Reviews for Highest Bough
gaylelbf chapter 4 . 8/14
Beautiful story!
MadameMorganLeFay chapter 4 . 7/21
Beautiful! I know I say this a lot, but I LOVE your writing. I learn so much from you. Great imagery and the ending made me squee too much. I'm not even a dog person, but this was cute. Great story.
MadameMorganLeFay chapter 3 . 7/21
You really captured the warmth between Merlin and Mithian, which was complimented by the fire besides them. I enjoyed the romance here without overt gooeyness or clich├ęs; true love is far more substantial and requires compromise in the face of disagreement. Mithian always struck me as intelligent enough to understand this.
MadameMorganLeFay chapter 2 . 7/20
Great characterization in this chapter, and I love the symbolism behind Merlin accepting the stray puppy. He is telling his own life story, and this really demonstrates his own moral philosophy. His fight has always been about life and that's what makes him, despite his frustrating flaws, a great character. My favourite line was "Merlin was quite aware of the hypocrisy."
MadameMorganLeFay chapter 1 . 7/20
An engaging chapter. I admire your use of gradual revelation and stripped down backstory here. Evidently, I need to read/reread Holly Leaves, although I did remember Sagol. Great work.
karameiwaku chapter 4 . 5/27/2016
Awesome sequel! Enjoyed both of them. Merlin's baby angst was adorb.
IloveHeat chapter 4 . 4/23/2015
Beautiful. Please consider one more story with all the future kids. Everyone should know the happiness of reading one of your Merlin stories. Thank you.
Bismark195 chapter 4 . 4/7/2015
Love it! This needs to be a trilogy!
jayley chapter 4 . 2/22/2015
awh, yay that was cute:)
Mika271170 chapter 4 . 1/12/2015
I realised i have not revewed this great story yet!

That was the most sweet and cute,yet brilliantly writen story in this fandom,i needed many tissues!

Great work,as always!
coloredwords chapter 4 . 1/8/2015
This was lovely!
I do hope you'll continue with this through Mithians pregnancy and Merlin's fears of becoming a father.
Ocean Mint Leaves chapter 4 . 12/29/2014
Man, I really hate it when I miss story alerts but, at the same time, they are like totally unexpected gems.

Once I said that , though I am not a Merthian shipper, I do ship YOUR Mithian and Merlin only because you're prowess when characterizing Mithian makes her perfect. And I stand by it. THIS Mithian and her relationship with Gwen and Arthur and, most of all, with Merlin, is perfect. I LOVE the way you're built up hers and Merlin's relationship and how they seem to understand each other. It's beautiful.

Oh, boy. Now onto the real good stuff and I mean, of course, Merlin and Arthur. ALKJFLKDJA. The fact that Arthur dotes over one dog and that the dog seems to have something against Merlin and that they both glare at each other as if the dog was competing for Arthur's attention...Headcanon accepted my friend. That dog is life. That dog and Merlin's sassy door should have their own collection of short stories. And then ARTHUR giving Merlin advice about parenthood and Gwen being pregnant and both of them trying to give courage to each other and...fjsldfjaskfjak. Why did this not happen? and don't get me started on Arthur covering for Merlin and the reversal of roles.

THE DOG THAT MERLIN TAKES IN. The metaphoric depth is beautiful. The one dog everybody seems to have given up for and that turns out to be the one with the most spark and life. It's beautiful.
Before I forget I most mention: 'you're going to spoil that child rotten.' It's genius because it's probably true.

AND THEN GWEN'S LINE: 'They can be quite dense...even ones as brilliant as our dear husbands.' Perfect. Kickass Gwen is always welcome especially because it's canon.

Plus the resolution of the whole moral dilemma of starting a family is not only wise but beautifully rendered. Merlin realizing that there should be no waiting and the puppy's part to play on that realization.

Another masterpiece then, Oz. *clapping.* This is absolutely beautiful my friend.

Love you!
Sandyy chapter 1 . 12/28/2014
I saw this go up shortly before Christmas, and you can't imagine how happy I was. I loved Holly Leaves and a sequel absolutely made my day. :):):) It was like an extra Christmas present! All of this is just so thoroughly in character-especially Merlin. I can imagine him driven absolutely crazy by Arthur's dogs, but of course he couldn't leave the little one to die. I can also easily see him fretting over the idea of a child. And he and Mith are such a precious couple the way you write them.

Anyway, I'm always happy to see another Merlin story up from you, and especially in this 'verse which I particularly enjoy. Thanks for sharing it, and although I'm a bit late, Merry Christmas to you!
SpangleyPony chapter 4 . 12/26/2014
Loved it. Please continue to write for this pair. Hope you had a great Christmas :-D
MamzelleHermy chapter 4 . 12/26/2014
Well, that was a warm, cuddly, christmassy story! I loved it! And even more as I am such a Merthian shipper! PERFECTION!