Reviews for Weaver Nine
Akashic Vinyl chapter 29 . 3/13
Interesting story. Sucks you killed Crystal. Laserdream is one of my favorite characters.
rmcn94 chapter 1 . 12/9/2020
Gosh, this is incredible. Just reread it for the 4th or 5th time, might be the best fic I've ever read. Amazing stuff.
BigRig2.0 chapter 1 . 11/30/2020
trash fic
Zapper3000380 chapter 29 . 10/30/2020
Thank you for writing this.
RWIW chapter 29 . 8/10/2020
*looks for 'next chapter' button*

DAMN it!
I knew this was a deadfic, but... oh well. Thank you for this fic, at least. I'm not sure how you were going to handle Scion, given that Jack wouldn't be setting him off, but... eh. You've given me an interesting world to think about.

Hero?!Jack was very interesting - more interesting than I find his canon self. His Tom-Riddle-esque charming sociopathy layered together with a desire to be a hero made for an interesting character to follow, and a magnificent one to behold. The Leviathan fight was truly awesome, in multiple senses of the word. I also very much enjoyed a semi-heroic Sophia, and the overall pragmatic slant.

That said... the big mystery is *what changed* to make Scion's advent accelerate so much during the Leviathan fight. Was it Jack Slash's ascension from nobody to worldwide hero overnight? Was it Riley and/or Panacea? It's a stretch, but maybe the widespread claims of her resurrection abilities cause Warrior Entity to finally go 'What the hell, it's worth a shot' and kidnap her in a desperate attempt to resurrect Thinker Entity, resulting in an even worse shitshow than canon with the parahumans facing off against a Warrior Entity that wants to live and a [hampered, damaged] Thinker Entity. Or some sort of godawful Momdad Entity, with Warrior not quite understanding Riley's request to graft the remains of Eden onto him to make the whole thing work. Or something.

I'm not sure Dinah checked that the moved-up timeframe led to *the same number of deaths*, so... hm.

Now for some predictions on How This Would Have Gone, based on Worm heuristics of 'the general themes, but amplified':
* Weaver eventually does something totally batshit like sacrificing an entire world's Earth to gain better odds against [unknown event known to the readers as Scion]. Jack is driven to take her out as 'the ultimate villain', and thus ends up being a victorious hero! ...with humanity being caught with its pants down against Scion. Whoops.
** Alternatively, dramatic irony! She manages to gank Scion before he becomes a threat and BECOMES the 80% humans/98% parahumans fatality event, due to her own magnificent lunacy. Probably becomes known as Khepri at this point.
*** Actually, I realized just how that would work: Scion conveys to her, with its dying thoughts, the true meaning of the Cycle. Weaver goes mad from the revelation and decides that, just as her ends justified the means for the betterment of humanity, an end to entropy is indeed more important than the entire human race. Cue Entity!Taylor, with Jack frantically fighting back in an effort to prevent Khepri from collecting all the shards under a jailbroken Queen Administrator and restarting the Cycle.
** I just don't trust any angst-liking Worm author with a group, however FUBAR, bent on improving the world. It has to go wrong *somewhere*.
* Jack becomes the Ultimate Hero, giving up everything to save the world. Before doing so, he records his best speech ever about selflessness, the need to join together, and how everyone contributed an important part, which is broadcast across all universes and (combined with his great deed) transforms him into a god-figure who echoes in humanity's legends forever afterwards. His actual final narration is entirely about his own ego, his essential contribution to the plan, and how everyone would have been fucked without him. It's Jack.
** Maybe he second-triggers into being able to burn his entire *personality* into a one-shot mental blade to strike at Scion and/or Khepri's core, unsettling them enough for the remaining fighters to down the threat once and for all? He's already topped-out his epic feat with his physical power with the Leviathan battle - the finale would probably be the same with his mental power. Talking Scion into suicide?
* The Riley-Panacea plot has some sort of incredibly dark and disturbing conclusion, because Riley's undoubtedly going to discover neo-Panacea lacks her supposed Manton limit, conclude that she must have somehow fixed that limitation by reviving her, and fully "fix" her by removing her unwillingness to work on brains. Maybe Panacea would end up part of the Glory Girl fleshmass this time. Riley's desensitized enough that she'd probably consider that a happy ending. 'Now they can be together forever! :D'
* Sophia either dies horribly, jarring Jack to his core as he discovers the hard way that his plans don't always work out, or ends up shell-shocked from Jack's heroic death and her own discovery that she cared for him more deeply than she comprehended.
* Everyone knowing Jack's civilian identity dies (perhaps with the exception of Sophia), leaving Jack Slash as the most famous man in history but leaving *Jacob Herbert* as a nameless causality on an endless battlefield of the slain. Because it's capital-I Ironic.

Whatever the original plans, thank you again for writing this story.
RWIW chapter 22 . 8/10/2020
*applause*
RWIW chapter 14 . 8/10/2020
Is Deathclock's civilian identity a Light Yagami or Teru Mikami, by any chance?
RWIW chapter 5 . 8/10/2020
"So many sociopaths who acted like normal people during the day but turned out to be ruthless killers. It's scary to think how many people like them must still be in the city, waiting for someone with the right cause to recruit them and set them loose."
Jack: My God, I can't even imagine what that would be like. :U
Caver Floyd chapter 29 . 7/30/2020
Damn. With Alexandria there that means Costa-Brown is currently the body double. I was kind of hoping for Jack to realize that the head of the PRT was Alexandria in the middle of the interview with his trump power. It would have definitely made him more open to joining the Wards if he new that a parahuman was really the one calling the shots. I bet Weaver really wants to get Flechette to come in contact with Noelle to get clones for Regent. Panaceas brain seems like it survived mostly intact, probably because she was right beside Riley when she died. Flechette definitely has some serious brain damage though I think. Was that Weaver and Harbinger’s son that was granting the perception power to Jack? Too bad this hasn’t been updated in a while.
jesstersmasque chapter 29 . 5/25/2020
This is good work. A shame it isn't finished.
Guest chapter 20 . 5/18/2020
This is starting to become one of those ever escalating dick measuring contests filled with grunts and overhyped tension like on Dragonball Z. Why would one battle need to last this many chapters?
Nonyaarb chapter 3 . 5/9/2020
I am both extremely disappointed and ecstatic at the same time. That was a super plot twist and I liked it
ohkyoungsun chapter 1 . 3/16/2020
Good. Very good
Bayesian chapter 1 . 12/3/2019
Very good story!
Dogoneshame chapter 1 . 11/29/2019
still sad this hasn't updated...