Reviews for Caged Birds
Celesti Rivers chapter 1 . 5/26/2015
I'll admit, I couldn't help but laugh a bit when Luna started talking about nargles. Here I thought I'd get another Greek mythology lesson ;)
From what I've read so far, you are a really clear and eloquent writer. The descriptions are sophisticated and elaborate, but not filled with ten-dollar words, and I couldn't pick out any spelling/grammar mistakes. Everything flows quite nicely, and I feel like everyone is in character.
I haven't been able to find a lot of stories that give a rendition of what was going on at Hogwarts during Deathly Hallows, and I'm quite excited that I have! It's an interesting and necessary perspective to consider.
This being the first chapter, I honestly can't think of any suggestions. I am really excited to keep reading though, and I'll let you know if I think of anything :)
Screaming Faeries chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Good start. I liked the initial opening description, it was quite haunting and poetic. Even though from the first part I’ve read it’s an event that we could perceive as actually happening in canon, it still feels quite tense to read whilst they’re on the train.

Luna was kept really well in character, particularly in the part where she was talking about the fox. Great job there.

I loved Hagrid’s involvement when they got to the platform. I could really imagine him saying those things about the trio and wanting some more company. Poor Hagrid :(

Overall I really liked this opening chapter. The only thing I think I would change is to maybe have less dialogue in the immediate opening, as I would have liked to see a bit more descriptive development from the offset. But, that’s probably a personal choice!

Great job!
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 2 . 5/19/2015
I liked the beginning with Ginny reflecting on things and how Tom impressed a taste for being alone on her.

The confrontation was pretty cool, too, it was very believable and I like how it was what lead her to the Ravenclaw dorm.

It's interesting how you're having Luna be the advisor for Ginny and the others, I'm not sure how I feel about that actually, some of it makes sense, but other times she seems more...connected than I think she would be because people thought she was weird and she was known for having troubles when it came to making friends.

All in all, though, an intense chapter!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
This was interesting, and you have a nicely easy to read writing style. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot to drive the plot forward quite yet, but I'm sure that'll come and there is intrigue at the end when there's a reference to Luna's secret (where I assume we're not supposed to know what it is yet). When you mentioned the fox the first time, I was curious and was hoping we'd get to hear what the rest of the story was, so I'm glad you had Luna elaborate, and it seems realistic that the rest of the group would want to focus on something besides the war at end. You also did a nice job covering the welcoming speech in a realistic yet concise way.
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
A fair beginning, I think. Not overly exciting, but still full of interesting pieces and such. I liked the story about the fox and liked how you spoke about the emptiness of Hogwarts with all the missing students and how cold and hollow the welcoming feast felt in comparison to the years past.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 5/12/2015
I haven't read many "what happened at Hogwarts during DH" fics, so I can't say how similar or different this is from any of the other out there, but I did find it interesting.

Why was the train so crowded that so many people had to cram into one compartment, if there weren't nearly as many students as usual at school when they got there? That doesn't make sense.

The story about the fox made an interesting conversation.

Everyone seems to be in character. I didn't spot any typos or grammar issues.
Guest chapter 7 . 2/27/2015
I'm dying. What is Luna's real secret?
theLadyCheshire chapter 7 . 1/27/2015
Very well done. I liked your characterizations. I would like to learn more about your version of Luna's backstory, there were a lot of hints but not anything solid.
insolitasum chapter 3 . 1/4/2015
That sounds good! I like your story and the idea. I've never read such a story before, but I'm excited to see what'll happen! Keep it up!
And I also like that you don't make all Slytherins evil. I hate that black and white thinking...
So yeah, great job and keep going!