Reviews for Bad Romance
Pentastic chapter 1 . 1/17/2015
Cute
odat chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
Ha! This was so much fun to read. I definitely snorted a few times. I was glad to see how you handled Giriko at the end, that felt right, because even though he was an asshole, he didn't deserve that. Wes was perfect, what a little shit. And his mum too! She was hilarious! I definitely felt like soul's reactions were spot on throughout the entire story. Even just the tiny things, the mayo jealousy, the song lyrics, god Star's texts were atrocious and I loved them! The kiss at the end was great, thank you for including that. It rounded the entire story off nicely. God and Giriko and Justin cuddled up like buff kittens, one of the best lines I have ever read.
Rogha chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
maybe because I'm a little old lady when it comes to most things in life, but black star's text speak really, just slowed down the reading of this for me. Occasionally I just gave up and hoped that text did not contain crucial information. I also found it a little hard to follow in places, but I think that is mostly because I kept getting distracted by iron man...

Apart from that, I loved the way you worked the AU and made it significantly less nineties(don't get me wrong, ten things I hate about you is BAE) the casting and translation of characters was really original and I feel like you could easily read it without having seen the movie. I don't know anything about American high school, inter clique rivalries and all that junk but you covered it so I wasn't completely lost.

All in all, I think you did a wonderful job and I really enjoyed reading it.
A reader chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
This was funny, cute, exciting, wild. It was quite good. Maka was all cool. And I felt sorry for Soul often as it seemed like he needed so much help from so many people to survive a couple weeks of high school.

Did Black Star introduce Liz and Patti incorrectly as cheerleader and color guard member, respectively? Because Kid mentioned Liz being the color guard member and Patti as the cheerleader. But whatever.

Now, I've never seen 10 things (maybe I should go see it now), so I don't know if this came from the movie or from you the author. BUT. The interpretation of the band was pretty darn accurate. It was my favorite part of the whole story. How the band worked and treated others in the school. Hilarious. There is truth to much of the details. How clannish/cultish the band acts. How it feels about non-band students using their facilities. The littered band room and storage room. All quite true. Any band geek can tell you that band kids don't like "civilians" using the music wings bathrooms. That they have kept a couch in the storage room. That you have to acrobatically climb for some of the storage room's shelves. That they have access to nearly everything, and their influence reaches pretty far in the school. And upon hearing a catchy, dance-y tune will all dance and sing in sync as the drum major conducts and directs the band. So good.

But yeah, fun story.
freakotumblrnatu chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
Saw this on Tumblr, loved the story and music tracks.
chaoticlivi chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
So how on earth do I start this review? By complimenting the humor? The way it manages to be completely its own thing while remaining spiritually faithful to 10 Things? Or how the sweetness crept in despite the overall caustic, sarcastic feel of the piece?

I really like Maka as the slightly-coarse-but-still-beautiful defender of the weak, especially the way that eventually came out. I love Justin and Giriko as surprise relationship counsellors. And I'm reeling from that odd but highly pleasant sensation of seeing everyone get so screwed up and then...rise from the ashes. I know, I know, I know romcom isn't usually your thing, but you did it really well.

And whew, that dance. THAT DANCE.

I feel you've pulled off an honest, gruff, but ultimately good-natured feel in this story, a feel that's generally not easy to create!
dftere chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
This was just hilarious. Beautifully written and I loved every second of it! I read it all in one sitting because I couldn't put my phone down.
NetterBetter chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Wow! What an amazing story! I was fangirling over badass Maka and the dork that Soul was being. This is one of my favorite resbangs so far. I was confused at certain points, but the end was great and I loved it. This story was looooonnnng too but great overall! Love every word!
snakebuttt chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Ah gosh, this was an exciting read. I really likehow you presented as many characters a s possible, making them different yet so very much the same as their original personalities. And badass Maka, yes please, I enjoyed this very much. I hope you enjoyed Resbang as much as I enjoyed the outcome of your work C:
thewicked1 chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
I read this while listening to MarshofSleeps playlist she whipped up on 8tracks and I was so into the zone with this story and the characters and Bohemian Rhapsody, it was all so brilliant and stunning. Asskicking-bodyguard-bomber-jacket wearing Maka is my favorite person ever and the diversity in sexuality was something I greatly appreciated and I feel you did everything such great justice. I'm 110% glad the tumblr post linking me to this and the playlist crossed my dash today because it reminded me of how great a story you spin.
Fangirly2349 chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
First off... damn that was long. 33,000 freaking words! Not that it was bad to have that many words. As...
Secondly... this was super good. Maka should have kicked more ass but still loved it even with no exploding iPhone :P
Loved it
zxanthe chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
*THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE*

THIS IS WONDERFUL AND AMAZING AND ABSOLUTELY ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS FICS I'VE EVER READ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE THIS

i'm sorry; it's late and i'm just really enthusiastic (read: shrieking from the sheer perfection) about this thing

you shush right now friend; you write kickbutt comedy. you had me cracking up at every other line, what with Soul's snark and Black Star's Vine obsession and Maka's penchant for beating up people who get on her bad side and the fLIPPIN BAND (i could go oN AND ON about the band i loved that it was basically a frickin cult) and just the antics of these crazy kids. it was a delightful read; your writing flows really well and the characterization was amazeballs and your sentences are on-point. in all honesty...i can't find anything to concrit; you are just that good.

in conclusion: A job. keep up the good work!
Shinza chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Lol I actually watched 10 things I hate about you last night so I just HAD to read this x)
Anyways, thanks for this great story! Love how you twisted the main plot leaving small details here and there about the movie, and of course all the hints at the Soul Eater universe. Your writting is amazing, the story is so fluid that I got hooked during the first lines and didn't stop till the end!
Moreover, I really liked all the refs to songs and movies (couldn't hold back a laught at the Narnia comment) and BlackStars' antics are just priceless xD (even if I did take some time decoding his texts ')
Too bad Kid was more of a serious character rather than his overactive OCD self... even if I still liked this 'scary/I can probably take over the world' Kid x) Maka and Soul were a bit ooc, but it was still easy to imagine them in their roles. The end was cute
And *cheers* for a happy ending for everyone! 3