, which is also exceptionally complicated as they are my favorite characters from the Marauders Era. You also made me hate Alecto too, but to be honest, that's not that hard, considering she already has murderous tendencies in the books. BUT SERIOUSLY THIS IS GOOOOD...

Anyways, I look forward to reading more of your writing! Stay amazing!

By my enchanted quill,
Marie E. Brooke
A Sirius Crush On Moony chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
Oh goodness! How wonderful is this! The manipulation in this story is so realistic and heartbreaking and it actually makes me feel sorry for Peter. And it actually makes me kinda not like Sirius and James. The mention of Wolfstar was asdfghjkl of course. Back to the story. You got the 'falling in love' thing perfect, and you know it was all leading up to 'the question' and when she asked it I was hoping this would be AU and that he would say no. But we all know what will happen. This depiction of Peter, really seems legit. It makes it more believable that he would betray his "friends" and you know, I can actually understand why he would. This was really great, and it's going on my favourites :)