Reviews for Pillar to Post
AliceCullen3 chapter 32 . 1/27
gleefan2009 chapter 32 . 1/26
love it please write more
This is too short. I want moooarre.
escapistictendencies chapter 1 . 1/19
gotta say, not my cup of tea. gotta work on lessening redundancy and fleshing out your characters. keep trying!
escapistictendencies chapter 1 . 1/19
sean8329 chapter 32 . 1/11
Nice job, I really like this kind of story with a Holmes' Family for Harry
Hope a sequel soon :)
randomplotbunny chapter 32 . 12/25/2017
This story is brilliant! :-D
hwyla chapter 32 . 12/18/2017
I found this fic today on 'Sherlock Harry Winchester's favorites page. I read it straight through and really enjoyed it. I must admit that I had a bit of confusion on a britishism and chuckled for a while after figuring out 'jackets' in the oven meant 'jacket potatoes'.

I have heard that term a few times before - just not without the potato part, so it wasn't an automatic realization. I was rather puzzled over why someone would put a coat in the oven & especially why it getting crispy was a good thing! I had quite a good laugh at myself when I realized what you actually meant and that being summer, there was less of a chance that he was drying out rain-wet jackets (coats). For an american, I have watched enough british shows that I really should have known!

Anyway, I really did enjoy the fic and I love the way you had your Harry bonding with both men - especially with Sherlock. Surprisingly, I don't watch that show as much and so I'm not quite as knowledgeable about the present-day Sherlock, more the victorian one. But mostly I was really glad to see a Harry that actually cared about his studies and could make not just intuitive leaps, but actually correct ones. JKR portrayed him too much as getting by on luck alone, letting Hermione do more of the knowledge.

You now have my thoughts roaming as to just how much this new living situation would change the following Hogwarts' years. I have a feeling Harry might figure out Snape a little better, but I also wonder whether Harry will beat Hermione to figuring out the basilisk first. I know I feel QUITE sure that he would NOT go to Lockhart for help at the end of the year! Lots to ponder, but first I'm off to read a few other stories of yours! Thanks for a great read!
gaarasgirl389 chapter 13 . 12/4/2017
Bit excessive having Harry constantly giving his life story to people. You could just say that he's Sherlock's cousin. And you can cut back on retelling that story by just writing that whoever was talking got informed about it. Breaks it down and makes it a lot more realistic
Mark chapter 23 . 11/15/2017
"I hadn't of done that." The "of" is utterly meaningless: "I hadn't done that." "Of" is too often used where the correct word is "have", but that does not seem to be the problem here.
Don't let my comment upset your writing! Cheers.
Rosa Mundi chapter 3 . 10/26/2017
John the Ravenclaw. I like it! I tend to think of him as a Griffindor (I read a story that had him as one of Harry's yearmates), but Ravenclaw works.
Rosa Mundi chapter 2 . 10/26/2017
Poor Harry! I am quite excited about the fact that this is a finished story, though. So now to read on...
BlackRoseFire chapter 32 . 10/19/2017
Awesome story.
MissiYoung chapter 32 . 10/10/2017
I did the whole melodramatic 'long no' when I realized it was over for good, but my imagination can keep it going forever. I loved this little verse, and thank you so much for sharing it.
loleo chapter 32 . 10/5/2017
I want a lot more story, pretty please, much, much more. And sequels, sequels and many more sequels. It can't be, that this story is written as complete. For me, I can see that there is so much more to write about the little family of Harry, Sherlock and John. So much more... and I would like to read many, many more updates about how and what Harry and Hermione do in Hogwarts, their adventures and how they play together with the Sherlock and John stories...
Yeah, of course, stories only following canon are more than a little boring, but here would come Sherlock Holmes canon as crossover, like in this story. That won't be boring to read in the „Harry-Potter Universe“. Especially if the story is written like here, fluidly passing in both canons with an awesome story-idea. It only should be written with much more story and chapters. *Hint* *Hint* *Hint* Sequel... Sequel... Sequel...

Somehow, I can't really see Ron with both HJ's, speak Mione and Harry. But I can see the Weasley twins or Percy with them. Especially Percy. He is a very smart person, like Mione. Both hold up rules, because rules give them some security in a life that is very unstable in their worldview. For Percy with his many oh, so „fun-loving“ and rule-breaking family members... and for Mione, with schoolmates who can't appreciate an intelligent and more bookish girl than them. It would give both somehow something like a life-line. Rules, that all around them should uphold, should follow... one way or the other... but rules for all of them, not only for one, two or some. That is not to say, both wouldn't break rules if given the right incentive.
Ron, no, I can't really see him in THIS group of people, together with this Mione and Harry. And your only so many Chess- and Quidditch-strategies wouldn't count for a basis for a good future-career in your mostly very lazy living life performance. And with so much love for food and eating (as much as one can get their hands - and mouth and stomach - on cooked food at every mealtime and in between them double,) that in the end will be a very big and very expensive hole for his purse.
How in his future will this Ron pay for his very terrible, enormous appetite for food with his inbuild overall practised lazyness and with his unproductive, but overworked proudiness? With all the rightfull or imagined right for a life like Ron would like to life, (like Harry does or as Ron imagined Harry's life: as a Lord, rich, with many vaults full of gold, galleons, juwels, heirlooms, many manors in every country, as a fearless magic-prodigy, popular as a future-husband-material, girls flocking to Harry's person and living the life as a celebrity). But this Ron will perhaps live his future-life as an at-home-husband, waiting for his overworked poor, poor wife to come home, to work her „second job“ as provider for food on the table to feed a lazy bum? Or as a kept man living of his wifes maybe inherited money? Or as a man ever living on the dole, ever jobless, ever to be a beggar, with never ever having enough money to feed constantly his bottomless garbage-machine? That last is, how I only see most Rons!

And last, perhaps Harry can in your story get a better official name than Harry? Maybe Harris or Harrison, something that is for later a little more adult- and „lordlike“ than the more childhood name given to him by maybe himself, because he couldn't pronounce his real name right. Therefore, Harris as his name would do it, as many kids can't speak the „s“ at the end of Harris and so shorten the however short name more. I really can't see an adult man like the name "Harry", other than as a nickname for family and friends. Really, I can't. ... Harry ...

And every time I hear or read the names „TOM“ Riddle and „HARRY“ Potter - with some little melody playing around in the background of my insignificant brain - I can only think: „Tom, Dick and Harry ... Where the heck is DICK?“ Or should it mean: who? ... And is there a Dick somewhere in the „Harry-Potter Universe“? Maybe all this time waiting in some dusty, out of the way, reclusive story-corner, to be reunited with his best friends Tom and Harry? Oh, that poor man... *Laughing maniacly*