Reviews for A Different Path
Windfall chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
The first half of the chapter, the tone set is interesting: sadly, not followed up on in the later parts.
Windfall chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
Why isn't Dudley mentioned after this ? Not a single letter?
Windfall chapter 13 . 11/3/2016
Slight question. You had Harry promise never to forget Durley but promptly removed him from the narrative with narrow a letter addressed to the fellow.
Windfall chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
Discovered your story today. Intriguing, though the chapters are short, it is a pity that it has not been updated since quite long.
kjwatson2 chapter 2 . 9/13/2015
If Petunia didn't permit Harry to go to Diagon Alley for his school supplies, then how did Harry get a wand?
Ari989 chapter 13 . 7/23/2015
Holly sh!t! I did not see that ending coming and I can't imagine how someone could. You just effectively nuked canon as far as the rest of the first book is concerned! If I recall correctly, Harry witnessed a very similar meeting between Snape and Quirrel after a Quiditch practice in canon and Harry and his friends were actually sympathetic to Quirrel, for what they saw as his standing up to Snape's attempts to get the stone. But after THIS, the unquestionable revelation of Quirrel as a monster, I have no idea where they go from here. That was a really ballsy move sir and I can hardly wait for the next update! Keep up the good work!
DeltaArundoIncendio chapter 13 . 7/23/2015
Cliffhanger! Will Professor Quirrel kill them too? Will the boys get the idea that Snape is good? Does Hermione make some friends in RavenClaw?
Guest chapter 13 . 7/22/2015
Aaaaahhhhhhhhh! UPDATE CLIFFHANGERS ARE TORTURE!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/22/2015
Nice! I like how you made aunt petunia nice in this fic
Alyssa chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
Great chapter! Can't wait for more!
Ari989 chapter 12 . 7/21/2015
Wow! Where to begin? First of all, I'm amazed that the boys even managed to set foot into Dumbledore's office. Kudos to Hermione for helping them out, though my heart continues to break for her and the clumsy way she's trying to buy their friendship. At least it seems that Fidelius likes her enough to pass on a message for her!

Now onto Dumbledore. I'm disappointed in him for so quickly dismissing the boys without any sort of reward for their excellent detective work (some sort of explanation would have done nicely!) while so closely mirroring McGonagall's reaction from canon.

I'm curious to see what sort of impact this meeting has in Harry's relationship to Dumbledore, as he's unlikely to soon forget being dismissed like that. I'm hoping Harry starts to ask himself some really hard questions now, like: what's Dumbledore playing at, or what's really going on here?

Thanks for the excellent update!
Son of Whitebeard chapter 11 . 7/20/2015
nice seeing dean take center stage
Ari989 chapter 11 . 7/19/2015
Buh...Hermione...damn it Harry! Would it kill you to take one moment to comfort the poor girl BEFORE you take her book(!) from her? I really hope he does something to make it up to her soon. Between his treatment of Hermione and ditching his family for Christmas, this Harry is (slowly but surely) turning into an obsessive jerk. (sigh) And I had such high hopes for this version of Harry too. Now, let's see what good telling Dumbledore what they "think" is going on will do... if they can even gain access to Dumbledore in the first place. Thanks for the update!
katiek121 chapter 10 . 6/26/2015
I like reading a story where Petunia and Dudley are nice to Harry! I'm glad that he is getting close to the other people in his dormitory in addition to Ron. However, I wish Hermoine had been sorted into Gryffindor and that they were friends with her as well. Knowing Harry though he will become friends with her at some point.
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 10 . 6/26/2015
Good Chapter, though I'm wondering when and how Hermione becomes friends with them.