Reviews for A Duet WellPlayed
Emily chapter 20 . 9/4/2012
Loved it. Great characterisation and description, and best of all awesome plot! :)
memorieslost05 chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
OK, first of all, very well done. You have a good imagination and a way with words.

Secondly, you may not have noticed, but your words are rather crowded together. Try using more paragraphs, as this would also help lengthen the chapters. And please, stop using 'he'. Use your wonderful imagination and think of phrases/words like 'the Potion's Master' or 'the man'.

Thanks for writing this fic and remember that there is always time for improvments!
Clever Lass chapter 20 . 2/14/2008
Seems I spoke too soon about the paragraph breaks. All the chapters after #12 seem to be spaced just fine, and were truly a pleasure to read. Was it just a fluke for that chapter, or was FFN being naughty again?

Also, I wasn't able to open the link for your naughty chapter on Adult fanfic. Is it broken?

At any rate, I very much enjoyed this story and will be recommending it on WIKTT and adding it to my fav's list on FFN. Thanks for sharing it!
Clever Lass chapter 14 . 2/14/2008
Vienna's a Dutch metropolis, is it? I must have missed something. :)
Clever Lass chapter 12 . 2/14/2008
I am enjoying this story more than you can imagine. Their characters, the music, the slowly building relationship between - it's all very, very well done.

The only problem is that your story is extremely hard to read because of the enormous blocks of text. It would be much easier if you were to learn to break your paragraphs properly.

Grammatically, each new speaker in a dialogue gets a new paragraph, as does each new thought. This chapter in particular was hard to read, and I almost skipped it. There's not a single paragraph break in the entire chapter, and it's extremely hard on the eyes. Break up your text properly, with white space between the paragraphs, and your readers will thank you.

Once you conquer that problem, I'm sure that your readers will enjoy your stories even more than they currently do. As I said, it's an excellent story, and it's a pity to detract from the enjoyment of it by something as simple as a mechanical error.

Onward to chapter 13!
Mahoko-chan chapter 20 . 9/19/2006
That was awesome! I love the way you wrote it. It's a hard couple to write on (with the fear of OOC-ness and all) but you managed to make them realistic and...yeah I have to admit that your story is a fine piece of writting. (No kidding I totaly love it).

Anyway, I had the time of my life reading it and I will be sure to put it in my favorite.

Yours truly,

Mahôko-chan.
AzkabanReject chapter 20 . 2/19/2006
I loved the story. By combining magic and music, you made a very interesting plot. Well done.
k182 chapter 20 . 1/28/2006
I loved it! A very well written and original story with a lot of tension. Fantastic!
darkforces chapter 20 . 12/17/2005
brilliant story well done, keep on writing
zafaran chapter 20 . 5/8/2005
Well played and well written. I quite enjoyed this story on the first read a while back, and enjoyed it even more today on the reread. Keep up the good work. Zafaran zafaranswan at yahoo. com
llylou chapter 20 . 4/15/2005
A very good story. I really love the idea that music was a form of magic.
ozarkmoon chapter 20 . 3/16/2005
Bloody brilliant story. Love the idea of music used with potions!
sessnine chapter 20 . 7/4/2004
aw! This was such a good story!:( Too bad it's over! I loved this story so much! Love the way you had Hermione and Snape together, and how you didn't post the lemon chapter here, after all, there are some people who erm...don't...appreciate those...anywayz, loved da story! Ciao!
Laiagarien chapter 14 . 6/11/2004
I love your story, though I always imagined Severus playing the cello instead. You may want to note, however, that in Vienna people generally speak German (in that era perhaps even French). Dutch is spoken in The Netherlands.
tigger117 chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
this is a wonderful love story! thank you so much for your effort and time to this story. i really enjoyed reading it!