Reviews for Sympathetic Properties
tulsa chapter 39 . 6/27
pretty please, update soon
Camilo The Great chapter 6 . 6/22
I was expecting worse, actually. Something along the lines of a comedy of errors, in which Ginny (or her parents, who she has misinformed) think Harry and lawyer are negotiating for a bride price, when he's just looking to rent...
Spidersauce chapter 2 . 6/9
Waffling all day. Makes Waffles. I like your style.
camp1500 chapter 12 . 5/30
WOW ... your Dumbledore is a bit delusional.
veronicamcclure2 chapter 38 . 5/23
Doesn't Dumbledore, whether in canon or fanfic, always seem to think that Harry is being controlled by that piece of Riddle Soul? I mean really, all he had to was really observe who Harry surrounds himself with and he would've seen Harry not hanging out with bullies like Riddle did and seen if he wanted, that. Harry was definitely made better choices than Riddle, Snape, or his own father.
missgsmith51 chapter 23 . 5/20
I've never been a big Ginny fan, mainly because I think her character is poorly developed in canon. Whether good or bad, fanfic authors do their own developing of her character. I can honestly say I really dislike your version of Ginny thus far. (This is not necessarily a bad thing.) For some weird reason, she makes me think of a female Draco. (I don't like him, either.)

Molly was very good with Ginny upon Harry's arrival - much better than I would have expected. She tried, gently but firmly, to get Ginny to see that she had the opportunity to truly befriend the REAL Harry and not some cartoon fiction hero. It seems, though, that bratty little Ginny is still more interested in Harry the BWL than she is in Harry the Real Boy. Her hostility toward Hermione is disturbing, IMO, chiefly because of her connection with Riddle through the Diary. I can see him giving her the means to injure or even kill Hermione. I really hope Luna can get her to see Harry more realistically and accept that he loves Hermione.

One thing I hope Luna is able to do is figure out the danger of the Diary. I blame Dumbledore for some of that debacle in canon. Why did he insist on keeping Voldemort's true identity a secret? If that information had been common knowledge, he might never have gained so many followers in the first place. Also, people like the Unspeakables and the DMLE might have been able to track him more easily. Other governments might also have been able to help. At the very least, Ginny would have known she had Voldemort's Diary. While I'm unsure if this Ginny would have turned it over to her dad, canon Ginny would have.

Perhaps Bill and Charlie can talk to Ginny while they're home and get her to see reason. I would at least like Bill to take a look at the Diary. (I've never understood Dumbledore's failure to use Bill's curse-breaking skills to look at Harry's scar. I've also wondered why he didn't have Bill teach Harry Occlumency. You KNOW any Gringotts employee has to have formidable shields to keep clients' business confidential. Bill was an Order member and would have been far better for Harry.)

It's good to see that Skeeter never changes. Or maybe it isn't so good. I really hope she can get the goods on Ida Beeman. (Then again, perhaps SHE is Ida Beeman!)
missgsmith51 chapter 21 . 5/20
It occurs to me that I've described Dr. Puckle as cold and emotionally unavailable, but your A/N actually reminds me of something else entirely. Hermione's musings here put me in mind of a couple of students from my past, one of whom was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. She was very intelligent and generally surpassed her peers academically. Could that account for Dr. Puckle's brilliant mind coupled with her "odd" or lacking social skills?

Another exceptionally bright student of mine - who seemed far more mature intellectually (and socially, oddly enough) than her peers - was a girl diagnosed with Selective Mutism. I had never heard of such a thing. One would think she would be ignored and left out, but she had a sense of humor and was well-liked by her peers, despite rarely uttering a word. Her writing skills certainly were incredible for a 12-year-old. She must be in her early to mid thirties by now, and the last time I heard about her, she still rarely spoke.

As for Hermione's face ... I dearly hope she isn't suffering from a terminal case of RBF. That really would be tragic. (In one story I read, Neville teased her that using a mean face often enough and holding it for too long might cause it to "get stuck that way." That cured her!)
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 5/20
I'm not sure why Barchoke freaked, as if this was the first time he'd heard about the theft. In canon, Gringotts reported that the vault had been breached but nothing taken, due to the vault having been emptied earlier in the day (by Hagrid, though the article didn't identify him). Surely all aspects of the entire incident had been investigated at the time ... right?

Are they upset because they were never informed of what had been IN the vault? That shouldn't be an issue, given what Bella has hidden in her vault!

This is a rather nerve-wracking chapter. I'm worried about Dan Granger and Arthur being together. That duo sounds like potential trouble, to me.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 5/20
I was right about the Ida Beeman/Dumbledore/Bumblebee connection! Actually, I disagree with Barchoke about Dumbledore not "beeing" the author of the "sexy books." I think he is quite capable of writing the florid prose of bodice-rippers. I think it's right up his alley.

I find it disturbing that a girl Ginny's age was reading those bodice-rippers. Molly always seems a bit prudish to me, making me wonder how she would allow this. I guess Molly is a closet fan.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 5/20
Mr. Granger seems to fit in with this bunch of lunatics really well, despite being a Muggle. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he invited Harry to stay with them after his time with the Weasleys is up ... or even if he were to suggest the Grangers move closer to the magical family. Dr. Puckle is another story.

I loved seeing other customers question Lockhart about the timing of some of his adventures. I just hope more do it and something comes of it. I'm glad to see Hermione figuring him out so quickly.

I'm worried that Dobby may well be dead before he ever has the chance to escape to the "Great Harry Potter, Sir." Lucius is especially brutal in his treatment of Dobby. I am not a fan of S.P.E.W., by any means; but the Wizarding world definitely needs an SPCE (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Elves) organization. Actually, something more all-encompassing should really be done. A SPCMC (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Magical Creatures) and a SPCMR (the same but for Magical Races) are definitely needed. That should give Hermione a lot to take up any spare time.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 5/19
Snape may be doing what is right, but his attitude about Lily BELONGING to him stank worse than Polyjuice potion.

What, exactly, do they want from old Figgy? I doubt she would badmouth Dumbledore, if that's what they're looking for. Isn't she one who worships him? Ditto Tonks and Shacklebolt. Mad-Eye may not worship him - I think he sees him too clearly for that - but he seems willing to bend, and maybe even break, a lot of laws for Dumbledore.

I didn't know Sirius had a trial of any kind ... even a so-called one. I thought he was stunned in the street and woke up in Azkaban. Or was he "tried" (I use that term laughingly) in absentia? That sounds like something the Ministry would do. Perhaps Sirius will be getting out sooner rather than later. I hope so.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 5/19
It looks as though loyalty to Harry is going to carry the day. Hermione admits she is lacking information, but she still supports Harry. McGonagall and Snape also seem to be in his corner, as does Hagrid. I definitely hope that continues.

In I understand correctly, transfer of ownership of Dobby is also in process. If that goes through, will Dobby still try to keep him out of Hogwarts for the year? Or will Dobby finally be able to spill the goods on "old bad, nasty master" (aka Lucius)? That would certainly put a smile on Amelia Bones's face. I suppose it would turn Cornelius's face as green as his ugly bowler. HeHe!

"He was Albus Dumbledore. He was always right, everyone would see that in time. After all, what would they do without him? Surely the world would collapse around them." Frankly, those sentiments should qualify him for a full life residency in the Janus Thickey Ward, if you ask me (and maybe even if you don't).
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 5/19
"In the magnificent week he'd been in Geneva, absolutely nothing had been accomplished. The Greater Good would provide after all." Well, it's comforting (Not!) to know that our arrogant, self-important Headmaster is still his same, old delusional self.

I wonder if the "new Hermione" will still be as authority-worshipping as the old Hermione was. How long will it take her to realize that Dumbledore has a definite agenda that does NOT include Muggleborns rising to equality with Purebloods? And what about Lockhart? How long will it take her to see that he is an incompetent, lying, thieving (I call his actions theft), self-aggrandizing, popinjay? How long before she realizes - and admits - that, in the Wizarding world, books are not necessarily trustworthy? Actually, seeing those Harry Potter books should have already made inroads there. I guess it depends on how long it takes her to connect the dots.

That reminds me ... Ida Beeman is the author of the Harry books. Who is that? At the moment, my money is on one Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. "Dumbledore" is an archaic word for "Bumblebee." Writing those stupid books would be a perfect way to keep Harry's name "out there" in people's minds while he was stashed away under the stairs at #4 Privet. Said books would also fund Dumbledore's favorite charity: himself. Normally, I would have suspected Lockhart or Skeeter, but the name just screams Dumbledore. He could also use his self-appointed guardianship to prevent lawsuits for unlawful use of his name by Harry or the Goblins. Besides, after the first encounter we see between Dumbledore and Rosmerta, I suspect fantasy adventures (young Harry) and bodice rippers (older Harry) would be about his style.

BTW, I quite agree that he is a monster, mostly because he absolves himself of any guilt, despite his actions. The fact that he doesn't fire off AKs like Riddle and his DEs - combined with his usual "benevolent grandpa" routine - makes this easy to miss. He also does a darn good job of spinning his press, so that attention is deflected onto others' negative actions. It takes serious thinking and examining to really see what he is. Most don't want to see. They want to remain blissfully unaware and let Grandpa Albus do their thinking and acting for them.

Sorry ... didn't mean to rant.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 5/19
Oops! I've been spelling Lichfield wrong. So sorry! (My auto-edit just tried to make it "Leichfield" again! Go figure.)

Poor Hermione. It sounds as if her mother is a cold, rather emotionally unavailable ... Puckle. Her dad, fortunately, seems very warm, caring, and fun-spirited, leading me to wonder how the two got together in the first place. It isn't like they were Wizards stuck in a betrothal contract. It's difficult to believe that "cold fish" trait could have been kept hidden. Or did it just come out once she had Hermione? Too bad for everyone involved. If you don't want kinds, don't have them and inflict yourself on them. Just be honest about it before you trap some man or woman into marriage. (I saw two friends end up in marriages like this ... not good for the kids.)

Your Harry definitely seems more pro-active where his life is concerned. I hope this results in a happier and safer life for him ... although I'm not going to count on it. There are too many variables (both idiots and bad guys) who DON'T want him safer and happier, unfortunately.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/19
I was quite surprised to hear Molly sounding so "common-sensical." She is usually the one who has filled Ginny's head with the BWL nonsense. I'm curious to see how both Arthur and Molly react to Harry's change of address when they truly understand what is happening.

I can't wait to see what Dumbledore has to say. I hope Barchoke and Leichfield haven't spoken too soon about Harry not having to go back to #4 Privet Drive.
3,089 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »