Reviews for A Walk Among The Speakeasies
ameliapemerson chapter 1 . 9/15/2017
Oooh! , This is great! And so well written! Love the 30s setting. And I can't wait to read more. Great MM interaction. You have the feel for era and their attraction.
eyeon chapter 17 . 12/11/2016
This is an interesting pattern. Is Matthew really in love with Mary or does he just go from one love to the next? Or is he a cad? Alright I kind of like him as a cad, rather than a doormat, but I want him, them, to have a happy ending. I'm not sure running away would end his problems. I enjoyed hearing about Reginald and Isobel. I am very sad about Tom :-(
eyeon chapter 16 . 10/25/2016
Still hanging us on cliffs, I see. Who is Beth? I mean obviously Matthew's first love but what happened and is Mary endgame or is this going to be like the Sopranos and everyone dies at the end?
Guest chapter 16 . 10/23/2016
Glad for an update. Now who is or was Beth?
Apollo888 chapter 15 . 9/16/2016
Good to see you back. The showdown is coming and should be interesting to see who survives.
eyeon chapter 15 . 9/8/2016
Oh no not Tom! I can't believe he'd take that way out! Didn't Isobel know about Clara before this? Seems like she'd be very interested in her only grandchild. Try not to stay away so long!
Downton.fangirl chapter 14 . 4/19/2016
Uh ohhhhh I think is how I feel after every chapter! It's so intense! More Matthew and Mary time alone maybe coming soon?
Apollo888 chapter 14 . 4/14/2016
This is working towards what could be a nice showdown. I like how all the characters are choosing sides and plans are being made. The build up is good and now the next part will need to be dealt with carefully so it all comes together well. Looking forward to it.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 14 . 4/14/2016
Wow, the quality of the prose in this chapter was several notches up! As much as I dislike picturing Matthew as a serial-killing thug, the scenes were well written. The middle scene was brutal and efficient, and I like how you've established great tension with Mary and Clara being under Blake's control. Interesting development with the murder of Robert. I'm starting to feel like some part of this narrative is coming into focus, the pieces fitting in a way that I hadn't seen before. I liked Mary's line to Matthew: "Have you met my Grandmother?" :) The Mary/Matthew banter is appealing. I hope everything works out well...
Guest chapter 14 . 4/13/2016
Welcome home! Glad you're back to this story. So why isn't May afraid of Matthew? Because she knows he's besotted? Or is it just fake bravado? I hope your next wonderful chapter comes out soon
Downton.fangirl chapter 13 . 3/3/2016
OH BOY! WELL that beginning was H.O.T. damn. I loved it! But oh the crushing reality and the backstory! It was written marvelously, the information from Violet and Isobel right before we got back to the story, I lived the way you jumped around and did that. Well done! I can't wait for more!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 13 . 3/1/2016
Nice job maintaining so much unresolved tension.
eyeon chapter 13 . 2/28/2016
Oh you big meanie! Well after we find our about Madeleine I hope Mary and Matthew will get a chance to get back together! Come back soon, please!
Apollo888 chapter 13 . 2/26/2016
The pace is picking up and I like the additional insight into everyone's characters. There's more to everyone than we originally thought, which hopefully means unraveling all the mysteries will be interesting.
Downton.fangirl chapter 12 . 1/27/2016
WOOOO! OH MY WORD! How exciting! I feel some drama coming! Mary you sly sly dog!