Reviews for Christmas, 1944
Tavina chapter 1 . 12/31/2019
*sniff* I got something in my eye. I was so worried when first reading this fic because What if it was SAD. I am so so glad it's not sad.

Some of my favorite moments were when Tenten asked "what does he mean by youthful?" and Neji responding with "Damned if I know." I giggled a lot when that happened!

Thank you Giada for filling me with warm and fluffy feels (even tho I spent half the fic in fear of what could have occurred! I was ready to cry too!)

~Tavina (Leaf)
oatsoyapeanutbutter chapter 1 . 8/22/2019
All I can say is... this is so beautiful. The writing, the details, the atmosphere, how you captured everyone's characterization perfectly... everything's great and I'm loving it! I'm so sorry if my presence in almost every fiction that you wrote started to bugging you in some ways but I just can't help it! Thank you, thank you for sharing this with us! Have a great day~
Jutluk chapter 1 . 1/9/2019
A short story with so many emotions embedded in it. At certain point it felt scary to read any further( Maj gai). Happy that I didn't left it out.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/14/2017
This made me choke a little with fear. I know it was supposed to be fluffy but one of the fears I have is of war, of waiting for that terrible news and this touched on that nerve in a beautiful and soft way thst I both appreciate and dislike. The writing was as always superb and on point. I like the details you add to stories, the names of the singers for instance. There's always detail that makes you sink into the story the way you would into a soft mattress. It's relaxing you into believing. Thank you for sharing
mississippimudpiecraves chapter 1 . 11/24/2016
Aww this was really sweet! I'm so happy you didn't kill him off! Really like their reunion scene! Emotions were well portrayed!
NadejdaHope chapter 1 . 9/29/2016
I've been reading afew of your NejiTen stories and I must say I love them all! Awesome storyline and I like it how you managed to keep them in characters. Looking fwd to yr updates ;)
princesshyuuga01 chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
Ahhhh I really enjoyed this. The title was what intrigued me first. The year 1944. I am a sucker for stories set way back in the days. I guess it's partly because I'm a 21st century kid and it's much more interesting to read about times before me. You know, the great wars and such ;) You had me scared for a second there! I could've sworn Neji was going to reported dead :'( But silly me, I read the summary and you had clearly stated "fluff" hahaha! You kept the suspense going long enough for me to actually get worried and completely ignore what was implied in the summary.

I don't know if you are familiar with the band Nickelback but they have a song called "Far Away" the music video came to mind while I was reading it. Especially that part where Neji steps out from behind Gai and Tenten felt relief that he was alive.

Geez Gai! He scared her and me! Something similar happened in the video. Now I want to go listen and watch! Ahhhhh the nostalgia. Really nice one shot. You wrote Tenten's loneliness adnd acceptance of that loneliness really well.

Nice story!
HeavenlySwirl chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
It was a great read. Kyaa, I thought he was dead huhuh. Thank goodness, he wasn't. :)
monsterball chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
WOW okay, this is definitely one of my favorite stories; the reunion scene is really breathtaking. Nice job! 3
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
I have to admit there was a point I too thought Neji had lost his life. That part was so sad but being that he was alive was probably my favorite part in this tale. The way that this is told is very touching and a tribute really to all those that serve in the military and the families who support them and are often left at home waiting for their safe return.
Fruits chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
This story made me smile... Thank you very mucho for sharing!
starhuda chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Aww,this was so adorable.
Keep writing Nejiten
gracie-buns chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
So i first read this on tumblr again haha. This was wonderful, i was supposed to read it earlier this week when you first posted this on tumblr. But I was caught in the Legend of Korra fandom celebrating the Korrasami ship. I was out of the nejiten tag for almost a week. But I saved and bookmarked this on story on tumblr anyway. I just read this earlier today before I read Kunoichi XI. I love it, at first my heart was sooo heavy (I guess that was your intention .), I empathized so much. That it hurt me when I read she was alone on christmas. I though neji was dead that was why she didn't want to go home.

I too know the hum of machinery closely, I grew up listening to them, they where the lullabies of my childhood. We used to live in our printing press, because my parents wanted to be close to the business.

My heart was tearing itself when Gai was in her front door. I thought Neji had fallen like Yamanaka and Nara. And again you pulled on my heartstrings when you revealed that Neji still lives albeit injured. But what's important to Tenten is Neji being alive. I love the part where to Tenten the silence is unbearable when she isn't with neji.

You are the best thank you for this wonderful Nejiten christmas fic. Merry christmas :) honey bun.
crazee chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
OMG! What a lovely story. I was grinning the whole time I read it! Great job :))))
Aquarius Galuxy chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
LOL would totally love more "youthful" lines driving Neji nuts! I wonder what sort of dinner Gai brought for them?

Happy holidays!