Reviews for Harry Potter and the Inquisitor's Game
I'm really split on this story.

The setting is very good, I do love a bit of creativity instead of yet another gamer!Harry story where he exploits a world he has already lived through once.

On the other hand, I'm having real difficulty with the many game texts you add. A couple chapters back I ended up scrolling past I don't know how many pages of them and was about to give it up as a bad job, because it seemed never-ending. The website here is pretty bad about decent formatting, so there's not a lot you can do, but I would suggest you post this somewhere else like on SB or SV (SpaceBattles , Sufficient Velocity). These forums, among others I'm sure, have a great fanfiction community, will usually give you better feedback than you can get here, and you may make use of quote and spoiler tags that will make formatting extra content like that a lot easier for the reader.
Denubis chapter 12 . 8/31
Interesting. a whole lot of setup. it will be fascinating to see the battle lines firm up.
BaberKhan chapter 2 . 8/28
Truly like a game, the details are impressive and the world building seems epic, but it’s too much different from the canon for my tastes. :P
very nice chapter
hope more comes out soon
aSinglePancake chapter 11 . 8/4
really...rwby?
captainwonderbuns chapter 12 . 8/3
Very happy to see more of this. Little Lilly is adorable! I'm quite curious to see what you will do with Luna.
Gunship30mm chapter 12 . 8/3
Having read a number of the "Harry is playing a computer game"stories, I've found most of them get boring after awhile. Usually because the writer is so busy writing game stats and level ups, that the story gets lost. Eventually the writer gets burned out and the story ends up unfinished. I'm really liking your story and I hope you can keep updating, but considering how much of the writing is taken up with Harry reading his game screens, and my noticing a bit of frustration in your author notes, I'm getting concerned that you might be burning out on the story as well. Being a gamer I understand the environment you are trying to replicate for the reader, but the flow of the "story" keeps getting interrupted by the mechanics of the "game" and really slows down the progress of the narrative. I think your underlining story is very interesting and fresh and would suggest cutting back on the game details and focus more on the story. Perhaps hold the point totals till after the action is completed rather than having it happen real time.
You have no idea just how hyped I am to see harry go to hogwarts and start progression on some of his long term quests.
honorablemerc chapter 12 . 8/3
Really like the story can’t wait for more but hope you avoid more full chapter information dumps. but other than that this is probably my favorite life is a video game story
Aire5 chapter 7 . 8/2
really fun read
Stolid-Scholar chapter 5 . 8/1
liking this so far. I do feel the need to mention how not impressed I am by Freya's standing about in a room ready to show off instead of looking for her adopted son, and then chastizing him for...what? Responsibly seeking adult help? Who is the parent here again?
WildlyLaughing chapter 12 . 7/31
Alright, another chapter! I've got questions though. The first is pretty obvious: Have you thought about putting Harry in a house other than Gryffindor?
Second: Will Harry be able to set up his own force/group later on just like you can in Dragon Age Inquisition?
ArthurShade chapter 12 . 7/31
Nice
Maelaeran chapter 12 . 7/31
Definitely the most unique Gamer fic I've ever read and one that I thoroughly enjoy reading.
tastybigsexy chapter 12 . 7/31
I very much enjoy your version of Harry as the Gamer