Reviews for To Look Beyond the Mask (PART 2)
Avalonemyst chapter 43 . 12/27/2020
Love this very much !
Celebrisilweth chapter 43 . 12/23/2020
Nice little respite to fill in during your "block." Hope things resolve quickly since future parts are ready. I especially like Kili's exchange with Thorin.
RemiSparklez chapter 43 . 12/22/2020
YAYAYAY we got an update! I have loved this story and been waiting for so long for a return of it! Thank you for coming back, and I am so excited to see where this goes from here!
AviorHyrax chapter 43 . 12/21/2020
So glad to see this update! I was worried about you as you hadn’t posted in a while and this year has been crazy. Hope you and yours stay safe and well. Can’t wait to see more - this story is still my favorite hobbit tale ever. I love the depth of the characters and the slow, slow burn of the Cira/Kili relationship.
Tryssa chapter 42 . 9/3/2020
Oh my goodness! Such a well written tale! I couldn’t put my phone down and read Part 1 and caught up to Part 2 in a day!
I read about what you posted for where you’re living now. Congratulations! As a fellow Idahoan I congratulate you on a lovely choice to live your life. :D
It’s been a little over a year since you’ve updated this story and I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed that (1) you are doing well and (2) that you update soon. I love the realistic slow-burn chemistry between Cira and Kili and her determination to protect her friends. Your knowledge of the Tolkien world and how you present everything is amazing. I have laughed, reared up, giggles and chuckled while reading I truly want to read more!
So again fingers(and toes!) crossed for an update during this crazy year of 2020 and that you and yours are well!
~Tryssa
mandarina chapter 42 . 8/17/2020
It's the first time I leave a comment in your story after reading it all in one go and WOW! Girl, keep writing like that! Don't you stop!
The thing I like the most about your work is the details you manage to include about Dwarvish society and its customs and beauty standards, whether they're canon or not. I find that it helps a lot in making the world you're writing about feel more real. And I particularly enjoy how it intertwines with the Men in a completely natural way. It makes sense for the Dwarves not to know anything about humans, since they're such a closed off race. I can't wait until their differences crash together, it's gonna be hilarious and sweet at the same time, when I think of Kili's reaction when he finds out he can have Cira. He gives me so many Hunchback vibes anyway, every time I happen to hear "Heaven's light" I think of Kili XD
Another thing I find really refreshing is the prudery (shall we call it like that? XD) and the education of the dwarves, simply because it helps giving the feeling of a time so far removed from ours. I agree that it gives the vibe of the Middle Ages (what it's perceived of it anyway since a large part of it would make US look like prudes, ahahah).
Lastly, as a fellow Tolkien fan, can I express my joy in reading the actual authentic lore fused with this story? Personally, I think it's a beautiful way to respect the original source material even while straying dramatically.
I can only say I hope I'll be able to read more of this story from you. And I also hope that your farm is doing okay and that you and your family are all staying healthy and safe. 3
SuperWhoVenger214 chapter 42 . 7/13/2020
Freaking amazing! I love this story so much! I know it's been a while since you updated (hope your health is doing ok, and you're having fun with your farm!), but I'm following anyway, so that when you do have some time and can get the next part up I won't miss it!
RemiSparklez chapter 42 . 6/23/2020
Please update again! I miss this story!
Elven Silver Power Ranger chapter 42 . 4/7/2020
Love this story cant wait till she meets the elf king.
GunnerDarling1894 chapter 42 . 1/19/2020
I stumbled upon Part 1 not long ago and have been enthralled by your story since! I’ve really enjoyed your take on the storyline and lore of Tolkien. I really do hope you continue the story and I can not wait to see where you take it from here.
Eternal Cosmic Sailor Saturn chapter 42 . 12/27/2019
Gah! I got to the end of the chapter, excited for more and was FOILED by the lack of next chapter! I'm not blaming you (one can only write so fast after all), I was just so into the story and the characters that it was all I was thinking about at work (I even forwent supper tonight in favour of reading) and was surprised that I'd gotten this far already.
I LOVE this story! The characters feel so real and my heart squeezes practically every chapter over one thing or another!
So, Cira is clearly at least half-dwarf (ish or so at least), and it seems to have come from her mother's side. And her father was something, clearly. So, does that mean that this takes the whole 'Middle-earth is an epic set in the Earth's distant past' type story, or is it a type where there ARE different worlds and Cira's mother's family has some kind of connection to a portal that allowed them to travel between the two?
McKenna079 chapter 42 . 9/22/2019
Please update!
Ryan Skye chapter 42 . 9/9/2019
The first time I found your story was years ago and as I read it, it drew me in. I read as far as you had published at that time, to right after her running bare foot to find the mint for Kili. Then my computer died on me and I had to get a new one. Only after getting my new one did I realize I had never followed or favorited this story because I had been too engrossed to even think about it.
Now here I am 5-6 years later searching through possible Hobbit FanFictions to read when I came across your part 2. It had been favorites and followed so many times that I figured I would go to your page and start with part 1. Because it is barbaric to not start at the beginning of a story.
Anyway I find part one, open it, and with in the first couple of paragraphs I knew exactly which story it was and I got excited. After years of randomly trying to find your story, because it was so good, I had stumbled upon it by accident. That was on Saturday, in the afternoon. Now here I am 10:30 am on Monday and I not only finished part 1 but I also finished everything you have for part 2 as well.
Your story is one of the best, if not the best, FanFictions I have ever read. The way you weave it together using different points of view along with memories draws your readers in and adds to much depth and development to the characters and the story itself.
There are a few times when you forget that your character has already shared a small bit of information, but the only reason I noticed is because I read everything you have from start to finish so quickly. All of the details were fresh in my mind so it stood out to me.
As to your writing... It just keeps getting better and better as you gain experience. Your story has had me laughing, crying, feeling embarrassed, angry, worried, and relieved.
I am dying to be able to continue reading this story as you post new chapters and I am praying that you have the time to write more. Please keep writing this story whenever you can.
Your story and how well it is done makes me want to start writing again, something I haven't done since high school.
I have so mich emotionally invested in your story, I want to know: how/if Cira and Kili get together? How the topic of being a widow is brought up? How that stupid prideful elven prick reacts to her? What happens with the spiders? Does she get left in Laketown? Does Smaug still attack Laketown? How does the company react thinking she is dead? How Kili reacts if he isn't in Laketown with her? Is that when everyone else discovers his feelings for her, when Kili thinks she is killed by Smaug? And most importantly DOES SHE SAVE THE LINE OF DURIN?
I want to know all of these things and so much more, and it is all because of your skill as a writer. And because of your skills I will also be checking out your story Amazing Grace. If it is half as good as this story you will have a loyal reader for life!
Rubyia chapter 42 . 8/10/2019
Congratulations! I really hope you guys meet your goal. This is so exciting!
Celebrisilweth chapter 42 . 8/10/2019
Sweet chapter. They're starting to consider their feelings for each other even if they don't understand yet. And big bro Fili is being supportive.
Thanks for the update and good luck with the house.