Reviews for The Shining Legion
Darkness envoy chapter 11 . 5/8/2019
"sees extremely late update". realizes that there has yet to be another update.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2019
Decided to retread this wonderful fanfic and must say I'm not disappointed in the least, on the contrary I forgot how epic it was.
Good job on the combat, was nice to read of roman infantry fighting as a unit unlike Hollywoods beloved they fight as a mob or whatever. And was nice to have Weiss get bogged down and pulled from her horse, the normal fate of cavalry that gets bogged down.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/18/2018
Awesome lore
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2018
Loved the cultural reference
TheIronTemplar chapter 11 . 11/26/2018
You may or may not be dead, if you are, then my condlences, if not, then please continue. I am an avid reader and writer of RWBY fanfiction, be it smut, intelligent stories or stupid one-shots, I read them all. And I must say, this is one of my favorites, it shows the complete love for the craft of story writing and history (The Roman Republic and Empire being my favorite) whilst still staying true to the heart of RWBY. You have made an AU that trumps most of the scribble scrabble that plagues the fandom, your use of imagery and word chouce truly helping me delve into the story. For that I congradulate you on a job well done and may you continue with this story with high hopes and many viewers.
haydenunstopable chapter 7 . 11/23/2018
Theory: according to virgil, the Romans are the descendents of troy after it was conquered by sparta and her allies. And I believe troy is set in modern day turkey, which back then was home to Greek colonies. So that kind of explains the Romans having Greek gods with different names
NotIndy chapter 11 . 11/12/2018
As an archaeologist I have a bit of a weakness for historical fics like this (From the Shield's Edge is awesome too.) so with the rate that A World of Bloody Evolution has been updating recently I can't help but hope you find the inspiration to continue this as well.
Le0nidas chapter 11 . 8/26/2018
Hmmmmm, a shame that this is either dead or on extended Hiatus... it’s shows potential, I have always been a fan of ancient empires and RWBY. This combines both of them rather well. Hope it come back!
animevacker104531 chapter 11 . 5/7/2018
Cant wait to see what happens next. when the hiatus is over
wolf master97 chapter 11 . 4/30/2017
So, this story still going yes? And when are we gonna see some good old fashion Roman backstabbing, personally, I want to see Jaune kill a Etruscan captured Weiss and claim it was the doing of a desprate enemy, taking title as sol Tribune. Or just more battle. Yeah, lets go with that one.
pnau8694 chapter 11 . 2/8/2017
This might just be the best fic I have read in months, well done! I love the setting, especially since I know a fair amount about the early Roman Empire, and the way you integrated the characters into it is pretty impressive. The battle scenes are well crafted and fluid, the moments of horrific violence and cruelty are well integrated, and the way the characters react to it all is logical in such a universe.

All in all, reading your story has been quite entertaining, and I already thanked the friend that recommended it to me.

Good continuation!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 11/23/2016
Wow, way to make it obvious how evil Roman times seem now by mashing them with the optimistic heroes of Ruby!
Sir Deadpool chapter 6 . 11/17/2016
Ah, the pressures of command, I hope we get to see Winter or Ironwood show up soon!
Sir Deadpool chapter 5 . 11/17/2016
Hmm, interesting, I'm hoping you keep the hatred toward other cultures based on regional things, romans hate greeks and all outsiders, faunus or no and vice versa.
Sir Deadpool chapter 4 . 11/17/2016
Damn good chapter, I wanna give some good points but my knowledge of Roman history is in minor passing and from RTW games/HBO's Rome.