Reviews for Harry Potter and the Ties that Bind
reminder chapter 23 . 10/14
Well, glad to see your professional career has taken off. But at the risk of sounding whiny, you abandoned this place without leaving a note.

Last ... skipped here after you killed Hermione. Thanks for the memories, but she was a favorite character.

Good luck.
CamTheThief chapter 9 . 10/10
I've loved reading your HP works. Well, I did. Right up until it was apparent what you were trying to do with Harry... Sure, there's a billion and four different ways people react to tragedy, but this entire little "character arc" felt so forced. Rejecting his friends, the cold disposition, it just didn't fit your established character at all.
Then I reach the apparent end of this odious little development and you specify in your author's note that even you didn't like it! No offense, but the plot didn't force you to write anything. Even though this is a fanfic it's your fanfic. You are the Old Testament God of this Harry Potter Universe. You choose who lives and dies, you decide all actions, all events, all thoughts and descriptions. Every single word. If you feel the plot forcing you to write something in a certain way odds are you're pandering to a stereotype (which I'm guessing is anime given how annoyingly reminiscent these chapters were to many arcs I've encountered in that particular medium.)
Of course I can't speak to your exact intentions nor thought processes off a single A/N. I simply find it frustrating that such an enjoyable story with a lot of attention to characters and the relationships established is marred by something so over the top and downright unnecessary.
Ithered chapter 23 . 10/2
i love this story cant wait for more
Ithered chapter 9 . 9/24
you have told an amazing story to date i have enjoyed every minute of this tale i hope you keep writing
a guy1013 chapter 23 . 9/11
nice series hope to see you get book 4 out soon if possible
Tritian chapter 23 . 9/3
His vampire friend needs to be in the Harem pleaseeee. Also when are we gonna see more of her? She was here for a few chapters then gone forever?
Blank-name26 chapter 1 . 8/22
Shit okay sorry I said to replace this story without giving it a proper chance. Just please start posting the fourth book so I can have some motivation too read it. Because as I said, I absolutely loved the first two and can’t deal with a harry isn’t the protective, awkward at times, ambitious Harry you’ve developed. And While I haven’t read the story I have a feeling he erased the craufts (didn’t spell it right) memory and just can’t. I’m so sorry.I like your Harry better than the original Harry. So please continue this series. Also forgive the rudeness of my earlier review.
Blank-name26 chapter 1 . 8/22
I loved the first two fics, read em both in two days and usually I don’t like reading fics that have Harry Potter as the main character. (It’s usually an oc) but I gave yours a chance and they were wonderful. However I’m not sure I’ll be reading this one. From the way you ended the last book and the reviews of this one, you’ve made Harry into a completely different character. Usually I’d give it a shot and read through it as I was looking forward to reading this but I just can’t. You’ve made fantastic stories that are entertaining as hell. But I can’t read this. I have a feeling Harry’s going to be ooc and completely different then the character I’ve come to like even more than the original. Please start posting a new story for this series or replace this one (that’s really rude and I’m sorry). This was a disappointment. (Only cause I loved the first two so freakin much)
Seananagan chapter 23 . 8/19
So I don't really suggest reading this unless you want to read a fic where Harry is apparently being controlled by the soul piece of Voldemort pretty much the whole time and only gets rid of it the last chapter. It also only goes to third year and shows no signs of ever going further. The first two were pretty enjoyable but it feels like it was pretty much lost in this one. I admit I skipped quite a bit when I realized what was happening and was glad I did, since it would have felt very dissatisfying after this conclusion. If those of you reading this want a HP fanfiction with a really talented "Eidetic Memory" Harry that is actually complete you can check out Saviour of Magic. This writer started off with a lot of promise, but all went downhill at the end of the Chamber of Secrets fic.
Seananagan chapter 3 . 8/19
Aannd now he was unintelligent enough to use his animagus in front of a ton of muggles while trying to hid, instead of using wandless magic to catch "him". Niiiicceee
Seananagan chapter 2 . 8/19
I know it has been so long you probably don't care anymore and I think this was the last HP fic you wrote. But it is becoming increasingly more difficult to keep read this, you made Harry go from fiercely protective, caring and putting a great deal of worth into his public and political standing. Yet now after Hermione's death he suddenly allows his friends to suffer through his absence and the media to ruin his public standing, which in turn will likely put Daphne in a worse position. I am going to continue on in the Hope's this gets rectified soon, but it was almost enough for me to stop. I get death changes people, but this change is a little hard to fit with the Harry you had been writing in the other two "books".
maybe fleur and selene for 1 and 2, lisa is like a sister
hope there is selene and fleur next sequel
2theMoon chapter 23 . 7/12
Felt like one big filler, im disappointed with harry going all emo.
MajorChaos13 chapter 23 . 7/4
Hey just read this series again. Really enjoyed it and I really love the way you have writen this story. I know you said thay you weren't going to continue this for a while but I was just wondering if that was still true. Anyway I hope you carry on cause I'll be looking forward to a the gangs 4th year, also praying for a Harry/fleur relationship
1,526 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »