Reviews for Trump Card
mara.jeyd chapter 37 . 10/12
Oh god, it was such a silly fanfic. It's alright as long as you don't take it seriously, with little to no consequences for anything and the general comedy aura. I never felt that characters were in danger. Formidable villains are acting like clowns and getting curbstomped by Taylor, who's powerful enough to beat Shadow Stalker right in the beginning. Taylor just turned villain with little motivation behind it. She wanted to join New Wave first, didn't like their policy for publicity and decided to join an incompetent criminal group instead, like she was searching for a new job. No moral reprecussions, nothing.
And in the end, when they killed Simurgh, everyone were like - "Oh, cool. Nice job." I'd expected more emotional reaction from killing one of the terrors that was active for decades. Not to mention they just quickly checked around to make sure it wasn't a trick and called it a day. And it's considering they walled the whole city in the original and basically quarantened everyone there for life, fearing Simurgh infliention. But now they just took her defeat for granted, with no precautions.
I'd rate the story as 5/10.
Volendi chapter 37 . 10/6
broken af powers, but still written in a fun way... nice!
H. Automata chapter 37 . 9/5
It figures that as soon as Taylor met Eidolon the entire show was done lol. This was a very satisfying read, and a surprise, too! Seeing Uber and L33t listed as central characters definitely had me uncertain right off the bat, because come on, right? They're Uber and L33t! But the synergy! The creativity! It knew no bounds. What a delight.
H. Automata chapter 20 . 9/4
This fic is an absolute RIOT. The goddamn ZORCH sound effect is, all by itself, a stroke of genius, and I love it. Also get wrecked, Coil
jericho8030 chapter 37 . 9/3
Hax OP and you still kept it interesting and worm consistent. Thank you for completing so many stories.
capctr chapter 37 . 8/25
I have been working my way through your works and I gotta say that THIS story is one of the best on this site-not because it is perfectly written, but because the positivity it is steeped in. You took a dark, gritty, sad tale and turned it into something magical. My one complaint isn’t the last chapter so much as there are volumes of potential left in it.
Please consider a sequel to this story, it would be amazing to see what other wonders Taylor can work, as well as a reconditioned earth bet 1 as well as 2 to divide the population by. The idea of a pristine earth…wow
Barona chapter 37 . 8/25
Enjoyable and intelligently written story. Thanks so much for your effort for us to enjoy it!
Mantis FA chapter 33 . 7/21
I like the Superman reference in this Chapter - Uber's use of thick glasses along with diffident posture and mannerisms is precisely the disguise Kal-El uses to prevent people from noticing the resemblance between his civilian and superhero personae without having to wear a mask. Also, I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what Hax can do with samples of Endbringer material. It's a pity they didn't know about Accord's samples, though - they might have been able to cut a deal with him just by honestly explaining what they wanted it for.
Mantis FA chapter 19 . 7/20
Laughing out loud at Contessa making popcorn as she prepares to watch the outcome of Coil's folly. :-D Also at L33t making fun of Coil's notoriety, or lack thereof. That reminded me of a couple of the jokes from the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" - "I'm Starlord." "WHO?"
Mantis FA chapter 18 . 7/20
Interesting indeed; it would be pretty hard to hide what Alibi is, or at least that she's not what she appears to be, once Alec starts trying to Master her. I wonder if copying Alec's power will make Taylor immune to it, or if they'll end up in a stalemate with each one in control of the other's muscles.
Mantis FA chapter 15 . 7/20
Hah, Coil's going to try to snatch Taylor and get her PICA (that's Personality-Integrated Cybernetic Avatar from David Weber's Safehold novels, the closest thing to Alibi I've seen in other fiction) - and I'll bet Alibi has a substantial Brute rating that will make that a lot more "exciting" for his mercs than he or they expect from a teenage girl.

I'm guessing it's the QA's interaction with the L33t shard that allows her that degree of fine control at a distance - I suspect L33t could build something like Alibi, and maybe even include telepathic control, but he wouldn't be able to control it to the level that lets it pass as the original while also performing complex tasks in his own body.
Mantis FA chapter 14 . 7/19
Loving this one so far. Taylor's Trump power is clearly still the Queen-Administrator - it's a much purer expression of the QA's true function than what she had in canon. The way she gets around Leet's limitation is awesome. I look forward to seeing what she can do with Panacea's power, as well as Tattletale's. As for Coil, he'd be an idiot to let her anywhere near him - so much of his schtick depends on concealing what his power can do, and no cape can hide that from Hax.
jellatinous chapter 1 . 7/19
heh. threesome end. I feel like choosing either one would feel off since they primarily had all the Bonding scenes together. overall great plot. story could have been longer and give more exposition to characters mentioned in the epilogue but that's what you get. it's nice to see a no deaths scion run.
jellatinous chapter 20 . 7/19
this chapter is so insane. how does anyone keep up on the timelines holy molly
Bearmauls chapter 17 . 7/13
So Glory Girl would 100% have killed someone who wasn't a brute or wasn't wearing actual power armor there. That's... not great.
1,503 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »