Reviews for Trump Card
Bomslaer chapter 20 . 11/22
this is some inception bull
Mr.Destructo chapter 12 . 8/20
pls no coil vs tailor would literally be inception both of the mofos would be splitting timelines like it was going out of style
najex chapter 14 . 8/18
This is an older story, so I don't know if you've gotten better at this over years, but I'm going to mention a little problem I had reading this.

That is, the protagonist having the ability of interrupting speech. Often, when an author wants one of the characters to go into a righteous rant, they give that character the exclusive ability to interrupt what the other character is saying. The conversation between Ms Blackwell and Taylor is a fine example.

In reality, that wouldn't work. It would just result in two people talking/shouting over each other. So whenever I see it happening, it feels like the author is just giving the mic to one character while silencing the other in a way that feels unnatural.
kyberblood chapter 1 . 8/3
bro is carrying the worm community
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 37 . 6/2
Wow a worm fic that had basically no mention of the Nine, that’s a first. To be completely honest this story kinda skimped on the character interactions (besides the ones with L33t, Über, Danny, and Tattletale) and had almost none of the major threats (besides that “fight” with that weak simulacrum of the Simurgh) but what was there was done really well.

To restate, I think this story could have had another hundred thousand words on it easily just to cover things that never showed up. But what is in this story is done exceptionally and the story is worth the read.

TL;DR the story is worth reading
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 34 . 6/2
Bro that’s gotta be one of the most anonymous abandoned warehouses I’ve ever seen
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 20 . 6/2
Ohhhhh ok the flowchart helped
ArachnidHiveMind chapter 20 . 6/2
Ok all the different timelines are screwing with my head
Mantis FA chapter 33 . 5/23
“Let me check my notes.” Coincidence, or is Taylor perhaps channeling Riff from the webcomic “Sluggy Freelance” a bit here? Come to think of it, Riff and L33t have quite a bit in commonRiff would definitely be a Tinker if he existed in the Wormverse, he can invent just about anything, and his inventions have an unfortunate tendency to blow up or otherwise malfunction at inconvenient moments.

I thought of something Pwnage probably should have around this point in the story: they could have healed Grue and Regent’s injuries by using the portal out of their new extradimensional hideout to bring Hax into close enough proximity to Panacea to copy her power. All they’d have to do is open a portal into the yard outside the Dallon house, or the attic if that’s not close enough, or into a utility closet off one of Amy’s classes at Arcadia High.
Mantis FA chapter 30 . 5/22
Hah, I don’t think I caught this the first time I read the story, but “one of the less warlike appearances” Taylor programmed into her armor’s holocloak device is… War, the First Biker of the Apocalypse from “Good Omens.” LOL!
BlazeStryker chapter 16 . 4/13
I do so love the Shard Bar.
WouldYouKidnapA chapter 5 . 4/11
Lol useless fucker. Shut up and die
Shortmike24 chapter 37 . 4/8
i loved the story. but to few powers were used. only at the end do we get to see her super op. lol. thanks for the story.
Duchess67 chapter 37 . 3/29
Wow ... Just, mind blowingly awesome, dude! Kudos!
Mantis FA chapter 37 . 3/22
I started writing this review back when I first read the story last July, but got busy with other things and never finished and posted it. Anyway, I loved this one from start to finish; I think it ties with “It Gets Worse” as my favorite of your completed fics. This Taylor is severely OP, of course, but you have a remarkable talent for taking hackneyed bad-fic tropes (e.g. Purity Sue in “Hope” and self-insert in “Security”) and turning them into something fresh and interesting. I think the divergence could be something as small as Sophia still being in closer proximity to the locker when Taylor had her second trigger event in there.

IIRC, Taylor was canonically a double-trigger from the start (which explains why she didn’t have a second trigger at any of several points in canon that could have been trigger events, at the hands of Bakuda, Leviathan, Bonesaw, Coil, Alexandria, or Scion). Second triggers often produce Trump powers (as in the case of Grue), Trump powers are more likely to occur when other capes are nearby, and a second-trigger, Trump implementation of the Queen Administrator would naturally be absurdly powerful, in the same league with Contessa, Eidolon, and Glaistig Uaine. Grue’s Trump power let him hold at least four other powers at a time and use them somewhat less effectively than their original wielders, so I can’t say that a similar second-trigger Trump that grants its user control of only one power at a time but provides a *better* understanding of it than the original user’s is overpowered or out of line with what we’ve seen in canon, especially when it comes from the same shard that could potentially give us Khepri when all the restrictions were removed.

I was a bit sorry to see it end; I wouldn’t have minded another 100K-200K words of Hax shenanigans before she came up with the idea for the Endbringer rifles and thus triggered the climactic encounters with the Simurgh and then Eidolon. Hax taking on the Nine could have been a lot of fun, especially since unlike Jack, she would have been fully conscious of the hidden aspect of his power that protects him from other capes. Hax and Panacea might have been even more efficient at emptying out hospitals than Hope and Panacea – they should each be able to alleviate the other’s exhaustion the moment it started to become a problem, since there’s no reason to assume that Amy’s inability to apply her power to herself would extend to Hax copying it and using it to heal her. As to Dinah, the fact that Hax can apparently evade Thinker headaches by relinquishing the Thinker power, the same way she gets around L33t’s limitation, means she could presumably use it in the same Contessa-lite mode that Coil forced Dinah to use when Crawler attacked his base *at will,* with only a few moments of pain as a consequence; I figure that had a lot to do with how she refined the plan to eliminate Scion with zero casualties.

The picture we get in the epilogue of Taylor’s life outside of her world-saving work is delightful; I love that she ended up in a triune marriage with Uber and L33t, raising the upgraded, fully sapient Alibi as their daughter. I think I might go back and reread the whole thing from the beginning now that it’s been the best part of a year; the present state of the real world is depressing enough that a happy, silly fic like this is just what I need to cheer me up, and at this point I’ve reread “Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality” (my go-to for such moods for the last several years) enough times to know every beat of the story by heart. Here’s hoping to see the “Completed” tag show up on a few more of your long WIPs in the near future; I’ve been reluctant to dive into the incomplete ones, but I definitely want to read the finished versions of “Recoil,” “I, Panacea,” “One More Trigger,” and “Wyvern” one of these days.
1,520 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »