Reviews for In Loving Memory
mumi3 chapter 13 . 9/14
This is a brillian fic, i have cried and laugh at this , totally in love with this.
Kolbz chapter 13 . 9/14
I really like this story
rabradley09 chapter 13 . 8/10
Just read the whole thing in one sitting. Love it!
lia.a.karas chapter 13 . 7/28
Interesting so far update soon please
geekymom chapter 13 . 7/18
Wonderful story!
It's not really fair that just because Hermione has been resorted, she loses her Prefect status. She worked *hard* for that, but it also follows hat it wouldn't be fair to take it from Pansy Parkinson just because she has changed Houses either. And Lavender Fucking Brown better not get the newly opened spot for Sixth Year Gryffindor Prefect either! Maybe the solution is for the Heads of Houses to have a clean slate as far as prefects go? After all, we know from canon that Ron was frankly a terrible excuse for a Prefect: we saw that he gave all the workload to Hermione and purposely overlooked rule-breaking that he saw in Gryffindor in an effort to seem cool and not take points away from his House. Personally, I think that Neville Longbottom would be a fantastic choice for Gryffindor's sixth year male prefect! He really came into his own the previous year with the help of the DA and now has strength of character and honor in spades. And given that he stood up to Harry, Ron, and Hermione that time in first year against his friends/House, HE, unlike Ron, would be willing to be an impartial, fair, and hard-working prefect. So yeah, I think the Heads of Houses should take this as an opportunity to learn from the previous year or two as to how well or poorly their choices for prefects have shown themselves to be. Not sure if you're going with the "just Hermione, Lavender, and Parvati" thing for their year or if you're including others like Fay Dunbar and Sally-Anne Perks in sixth year Gryffindor, but pleasepleaseplease don't give the position to Lavender because she sure as hell doesn't deserve it and wouldn't be a good prefect. As for Slytherin, I think Hermione should be chosen for sixth year. Prefects are chosen because they are good, well-rounded students with good grades and willing to help other students. Sorry, but the previous year showed that Pansy and Draco are not that. Maybe she's changed, but she already spent a year abusing her powers as Prefect by taking away points unfairly and acting very in-Prefect-like in Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad. Same with Draco: perhaps he's changed/will change, but the fact remains that he's shown himself to be a terrible Prefect as well by abusing his powers and taking points for unjust reasons, not Hogwarts rules. ESPECIALLY the time in canon when he took points away from Gryffindor for Hermione being a "mudblood." Again, I do believe people are capable of growth, but he has shown he doesn't deserve the position of Prefect and frankly, neither does Ron. They are in a position of power of others and they abused it already. If I were Snape, if give Slytherin sixth years' Prefect position to Zabini or Nott because Crabbe and Goyle are openly bullies and were part of the Inquisitorial Squad as well. We never hear anything in canon about bullying from Zabini or Nott, so the position could only go to one of them, really. As for sixth year Gryffindor's male Prefect, I don't think Harry would be a good prefect for the same reasons Ron wasn't. Seamus isn't a good choice because he's always blowing things up and doesn't have a great work ethic. So that leaves Dean, who we haven't really seem breaking the rules or being a bad student, or Neville, who after the previous year has really come into his own.

Wow, sorry for the novel and sorry if you weren't planning on addressing the lack of female Prefect by Hermione's resorting, but that was the first thought that popped into my mind when Snape mentioned Prefects in this chapter and immediately my mind went, "Lavender, NOOOOOOO. Not that bitch!" Not that I think Hermione's mother would willingly choose the botch after she openly attacked Hermione and her character during the Feast, but still! I need to know!
Wow, Lavender is such a mean-spirited bitch! Hope someone gets her back for that. Maybe a few hexes and pranks? Not with Marietta Edgecombe-type permanence, but enough to show Lavender that she's done wrong. One last thing though: the Weasley twins. They wouldn't be there at all. It was their seventh year last year and unless they are there as apprentices or something like that, they would be at WWW's, not Hogwarts.
Hmmm, can dark phoenixes not heal with their tears? Asking because Freyja didn't heal Hermione's broken ankle...
So if Severus and Voldemort have an affinity for fiendfyre and Hermione has one for Saint Elmo's Fire, but you said Dumbledore was able to stay light, not dark (maybe with the help of Fawkes), would HIS affinity be for Gubraithian fire? From canon, it's a enchanted fire that will burn forever that very few wizards were capable of making...Dumbledore gave the giants a branch of Gubraithian fire to keep them from turning to Voldemort, so it would make sense!

Also, if Dumbledore dies, pleasepleaseplease let Fawkes stay with Hermione because of her affinity for fire! A phoenix's healing powers would be damn useful during the war...but this is assuming Dumbledore is stupid enough to go looking for the horcrux alone. Since he couldn't take Severus as he was too close to Voldemort as the spy, could he maybe take Hermione with him to the Gaunt shack? Just a thought...

I also like that Harry is able to touch Hermione because of Voldemort's affinity! What he said about adopting Hermione if he were of age...it would be really cool if Hermione or Professor McGonagall adopted HIM! Possibly he could survive the ritual of Minerva's coven and be reborn because of his immunity to fire because of Voldemort's horcrux in him? And if he died and was reborn, that would be a way of removing the horcrux from him without him walking to his death! And then he and Hermione would REALLY be siblings. But if that wouldn't work, maybe that Native American adoption ritual Hermione was talking about?
KaterinaArianna chapter 13 . 7/18
This is such an AWESOME fic! I love what you've done with everything... with the coven, with the fire affinity, with the adoption, with Severus... EVERYTHING! Thank you so very much for your story, I CANNOT wait to see what comes next!
JuliSt chapter 13 . 7/17
Thanks for the update :) Glad that Severus will be able to offer Hermione some support since he is the head of Slytherin and the Slytherins have fear and respect toward him, lol. There will always be the a**holes though, like Lavender to cause problems, so hopefully Pansy and others will continue their defense too. Minerva breaking down was so emotional, she tries to hide her feelings so much and have that stern exterior, but she lost it :( Dumbledore was a great comfort for her, but he knows that Hermione will have to be trained and be in danger like Harry.
Calindy chapter 13 . 7/16
Wow! caught up after rereading everything. Seriously wow.
pgoodrichboggs chapter 13 . 7/16
Awesome chapter! So glad you are back. Exciting developments all around. It appears Severus will be upping Hermione’s training and that the hat has certainly placed her in the right House with Severus and Draco. She will be able to turn the tides in the war and be able to help Harry as well. Minerva will have to support her daughter in any way possible.
kpop1392as chapter 13 . 7/16
Aww poor Minerva. Will Lavender be treated differently because of the resorting? (Will someone throw or dump food on her?). I think it would be interesting to see how the houses and students will react to Hermione and if house unity would be established.
I enjoyed reading this chapter and story ] I hope you will have a wonderful week!
lizzyrocks.m chapter 13 . 7/16
Wooo! I was unbelievably ecstatic when I saw that you’d updated! Even though I only actually read your story yesterdayor possibly the day before... the days all blend into one on a holiday.

Anyways, loved that chapter. It certainly answered my immediate questions about why the resorting. Not that I have a problem with it, after all Slytherin is a pretty awesome house (she says with a rather large amount of pride). Can’t wait to see where you take it next! (Although don’t rush or force it, take all the time you need to take the story where you want it to go).